What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

POLL CLOSED Community Dynasty Rankings Player #36 (1 Viewer)

Who would you rank 36th in a 12 team dynasty league, QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/K/DEF PPR with standard sc

• DeMaryius Thomas

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Rookie Pick 1.5

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Derrick Henry

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Lamar Miller

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Jordy Nelson

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Stefon Diggs

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Corey Coleman

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • LeSean McCoy

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Donte Moncrief

• Doug Baldwin

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Russell Wilson

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Brisco54

Footballguy
We have had our second tie.  Davante Adams & Jordan Reed both received 11 of 58 votes to tie for the 10th pick of the third round (34th overall)..  Everyone  received votes this round except Doug Baldwin.  That poll/thread can be viewed here: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/754681-community-dynasty-rankings-player-34/

HOW TO ADD PLAYERS TO THE LIST

First, you can add a name to the current poll by clicking Other and telling me who you think is better than all players on the current list.  (Please tell me that you clicked the other button in the reply... not just the name of your nominee)

Second, in rounds where no one has clicked the other button to add a player, I will add a single player nominated in the comments.  This will be the player with the most support to be added in the comments (total users nominating that player)... in the event of a tie, it will go to the player first nominated in the comments.

Donte Moncrief was added by the "Other" button.

Time to pick close out the third round.

Standings

1.1.  Odell Beckham

1.2.  Ezekiel Elliot

1.3.  Mike Evans

1.4.  David Johnson

1.5.  LeVeon Bell

1.6.  Antonio Brown

1.7.  Julio Jones

1.8.  Amari Cooper

1.9.  AJ Green

1.10.  (Tie) Deandre Hopkins

& Rookie Pick 1.1

1.12.  Todd Gurley

Round 2

2.1 Rookie Pick 1.2

2.2 Allen Robinson

2.3  Sammy Watkins

2.4 TY Hilton

2.5 Michael Thomas

2.6 Rob Gronkowski

2.7 Dez Bryant

2.8 Devonta Freeman

2.9  Brandin Cooks

2.10 Jordan Howard

2.11 Melvin Gordon

2.12 Keenan Allen

3.1 Andrew Luck

3.2 Alshon Jeffrey

3.3 Aaron Rodgers

3.4 Rookie Pick 1.3

3.5 Jarvis Landry

3.6 Rookie Pick 1.4

3.7 Travis Kelce

3.8 Jay Ajayi

3.9 Carlos Hyde

3.10 (Tie) Davante Adams

Jordan Reed

Last edited by a moderator:
Vote to add Devante Parker or Sterling Shepard? As we get past a few more of these next 1-2 off the board I think the talent at WR becomes more muddied. I'd put both of them next to Baldwin and Moncrief

The Shepherd nominations are very surprising to me. I will 2nd the Parker nomination though.

The Shepherd nominations are very surprising to me. I will 2nd the Parker nomination though.
Before the Marshall signing I'd say he had great upside. Since Marshall is old I don't think he will affect Shepherd's value much long term. He's very good. I'd put him on the same level as Moncrief and Baldwin for dynasty

We're discussing Henry, who is a backup and unknown but Shepherd has done really well and has a 33 year old journeyman in front of him and he's not in the conversation? Guess I'm confused. What other WR would you put ahead of Shepherd once the ones currently on the list are gone? 

Obviously this is pre-free agency but Mike Clay would disagree

http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/15698900/mike-clay-top-200-dynasty-fantasy-football-rankings-nfl

Before the Marshall signing I'd say he had great upside. Since Marshall is old I don't think he will affect Shepherd's value much long term. He's very good. I'd put him on the same level as Moncrief and Baldwin for dynasty

We're discussing Henry, who is a backup and unknown but Shepherd has done really well and has a 33 year old journeyman in front of him and he's not in the conversation? Guess I'm confused. What other WR would you put ahead of Shepherd once the ones currently on the list are gone? 

Obviously this is pre-free agency but Mike Clay would disagree

http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/15698900/mike-clay-top-200-dynasty-fantasy-football-rankings-nfl

Before the Marshall signing, I would say he had a great situation, which gave him great upside. His rookie season wasn't super impressive when you consider he was getting 105 targets across from OBJ, and he had a really high number of TDs relative to his yards. If you think the 8 TDs was indicative of his red zone skill and will continue, you are probably less worried about Marshall signing. But if you think he got 8 TDs because he just didn't demand much defensive attention in the red zone on a good team, then his rookie season looks a lot like Robby Anderson's. Marshall still looked pretty good last season, so I don't think Shepherd has much chance to be the 2nd guy again this season. Drafting him this high seems like just hoping that the Giants don't add another WR in the next 2 years so that Shepherd can get his golden situation back when Marshall leaves. 

Henry is getting love because if he gets his projected role, he will be a massive difference maker, whereas Shepherd is the same risk with not nearly the payout at this point. At WR, I would take guys like Michael Crabtree, Will Fuller, Willie Snead, Jamison Crowder, Tyrell Williams, Cam Meredith, Tyreek Hill, Josh Doctson and Terrelle Pryor over him, and the next 8 or so draft picks. 

That is my opinion on the situation, which is why I was surprised he had 2 nominations. It wasn't meant as a "you guys are idiots for suggesting Shepherd" thing.

Henry for me. Too much upside to pass at this point in the draft. Vote to add... no idea. Very muddled at this point. Let's say Latavius Murray. I think he might be undervalued right now.

Before the Marshall signing, I would say he had a great situation, which gave him great upside. His rookie season wasn't super impressive when you consider he was getting 105 targets across from OBJ, and he had a really high number of TDs relative to his yards. If you think the 8 TDs was indicative of his red zone skill and will continue, you are probably less worried about Marshall signing. But if you think he got 8 TDs because he just didn't demand much defensive attention in the red zone on a good team, then his rookie season looks a lot like Robby Anderson's. Marshall still looked pretty good last season, so I don't think Shepherd has much chance to be the 2nd guy again this season. Drafting him this high seems like just hoping that the Giants don't add another WR in the next 2 years so that Shepherd can get his golden situation back when Marshall leaves. 

Henry is getting love because if he gets his projected role, he will be a massive difference maker, whereas Shepherd is the same risk with not nearly the payout at this point. At WR, I would take guys like Michael Crabtree, Will Fuller, Willie Snead, Jamison Crowder, Tyrell Williams, Cam Meredith, Tyreek Hill, Josh Doctson and Terrelle Pryor over him, and the next 8 or so draft picks. 

That is my opinion on the situation, which is why I was surprised he had 2 nominations. It wasn't meant as a "you guys are idiots for suggesting Shepherd" thing.
I didn't take it as such. appreciate the feedback. I hold the opinion that Marshall won't amount to much this season or next. 

also I don't know what OBJs contract situation is but since he's a well known diva it's not completely crazy to suggest he, at some point, tests out the FA market to get top dollar if NY isn't willing to make him the highest paid wr at some point. 

Pretty strange that my dynasty team has a whole bunch of guys in this range - Davante Adams, Reed, Hyde, D. Thomas, Jordy, and D. Henry. And I won the championship last year.

I know no one cares about my team, but it's just a little strange to see.

I agree, let's get Shepard up here too. Marshall turns 33 in a couple weeks, did we forget Andre's cliff? 

Pretty strange that my dynasty team has a whole bunch of guys in this range - Davante Adams, Reed, Hyde, D. Thomas, Jordy, and D. Henry. And I won the championship last year.

I know no one cares about my team, but it's just a little strange to see.
We are still in the third round so you should only have three or four of those guys and you have six.  No surprise you did well.  

Users who are viewing this thread