What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

POLL CLOSED Player #3 Community Dynasty Rankings (1 Viewer)

1. Who would you rank third in a 12 team dynasty league, QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/K/DEF PPR with standar

• Mike Evans

Votes: 27 46.6%
  • David Johnson

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Leveon Bell

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Antonio Brown

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Todd Gurley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AJ Green

• Julio Jones

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • TY Hilton

• Amari Cooper

• Other (put name in reply so I can add it)

• Total voters
With Beckham and Elliot winning the previous two polls it seems that two other players are the favorites for pick 3 Some would argue for Johnson or Evans first overall.

Points per game numbers for both players:

David Johnson 19.3

Mike Evans 16.5

In terms of VBD numbers

David Johnson 152

Mike Evans 64.3

Seems like a pretty clear advantage for David Johnson to me.

With Beckham and Elliot winning the previous two polls it seems that two other players are the favorites for pick 3 Some would argue for Johnson or Evans first overall.

David Johnson 19.3

Mike Evans 16.5

In terms of VBD numbers

David Johnson 152

Mike Evans 64.3

Looking backwards, yep. 

But then we get into the rb vs wr argument which is really just preference.

I'll vote Evans just because I'm more confident in his long term, like 5+years, success. 

David Johnson 19.3

Mike Evans 16.5

In terms of VBD numbers

David Johnson 152

Mike Evans 64.3

Age and longevity has to factor into it. Johnson is 26 during the upcoming season. I think he'll continue for a few more years but damn that value is gonna tank in the next two seasons. Try getting anything for Lesean.

Looking backwards, yep. 

But then we get into the rb vs wr argument which is really just preference.

I'll vote Evans just because I'm more confident in his long term, like 5+years, success. 
Evans is still very young and seems likely he will be relevant for a decade. So if that is the reasoning I can understand it. I just see too much advantage coming from Johnson in the short term (next two seasons) to worry about their relative values in 2019 and beyond.

I am usually pushing for more win now approaches to dynasty though.

Age and longevity has to factor into it. Johnson is 26 during the upcoming season. I think he'll continue for a few more years but damn that value is gonna tank in the next two seasons. Try getting anything for Lesean.
David Johnson turned 25 years old on Dec 16 2016. He will not be 26 years old until mid December of 2017. But we talked about this before, and I like your answer that is depends on what side of the argument (or trade) you are on as far as how old you consider him.

Still does not change the fact that Johnson will be 25 years old for the majority of the 2017 season.

David Johnson turned 25 years old on Dec 16 2016. He will not be 26 years old until mid December of 2017. But we talked about this before, and I like your answer that is depends on what side of the argument (or trade) you are on as far as how old you consider him.

Still does not change the fact that Johnson will be 25 years old for the majority of the 2017 season.
Dont care about now. Football isnt being played until Sept. when the season stars he'll be 25 and 9 months, 26 before the season ends. To me thats 26 but people see it the way they want. Im treating this like a start up. In a start up i dont want to invest that much in a back that old cause im never going to get that value back again.

Dont care about now. Football isnt being played until Sept. when the season stars he'll be 25 and 9 months, 26 before the season ends. To me thats 26 but people see it the way they want. Im treating this like a start up. In a start up i dont want to invest that much in a back that old cause im never going to get that value back again.
there aren't too many backs under 25 who have a history of production.  You're pretty much saying you'll avoid backs.  Which is fine but it just seems odd to call a 25yo "old". Unless she's an Olympic gymnast of course. 

there aren't too many backs under 25 who have a history of production.  You're pretty much saying you'll avoid backs.  Which is fine but it just seems odd to call a 25yo "old". Unless she's an Olympic gymnast of course. 
I'll avoid backs that old in a start up who are going for top 3 overall value.

For long term value Mike Evans is a much safer pick.

The short term advantage in terms of VBD makes Johnson worth twice as much as Evans in 2017 and likely 2018 as well, even if Evans stays on top of the WR heap.

A couple tendencies of historical production at the RB position shows that their most productive years are their first six seasons in he league, and on average the rookie season is the worst of those six seasons.

There is also a decline that occurs (on average) with RB af age 26 or 27. Which is why the issue of how old one considers David Johnson to be is significant.

With Elliot who will be 22 years old to start the 2017 season has four seasons before he would be reaching 26 years old and owners get concerned about exit value.

Users who are viewing this thread