What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (2 Viewers)

Insein

Footballguy
2017 has begun and unfortunately we will not be playing a meaningful game again until September. However, we all know the offseason is almost as exciting as the season itself here in the city of smotherly love.

Let the feeding frenzy begin on all the wacky offseason moves we can, will, should, won't and possibly make. 

Last edited by a moderator:
On the plus side, the Eagles are a young, up and coming team who have hit paydirt in finding their franchise quarterback. 

On the negative, the entire division is young and getting better. The Cowboys are going to be good for years to come.  Eagles are miles behind Dallas at running back, receiver, and o-line. Despite that, we should have beaten them twice this year. I'm excited about the future, especially if Howie can have another offseason like the last.  

What do you Eagle fans think of Carson Wentz now that the year is complete? If you were ranking QBs for dynasty, where would you rank him?

On the plus side, the Eagles are a young, up and coming team who have hit paydirt in finding their franchise quarterback. 

On the negative, the entire division is young and getting better. The Cowboys are going to be good for years to come.  Eagles are miles behind Dallas at running back, receiver, and o-line. Despite that, we should have beaten them twice this year. I'm excited about the future, especially if Howie can have another offseason like the last.  
I don't get the love the Giants and Redskins are getting for the future.  How many more years does Manning have left and what is their answer after him?  And so far the Redskins aren't even sure if Cousins is going to be their QB or not.  It's still a QB driven league, and either you have one or you don't.

What do you Eagle fans think of Carson Wentz now that the year is complete? If you were ranking QBs for dynasty, where would you rank him?
I'm not a dynasty expert but I would think he has to be same tier as Winston and Mariota right now. Needs more weapons but he had a positive TD-Int ratio, completed 62% of his passes and threw for 3700 yards. That's without a premier WR or RB. Can't wait to see what he'll do with a full offseason.

I don't get the love the Giants and Redskins are getting for the future.  How many more years does Manning have left and what is their answer after him?  And so far the Redskins aren't even sure if Cousins is going to be their QB or not.  It's still a QB driven league, and either you have one or you don't.
Redskins had our number this year but yea the things they do don't worry me too much. I wouldn't be surprised if Giants made a Super Bowl run this year because that defense is playing well. But they are all bought and paid for veterans. They will only have about 2-3 years before they're done. 

Cowboys are built for the long haul. They are going to be our biggest rivals for the next 5-7 years.

I'm not so sure the Cowboys have a long haul in front of them. I'm not sure Dez will be on that team for the next 4-5 years, and that OL is getting little older. They certainly hit the gold mine this year, but we saw in the first Eagles-Cowboys game and the Cowboys-Giants game that if you get pressure on Dak he isn't the best young QB in the league. Of course you expect all of that to improve, but I think they have the 3rd best WR/TE group in the division in regards to the next 4-5 years. And I would have to look at the specifics with their OL, but the way the Eagles and Giants have manhandled them the past 2 years, with them also having a relatively healthy OL, I don't think they are the world beaters everyone makes them out to be,

Certainly will be a fun next 5-7 years as these young QBs grow, but i'm not convinced we are that far behind at all

I have no horse in this race but the poster above is really reaching. The Dallas Cowboys are that far ahead of you and that is without Jaylon Smith playing a down. They will address the WR position this offseason and look out. The division runs through Dallas. Anyone without rose colored glasses can see that. 

I think for sure his ceiling is about as high as anyone, but there will still be another year of some growing pains, I think.  He has mechanical issues to work on.  But he  has crazy poise and mental processing ability so it is hard to imagine him not progressing.

I have no horse in this race but the poster above is really reaching. The Dallas Cowboys are that far ahead of you and that is without Jaylon Smith playing a down. They will address the WR position this offseason and look out. The division runs through Dallas. Anyone without rose colored glasses can see that. 
They are stacked for sure and clearly the favorite but things can change quickly. See Dallas 2015 and Dallas 2016. Will be interesting to see how Prescott plays in the playoffs. 

2017 has begun and unfortunately we will not be playing a meaningful game again until September. However, we all know the offseason is almost as exciting as the season itself here in the city of smotherly love.

Let the feeding frenzy begin on all the wacky offseason moves we can, will, should, won't and possibly make. 
Love the thread title and introduction here had me LOL

Best team thread on the Forearm. Not even close. Optimism abounds lads!

So....as NFL fans who're we pulling for? KC and whoever plays Dallas?
I'm GB and KC. Would've been Oak as I like a lot of their guys but with Carr gone I don't see the hope and I'd feel dirty rooting for a PSU guy in McGloin yuck!

For those interested in looking at some top CB prospects Iowa vs Florida on ABC right now in the Outback Bowl. Iowa has Desmond King who's been mocked a few times to us and UF has Quincy Wilson and Jalen Tez Tabor. All 3 guys big play ability.

I am Anyone But Dallas. I would rather Brady or Eli get yet another ring than the Cowgirls get one.
I don't want Dal to win and I hate NE. That whole Spygate and other stuff leaves a bad taste in my mouth plus my Cousin works at Lockheed Martin in Mass and lived 5 minutes from the Stadium. Said the fans are unbearable up there. My boss is a Giants fan and I would never hear the end of it. I'd rather see anyone but those two teams win. 

I don't want Dal to win and I hate NE. That whole Spygate and other stuff leaves a bad taste in my mouth plus my Cousin works at Lockheed Martin in Mass and lived 5 minutes from the Stadium. Said the fans are unbearable up there. My boss is a Giants fan and I would never hear the end of it. I'd rather see anyone but those two teams win. 
That's where I'm at as far as anyone but NE and Cowgirls. 

That's where I'm at as far as anyone but NE and Cowgirls. 
Yeah I've already had to hear it from the Boss who beat Dal and after that First Eagles loss to the Giants. Was pretty quite after we beat them. I'm by no means a conspiracy theorist but I think Goodell has let NE off easy on their shenanigans all because he and Kraft are friends. I also use to feel bad for Bos fans before all this Championship success in their town and hated NY people more but after the success in Bos I can't stand most of them. I can talk to anyone of any fanbase in any city about a sport but Bos fans these days act like they are the best town ever for titles and if I remember correctly until Tom Brady and BB got to town Bos didn't give a dam about the Pats like they did their BoSox or I'd even say Celtics or Bruins. I could have a full fledged convo with a NYG fan in no problem or Yankees fan. My Aunt's family is all Mets fans and I get along with them great. Jets fans either. I find the NY Fans a lot more knowledgeable and you can tell they've been fans forever. Talk to a Pats fan you can tell if they've been a fan a long time or not. As for Dal well there needs no explanation. Even my brothers Dog hates Dal.  

Yeah I've already had to hear it from the Boss who beat Dal and after that First Eagles loss to the Giants. Was pretty quite after we beat them. I'm by no means a conspiracy theorist but I think Goodell has let NE off easy on their shenanigans all because he and Kraft are friends. I also use to feel bad for Bos fans before all this Championship success in their town and hated NY people more but after the success in Bos I can't stand most of them. I can talk to anyone of any fanbase in any city about a sport but Bos fans these days act like they are the best town ever for titles and if I remember correctly until Tom Brady and BB got to town Bos didn't give a dam about the Pats like they did their BoSox or I'd even say Celtics or Bruins. I could have a full fledged convo with a NYG fan in no problem or Yankees fan. My Aunt's family is all Mets fans and I get along with them great. Jets fans either. I find the NY Fans a lot more knowledgeable and you can tell they've been fans forever. Talk to a Pats fan you can tell if they've been a fan a long time or not. As for Dal well there needs no explanation. Even my brothers Dog hates Dal.  
I agree with you 100%! Spot on!

Oh please. Dallas got decent QB play and a lights out RB star this year, that was the difference. They could just as well finish 3rd or 4th next year.

To be fair, they would have pounded us if they played their starters last week. 

Oh please. Dallas got decent QB play and a lights out RB star this year, that was the difference. They could just as well finish 3rd or 4th next year.
So you don't think they'll have decent QB play and a lights out RB star next year too?  Those 2 are there to stay, no reason to think they can just as well finish 3rd/4th next year unless those two go.

Best team thread on the Forearm. Not even close. Optimism abounds lads!

So....as NFL fans who're we pulling for? KC and whoever plays Dallas?
Definitely anyone who plays Dallas.  Dallas has a really tough road ahead of them.  I don't think Detroit has a shot vs Seattle, so Dallas' first game vs GB or NYG won't be easy.  I also really like Atlanta's chances at going into Dallas and winning that game.  Dallas "should" still make the superbowl but with the number of hurdles they have to face to get there, I could easily see them being outed.

I'd like to see KC do well, but if Dallas does make the super bowl, I really really hope new england is on the other side of that game

Definitely anyone who plays Dallas.  Dallas has a really tough road ahead of them.  I don't think Detroit has a shot vs Seattle, so Dallas' first game vs GB or NYG won't be easy.  I also really like Atlanta's chances at going into Dallas and winning that game.  Dallas "should" still make the superbowl but with the number of hurdles they have to face to get there, I could easily see them being outed.

I'd like to see KC do well, but if Dallas does make the super bowl, I really really hope new england is on the other side of that game
I would root for Dallas over NE but wouldn't feel good about it.  I hate NE more than any other professional sports team.  #### Boston 

I would root for Dallas over NE but wouldn't feel good about it.  I hate NE more than any other professional sports team.  #### Boston 
really looking forward to your inevitable game vs KC.  Might be the only good game in the AFC playoffs this year.

Let's all pull for PIT/SEA and hope we don't have to worry about it. I don't see Dallas getting there, rookies get exposed in the playoffs. 

Redskins had our number this year but yea the things they do don't worry me too much. I wouldn't be surprised if Giants made a Super Bowl run this year because that defense is playing well. But they are all bought and paid for veterans. They will only have about 2-3 years before they're done. 

Cowboys are built for the long haul. They are going to be our biggest rivals for the next 5-7 years.
Agree with this. Giants and Redskins should both be decent next year, but I don't see anything that suggests they'll be improving...a regression appears more likely...and neither looks set up for the longer haul. Dallas will be the main rival for the next 5 years

They are stacked for sure and clearly the favorite but things can change quickly. See Dallas 2015 and Dallas 2016. Will be interesting to see how Prescott plays in the playoffs. 
I actually think QB is one reason to hope that Dallas will fade and be very beatable the next few years. Dak has the look of a solid starter but not a ROgers/Brees/Manning/Brady type guy who can carry a squad. I think any of 20 (or more) NFL QBs could have had similar results in Dallas this year with that line and running game.

Agree with this. Giants and Redskins should both be decent next year, but I don't see anything that suggests they'll be improving...a regression appears more likely...and neither looks set up for the longer haul. Dallas will be the main rival for the next 5 years
Agree about the Redskins but why would the Giants regress?  I feel like their offense can only improve and their defense should still be very good next year.  This seems to be one of the better divisions in football for years to come

really looking forward to your inevitable game vs KC.  Might be the only good game in the AFC playoffs this year.
Yup this could be the year for Reid.  That defense is very good and could be the recipe to rattle Brady.  They have enough playmakers on offense as long as Smith doesn't make any mistakes.

Agree about the Redskins but why would the Giants regress?  I feel like their offense can only improve and their defense should still be very good next year.  This seems to be one of the better divisions in football for years to come

Eli Manning is one of the bigger reasons. Getting older, and has never been the most consistent guy even in his prime. They have some holes to fill as well.

THat said, if they hit on a young QB in the draft, their outlook could quickly flip from pessimistic to optimistic...easier said than done.

Eli Manning is one of the bigger reasons. Getting older, and has never been the most consistent guy even in his prime. They have some holes to fill as well.

THat said, if they hit on a young QB in the draft, their outlook could quickly flip from pessimistic to optimistic...easier said than done.
Yup makes sense.  My thinking is could Eli possibly do worse next year?  I guess anything is possible but I expect him to bounce back next year.  Defense isn't going anywhere next year.  I think they win the division.  

I actually think QB is one reason to hope that Dallas will fade and be very beatable the next few years. Dak has the look of a solid starter but not a ROgers/Brees/Manning/Brady type guy who can carry a squad. I think any of 20 (or more) NFL QBs could have had similar results in Dallas this year with that line and running game.
I agree with this....what Dak has done this season has been very impressive but I don't know it's so much him as much as the league is shell shocked at how great Elliott is with that O line. I think he gets exposed before the SB and let's see what he does next year after teams gameplan for an offseason. Great combo for sure but like you said not so much an elite QB as great circumstances I think.  

Dallas isnt winning a super bowl this year with Dak. My question is would they win with Romo?  I think the probability would be a lot higher.  But I understand that they have to go with Dak

ETA - A team like NE would make Dallas one dimensional and put the game in Dak's hand.  No way Dak could overcome what NE would do to Dallas's defense 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup makes sense.  My thinking is could Eli possibly do worse next year?  I guess anything is possible but I expect him to bounce back next year.  Defense isn't going anywhere next year.  I think they win the division.  
Think this division will be a monster next year, with any of Dallas/NY/Philly taking it. I'd project the Redskins at the bottom, but they are no joke either. The fourth place team next year will probably win 7 or 8 games much like this year. THinking more along the lines of 2, 3 years out and feel like Dallas and Philly are better aligned longer term

Think this division will be a monster next year, with any of Dallas/NY/Philly taking it. I'd project the Redskins at the bottom, but they are no joke either. The fourth place team next year will probably win 7 or 8 games much like this year. THinking more along the lines of 2, 3 years out and feel like Dallas and Philly are better aligned longer term
I don't see how anyone can really say that we are in the hunt with Dallas next year.  They would have won 14 games this year  if they tried against us.  There's almost no reason to see any regression... but even if you somehow see them getting worse, they are a lock for 11 or 12 wins next year.  Can we go from 7 to 12 wins next year?  I highly doubt that.

I optimistically see next years approximate win totals as:

Dallas 11 or 12
Philly 9 or 10
NYG 9
Wash 7

I don't see how anyone can really say that we are in the hunt with Dallas next year.  They would have won 14 games this year  if they tried against us.  There's almost no reason to see any regression... but even if you somehow see them getting worse, they are a lock for 11 or 12 wins next year.  Can we go from 7 to 12 wins next year?  I highly doubt that.

Dallas 11 or 12
Philly 9 or 10
NYG 9
Wash 7
Dallas went from 4 to 13 wins this year, can't really predict it that way. Will be much more interesting next year for sure though. 

Or he could be the next Russell Wilson. Guess we'll find out.

Dallas 11 or 12
Philly 9 or 10
NYG 9
Wash 7
We lost how many one score games? Faced how many teams in a row coming off of a bye? LOst how many of those to 10 win playoff teams? Philly played Dallas very tough in the first matchup, and had a chance to win. Assuming we would have been blown out yesterday is silliness. Zeke out helped, but that line played. Dak sat down early, but even a rusty Romo isn't much of a downgrade, if any. And the Eagles played short-handed as well.

The Eagles are a heck of a lot closer than you're giving them credit for here. Also not being mentioned is that Howie has already locked up virtually EVERY SINGLE player of significance...we aren't losing much, if anything. There's a reason the Eagles are short on cap space...but unlike most teams in that situation, it's actually a damn GOOD reason.

If Wentz corrects the mechanical issues in the off-season, and we have no reason to believe he can't/won't, there's no reason why this Eagles team can't compete for the division as soon as next year. Dallas will be the favorite for sure, but the Eagles will be more than good enough to make them work hard for it.

Its ok Cornelius Ingram didn't play a down for the Eagles this year either. 

But really, a team that finished 4-12 a year ago is that far ahead longer term?  In the age of injuries and salary caps, there aren't a ton of teams that are that far ahead of anyone.  I think the Cowboys are a better team but windows come and go quickly.

Elliot has 884 carries over the past 3-years.  In order to keep that o-line going to have to shell out big bucks.  Every team is going to address the WR position this year.  Who are the Cowboys going to get?  Kendall Wright?

Defense was a welcome surprise but see how long they can keep it together.  

Add in the potential for injuries and who knows.  So Cowboys regress a bit and Eagles improve and where does that get us?  Eagles finished 7-9 (6-9 if you want to discount yesterday's game) and were up 10 points when they first played the Cowboys.  They will also improve and honestly, they have a ton of room to improve so imagine the Eagles w/ average CB and WR play.  

Insein said:
Or he could be the next Russell Wilson. Guess we'll find out.
That is really the key.  Dak hasn't really been forced to win games for Dallas.  And I don't mean leading a game winning drive.  Dallas was 30th in passing attempts per game.  Seattle was dead last in 2012-14 before moving up to 27th in 2015 and 19th this year and we've seen how that has gone.  Now I know there are a lot of things at play in Seattles numbers and Dallas has the best line and Zeke so it makes sense.  

But at some point in this passing league, Dak will be relied upon more.  Luckily he'll be eased into it and he is on a very team friendly contract much like Wilson but time will tell. 

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Dax is nothing more then a Poor mans Donovan McNabb. He's McNabb with weapons but I think McNabb was a more talented overall QB when it comes to athleticism. Give McNabb that Oline, Dez, Witten and Zeke and he'd put up similar if not better overall numbers. Dax also failed to show up in huge games in College. He was advertised as the next Tebow of the SEC and came up short in terms of numbers and performance and coming up strong in big games. 

fred_1_15301 said:
Eli isn't getting any younger and yes he's been healthy all his career but they still have no plan for when he leaves and he'll regress. Their offense is questionable at best unless they decide to go to the run more with perkins and Others. Giants do this once every few yrs. Get hot at the right time despite playing terrible first month or so of the year. All their defense is hired guns at least the playmakers and they have a few like DRC in contract year now. Was still doesn't know about bringing Cousins back and you never know with Washington. They got a lot of Key players heading to FA this offseason including both their top WRs and their 3rd down back in Thompson

georg013 said:
You were some bad coaching by Pedersen from being 0-2 against Philly this year. We all know Cowboy fans are arrogant blowhards, but teams 'far ahead', usually can show that in head to head meetings. 

You were some bad coaching by Pedersen from being 0-2 against Philly this year. We all know Cowboy fans are arrogant blowhards, but teams 'far ahead', usually can show that in head to head meetings. 
I'll tell you one thing. If Garrett coaches the way he did in the last NYG game Dal is playing on the golf coarse after one playoff game. 

Users who are viewing this thread