What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Your Family Thanksgiving Meltdowns HERE!!!! (1 Viewer)

4-year old was up at 6am.  Screaming bloody murder at 6:15 when I told him to go back to bed.

5-year old up at 7am, both kids already effing with all of the Christmas decorations we starting putting up last night.

By 7:30 the 4-year old messin' with the dog's ears so bad that she shakes her head all over the place, knocks over cup of juice on the coffee table.

I may start drinking as soon as MIN/DET kicks.  Meltdown imminent, especially if my fantasy teams start crapping the bed from the get-go.

Happy Turkey Day  :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Been up since 6 cleaning and getting good some stuff ready.

Wife turns into a nazi when people are coming over. I should stop egging her with stuff or I'm gonna get beat with a turkey baster before anyone shows up

I remember like 40 years ago going to my aunt and uncle's and all the adults had WAYYYY too much to drink. My male cousins and their friends started insulting each other's WAG's in pretty crass terms. A melee broke out, people were arrested, and there were even folks taken away by ambulance and hospitalized. Good times. 

Meltdown brewing. My mom is driving from 90 miles away to her sisters house. I live very close to her sisters (my aunt). 

My brother called me (he's riding with her). Mom spilled coffee all over herself in the car. Wants to turn around and go home (cold coffee - no burns just embarrassed by dirty clothes) . But, she brought the potato dish so she can't. They are stopping by my house (no clue WTF I can do about this) and gonna drag my family down. FML. 

I remember like 40 years ago going to my aunt and uncle's and all the adults had WAYYYY too much to drink. My male cousins and their friends started insulting each other's WAG's in pretty crass terms. A melee broke out, people were arrested, and there were even folks taken away by ambulance and hospitalized. Good times. 
WAG?  Who was arrested?  Your cousins and their friends or adults?

I honestly hope for all of you that there aren't any meltdowns. It's supposed to be a day of reflection and humility to give thanks for all the gifts we enjoy. We as Americans, truly are blessed. May you have a peaceful and giving day.

WAG?  Who was arrested?  Your cousins and their friends or adults?
Wives and girlfriends. My cousins and some of their friends all got into a fight. Those that were left standing were carted away in handcuffs. IIRC, one of them got hit in the face with a bottle and needed 80 or 100 stitches to see him back up. A couple of them ended up doing time. 

In addition to the sexual slurs and innuendos, there was a card game going on and people were accused of cheating and when the money and chips went flying, there was more arguing and fighting over whose money was whose. 

Probably not a good idea to have hot headed people drinking hard liquor for 12 hours straight. Add that in with people that all dated each other at one point or another and you have the making of a volatile situation. 

My family and my parents are not getting together this Thanksgiving, probably the first time in a long time or maybe ever.  Crises averted.  I'm pretty sure the meltdown would have started about 5 minutes into the meal.

I ate about a pound of Salami already.  My kids are fighting a little, but all things considered it's been ok.  

There is a dark cloud hanging over our Thanksgiving and everyone is sad.  It feels like an after funeral get together more then anything.  The weather is dark and overcast which isn't helping.  Depression is setting in.  At least there are no Republicans invited to push us over the edge.

Last year my Dad punched his Brother-in-law in the mouth over something that happened over 20 years ago.  One of my sisters punched another sister in the side of the head over making her child finish his drink.   Oh, and apparently one of my cousins is sleeping with a lady from church.  Always some sort of little skirmish going on at the Thanksgiving festivities. My family makes the 400 mile drive to watch this, but this year we are staying home and I will watch the fall from  facebook timelines.  Good times, good ####### times!  

I ate about a pound of Salami already.  My kids are fighting a little, but all things considered it's been ok.  

There is a dark cloud hanging over our Thanksgiving and everyone is sad.  It feels like an after funeral get together more then anything.  The weather is dark and overcast which isn't helping.  Depression is setting in.  At least there are no Republicans invited to push us over the edge.
:mellow:

My 4 year old daughter called My 8 year old son a d.ckhead after he took away her chocolate milk. Pretty sure she doesn't know what the word means but a ####storm in the form of my wife is going medieval on my sons. Trying to figure out who taught her that. Oh, and we are making creamed corn. Creamed ####### corn. 

My racist family is all getting together again.  Except the San Francisco liberal cousin (youngest male of the cousins) is finally getting married this weekend (to a woman, to everyone's surprise) as well, so Thanksgiving consists of:

1. Me, wife

2. My dad/stepmom

3. Stepmom's family which is even more racist than she is

4. Dad's family which is slightly less racist but uses the n word in casual conversation

5. Cousin who is super liberal

6. Cousin's fiancée no one has met before

7. Fiancee's family

8. Cousin and fiancée's friends from San Francisco

I'm sure everything will be fine. Oh, and fiancée and her family are black.

My racist family is all getting together again.  Except the San Francisco liberal cousin (youngest male of the cousins) is finally getting married this weekend (to a woman, to everyone's surprise) as well, so Thanksgiving consists of:

1. Me, wife

2. My dad/stepmom

4. Dad's family which is slightly less racist but uses the n word in casual conversation

7. Fiancee's family

We're going to need the TurkeyCam on this one.

Last year my brother got an erection at the dinner table then started masturbating in front of our entire family - at the dinner table.  Needless to say he won't be drinking again this year. 

We're going to need the TurkeyCam on this one.
Dad's family all apparently agreed on a term to use other than the n word.  All have been referring to "the blacks" so far, I think to not offend anyone.  Cousin/fiancée/her family/stepmom's family have not arrived. 

Uncomfortable discussions overheard so far:

1. Race-based casting decisions in Hamilton;

2. "What do you all think of Black Lives Matter?"

3. "He was living in San Francisco,  single, over 40, and we'd never met her.  We're just glad she isn't a man.  I thought maybe I was going to a gay marriage this weekend." (Continuing conversation included the speaker indicating he had brought an athletic supporter in the car so no one would grope him)

4. (Friend to groom): "Are you sure you're related to these people?"

1. Me, wife

2. My dad/stepmom

7. Fiancee's family

I feel for you, we had to deal like 4 or 5 years ago. 

My husband's cousin, we will call him Jim, just moved back to Michigan from Arizona in March and is living with us until he saves enough money to move out. Jim is a white guy and has always dated black women during his adult life. So he starts dating and meets a girl he really likes in June. Anyways he brings her to meet his parents, his aunt and uncle (my husband's parents), that Thanksgiving for the 1st time. Jim and his brother start fighting before dinner because Jim's brother made a comment about his "colored girlfriend", Jim and his dad start fighting shortly after because Jim is the older and bigger brother and beat his brother up pretty badly.  Finally after that calmed down, Jim's mother took a swing at the new girlfriend. At this time children are being taken outside to the cars to keep safe. The new girlfriend, who has actually stayed calm through this whole ordeal finally snapped and grabbed a glass and threw it at Jim' s mother and barely missed her head and then turns to her boyfriend and starts slapping him and cussing at him while yelling at him for not telling her about his racist family. 

We haven't all been together for Thanksgiving since and Jim and this girl got married. 

Uncomfortable discussions overheard so far:

1. Race-based casting decisions in Hamilton;

2. "What do you all think of Black Lives Matter?"

3. "He was living in San Francisco,  single, over 40, and we'd never met her.  We're just glad she isn't a man.  I thought maybe I was going to a gay marriage this weekend." (Continuing conversation included the speaker indicating he had brought an athletic supporter in the car so no one would grope him)

4. (Friend to groom): "Are you sure you're related to these people?"
:lol:  

Stepmom's family is uncomfortably refusing to acknowledge that cousin's fiancée and family are a different race or that it weirds them out.
What should they say?

Hi. Nice to meet you. Heard so much about you but not that you are sooooo black.

What should they say?

Hi. Nice to meet you. Heard so much about you but not that you are sooooo black.
"So, tell me about (cousin's) fiancée! Which person is she?"

"Well, she's about 5'5", dark hair, brown eyes, standing next to (cousin)"

"The black woman?"

"Oh, I guess..."

Quote of the night so far: "seems like you gotta be colored to play sports anymore, unless you want to be a quarterback."

Users who are viewing this thread