What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE: Rudolph vs Gates. Leave your link. Thanks! (1 Viewer)

CaptainJT

Footballguy
0.5 PPR and have Kyle Rudolph and wondering if I should pick up Antonio Gates - for this week and rest of season. (I am a lock for playoffs but this week winner gets bye, loser will play 1st round).

Kyle Rudolph has had a couple tough weeks but has a great matchup vs Detroit - but the game is a Thursday...

Antonio Gates has a tough matchup this week but has a great playoff run and has been consistant (he has Hunter Henry getting healthy though).

So 2 questions: 1) Who do you like this week Rudolph or Gates?

2) What do you think of Gates for rest of season with Hunter Henry?  Will he be better than Rudolph?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll start off by saying I am a Viking homer, but Rudolph should have a good game against Det then a rough game vs Dal.  

Do you get a better playoff run than Jags, Colts Packers?

Gate and Henry? could be one could be the other or they could share catches.

Chargers will make an effort to get TD's for Gates especially if they end up out of the playoffs at some point.  Vikings offense is just a mess.  I'd lean to Gates ROS.  

Thanksgiving games are highly unpredictable - Rudolph could get anything from 3 TDs to a goose egg.  So this week I'd say Gates has higher floor, Rudolph has higher ceiling.

Thanks for answering mine.

Thanks for your help...

I agree that Rudolph is a better play this week. I like his matchup and he's got a higher ceiling. 

ROS it's close, but Gates is closing in on that TD mark and I think they try hard to get that for him. With the TE position being so unpredictable this season, if you can pick up Gates I definitely would. At the very least you're playing keep away from other owners.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread