What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: AJ Green - Wise Trade or Knee Jerk Reaction (1 Viewer)

BearsFan4Life

Footballguy
14 Team Dynasty - no PPR - Standard Scoring (start 1qb, 5 flex (max 3 rb), 1k, 1d/st - if you start 2 or 3 rb/must start te)

Here are the 2 trades offered to me from a non playoff contender.  He will not trade Hilton and his other WR are Benjamin, Matthews (PHI), Allen, Coleman, Hurns

Give: AJ Green and 2 2017 2nd Round Picks (both middle round picks)

Get: Kelvin Benjamin and 1 2017 1st Round Pick (top 6)

or

Give: AJ Green and 2 2017 2nd Round Picks (both middle round picks)

Get: Kelvin Benjamin and Keenan Allen

My Roster (starter in bold after Green injury):

Ben, Stafford

Bell, LMiller, Rawls, Charles, Hightower, Crowell, Thompson, Bibbs, Deangelo

Green, Dez

Reed, Pitta, Doyle

Tucker, Prater (keeping dome kicker for playoff run in case of weather)

Denver

I have clinched a 1st Round bye. I am RB heavy and will start 3 RB each week now that Rawls is back, but I am nervous with Dez as my only WR. I am at a loss on what to do with AJ Green.  Do I deal him now? Do I hold him for his return next year.  I really like the first deal and getting the #1 of the team along with Kelvin.

Thoughts?!?

You have a very good team.  That being said, the AJ Green injury changes things for the rest of his year.  Who are your other WRs? 

Depending on who you think you can get with the Top 6 pick next year, you may want to consider the second offer and take Benjamin for the rest of this year and knowing you should have a healthy Keenan Allen next year.

You have a very good team.  That being said, the AJ Green injury changes things for the rest of his year.  Who are your other WRs? 

Depending on who you think you can get with the Top 6 pick next year, you may want to consider the second offer and take Benjamin for the rest of this year and knowing you should have a healthy Keenan Allen next year.
I only have Dez. Pretty much start 3 rb while Dez was out.  Quizz Rodgers filled in nicely and now it will be Bell, Miller, and Rawls

I like the 2nd offer much better.  It gets you help for this year in Benjamin but also gives you a WR1 for next year that is a known quantity.  I am not a huge draft pick guy so that is why I prefer the second offer much better. 

If you can keep him and still get Benjamin I'd do that. Green should be a dominant receiver for years to come. if you absolutely have to I like the second deal better as well.

Thanks for the help with mine.

If you've clinched a first round bye, then you should be shooting for the title.  I'd be shocked if Green is out for less than 3 weeks, so I guess it's possible he's back in Week 15, but presumably will not be 100% even if he does play then.  I also expect the Bengals to lose, lose, lose with Green and Bernard off the field - so why rush him back late in the season and risk further damaging your top player?

Do you have keepers in your league?  If not, then Keenan Allen is not likely to be a first round pick next year, so I'd prefer taking the first rounder.  In my league I got David Johnson at 7 and Ezekiel Elliott went 8 this year.  And if you love Keenan Allen that much you can still draft him in the first round with that pick.  But if you do have several keepers, that pick is much less valuable, so maybe Keenan Allen is the way to go.

Thanks for answering mine.

If you've clinched a first round bye, then you should be shooting for the title.  I'd be shocked if Green is out for less than 3 weeks, so I guess it's possible he's back in Week 15, but presumably will not be 100% even if he does play then.  I also expect the Bengals to lose, lose, lose with Green and Bernard off the field - so why rush him back late in the season and risk further damaging your top player?

Do you have keepers in your league?  If not, then Keenan Allen is not likely to be a first round pick next year, so I'd prefer taking the first rounder.  In my league I got David Johnson at 7 and Ezekiel Elliott went 8 this year.  And if you love Keenan Allen that much you can still draft him in the first round with that pick.  But if you do have several keepers, that pick is much less valuable, so maybe Keenan Allen is the way to go.

Thanks for answering mine.
It is a dynasty league..we keep entire roster...23rd year of league

I was able to deal a late 1st round pick for Kelvin Benjamin and keep AJ Green.  I now have insurance for Dez if he gets hurt, but will see how far this lineup will take me:

Ben, Bell, Miller, Rawls, Dez, Reed, Tucker, Denver 

AJ Green, Benjamin, Hightower all on bench just in case

Thanks all for your responses and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
In that case I'd say a first round pick is probably not that valuable - mostly rookies I would assume going in the first round, although if you got Elliott or Dak in the draft you'd be feeling pretty good right now.  If this was PPR then I'd say grabbing Keenan Allen would be a slam dunk, but non-PPR not so sure.

How good do you think you are at evaluating rookie talent?

I like the trade you made better than the original two that you put up. Also a plus if AJ Green comes back early.

Thanks on mine.

In that case I'd say a first round pick is probably not that valuable - mostly rookies I would assume going in the first round, although if you got Elliott or Dak in the draft you'd be feeling pretty good right now.  If this was PPR then I'd say grabbing Keenan Allen would be a slam dunk, but non-PPR not so sure.

How good do you think you are at evaluating rookie talent?
I typically trade my picks during the year for proven talent. My team is pretty young so feel rookies aren't  as valuable to me as a rebuild. Bell, Miller, Rawls at rb with Green, Dez, and now Benjamin at WR with Reed at TE.  My only mistake was dealing Ajayi before season began.

Users who are viewing this thread