What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who to Drop? PPR League with Short Bench - WHIR (1 Viewer)

themeistersinger

Footballguy
Who to Drop?  PPR League with Short Bench - WHIR

So I need to pick up a kicker for this weekend (I don't have one on my roster at the moment).  I won't make a move until Sunday morning to see how the actives/inactives shape up.

My current choices would be to drop:
Martellus Bennett or 
Davante Adams or 
Mike Gillislee.

We only carry 14 active spots.  Here's my current team:
QB - Jameis Winston, Matthew Stafford (bit of a coin flip between these two for this week)
RB - Starters this week: David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Christine Michael, Bench - Mike Gillislee
WR - Starters this week: Brandon Marshall, Brandin Cooks, Bench - Alshon Jeffery, Stefon Diggs, Davante Adams
TE - Start this week: Kyle Rudolph, Bench - Martellus Bennett
D/ST - Patriots

So that's 2 QB's, 4 RB's, 5 WR's, 2 TE's and 1 D/ST

I also have Dion Lewis in the IR spot (no point in dropping him since he is no cost to me at the moment)

Martellus Bennett is on Bye for Week 9, and Tyler Eifert is still available on waivers who also has a Bye in week 9, so pretty good chance I could pick up one of them next week if need be and I drop Bennett on Sunday.

I had a similar choice a couple of weeks ago between Spencer Ware and Kyle Rudolph - I dropped Ware and now I regret it, so don't want to make a similar mistake with Gillislee if McCoy has an extended absence.  But I'm also more concerned about Reggie Bush than I was a week ago, so maybe Gillislee isn't even the best RB on the Bills to own.  And after Sunday's game against New England, they are on the road in Seattle and then on Bye, so probably not using him in a game before Week 11.  Unless he's Shady Jr. this Sunday.

Most teams carry 2 QB's even though we only start one, so that's one reason I'm reluctant to drop a QB.  Eli Manning is the best available at the moment on waivers.

BTW, Tevin Coleman just popped up on the waiver wire, probably because he is out this week with the hamstring, so also thinking about picking him up (which would mean dropping two of the three above).

Two kickers who are available are Cairo Santos and Mason Crosby so there are two good options there for this week.

Thanks!

If your record is 4-3 or better, I'd drop Stafford. Winston's schedule is mostly amazing, Stafford's has issues. If you don't need to win out, I'd drop the QB.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/750445-booker-just-made-things-hard-insert-dirty-joke-here/
I was thrilled to pick up Winston and dropped Eli for him, but I still like Stafford slightly better for most of the season.

In Lineup Dominator, the predictions suggest starting this guy in the weeks listed

Stafford - Start weeks 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Winston - Start weeks 10, 16

I'd drop Bennett or Adams.  Bennett will take a back seat to Gronk, although NE has proven to keep 2 TE viable I think his production will be unpredictable.  Adams performance last week seems like an outlier to me.

neverfox said:
Bennett if you think you can get him back.
I'm pretty sure that either Bennett or Eifert would be available at the start of Week 9 since they are both on Bye.  If I drop Bennett today he can't be picked up until Wednesday morning, and so far Eifert is not rostered and his game starts at 9:30 Eastern so I'll know if he's didn't get picked up.  I'd consider it a coin flip between Eifert and Bennett ROS at the moment.  I think Bennett would be more boom/bust but Eifert is heavily TD dependent (although it's obvious his absence was a gaping hole in the Bengals offense).  While Bennett is more of a filligree on an already potent offense.

Users who are viewing this thread