What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mid season trade help needed (Dynasty) (WHIR) (1 Viewer)

Breakable

Footballguy
10 team dynasty league, 1 point PPR.  4 keepers at the end of the season, just kept no draft pick cost.  My offseason keepers were Gurley, Hopkins, K. Allen, Watkins.  Currently 2-4, had a very rough start as Gurley and Hopkins have been struggling and Watkins/Allen were lost wk 1. Two playoffs spots in division (5 teams), one is locked up with a 6-0 team, next one is three teams at 3-3.  I have a shot to make the playoffs but consider one other team in the division to have much more talent, so I have to consider it's a low probability.  I have also already lost once to 6-0 team and 3-3 team w talent.

My team:

QB: Brees, Brady, Mariota

RB: Gurley, Gordon, Howard, Lacy, D. Booker  (I am waiver dropping Lacy tonight, so may get White or Ivory)

WR: D. Hopkins, John Brown, Davante Parker, S. Watkins, W. Fuller, Keenan (IR).  (Am waiver claiming Britt for Brown)

TE: Pitta, Z. Miller

K: J. Tucker

D: Cardinals

Brees and Brady have been carrying me recently but I think I need to unlock QB value and need a WR desperately.  

Would you go after a higher rated WR that might cost something like Gordon,Fuller&Brees (Cooper or A Rob/Hilton with a lesser piece coming back)?  I can probably get K. Benjamin, Cooks, or Jeffery for just Brees.  Or stay pat and try to plug WR holes with someone like Britt?  One of my current thoughts is the only way to possibly compete is to keep playing Brees/Brady going forward and hope for a big result, but that won't help me next year.  Brees also has some tough home matchups.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the idea of Brees for a WR.  Cooks or someone comparable that is keeper worthy next year.   Or ride the wave on Brady before he cools off....

and still pick up,a RB off waivers, although not sure who has more value ROS, probably White.   Is Rawls out there?

Is this a 2 QB league?  If not, there is no reason to have Brees and Brady.  Trade whichever one gets you the biggest return to help you out moving forward.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciated. Sorry normal league 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, D.  Brady wasn't drafted early due to suspension and I figured it paired pretty well with Brees.  Rawls is rostered.  Got Ajayi dropped Lacy, white was claimed before me.  Not expecting the same performance just a placeholder since Lacy will be out.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciated. Sorry normal league 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, D.  Brady wasn't drafted early due to suspension and I figured it paired pretty well with Brees.  Rawls is rostered.  Got Ajayi dropped Lacy, white was claimed before me.  Not expecting the same performance just a placeholder since Lacy will be out.
I understand how you could end up with Brees/Brady but at this point there is no reason to have both.  Shop both and see which brings in the best hall to improve your overall starting lineup.

Agree with Gally.  Shop Brady / Brees, see which nets the bigger haul and profit.  You need help in WR and RB, probably more WR than RB.  Try to get a top 10 guy, Brees and Brady are playing lights out.

Users who are viewing this thread