What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

C. Kessler in Dynasty - Need advice! (PPR/Best Ball) (1 Viewer)

jungchen

Footballguy
Hey guys,

In a deep 35+ roster spots, dynasty league, I could get C. Kessler to add to my roster. With one of my QB´s on a bye in a best ball format, I would still have 2 starting qb´s for Week 5. I kind of like that idea. I would have the same situation again in Week 8. The Browns play New England and the Jets in those weeks - both home games.

But what´s your take on the mid- to long term outlook of the Browns´QB-situation. How will they handle the rest of the ´16 season (with McCown eventually returning) and beyond (draft Watson/Kizer in ´17)? 

I appreciate all feedback!

Hey guys,

In a deep 35+ roster spots, dynasty league, I could get C. Kessler to add to my roster. With one of my QB´s on a bye in a best ball format, I would still have 2 starting qb´s for Week 5. I kind of like that idea. I would have the same situation again in Week 8. The Browns play New England and the Jets in those weeks - both home games.

But what´s your take on the mid- to long term outlook of the Browns´QB-situation. How will they handle the rest of the ´16 season (with McCown eventually returning) and beyond (draft Watson/Kizer in ´17)? 

I appreciate all feedback!
I think they draft a qb.  Haven't watched much Kessler but I don't think he's anything special

Depending on the scoring format and your other QBs, I probably wouldn't do it. He's going to have a 8 point floor to 15 point ceiling with Pryor vulturing situations.

Take into account that I haven't played a deep bench league. Hence, adding my expectations for floor and ceiling. 25 points = 1 yard, TD = 4 points.

They will draft somebody next year, as far as this year, you'll get a mixed bag between McCown and Kessler back and forth.

OK, thx guys!

My QB-situation in this 16-team league is pretty good (BigBen&Brees - currently QB2&QB3), so Kessler would really only be an insurance should Ben stink vs the Jets (or Brees in Week 8). He´ld also be a young insurance/possible future investment, should the Browns decide that Kessler is indeed their guy for the future. 

He´ld cost a 3rd&5th round pick, myself sitting pretty at 4-0, I thought this wasn´t that horrible a price, should he have any chance to be the Browns starter going forward.

You probably should have included the cost in your original post.  This really a minor trade because giving up a late 3rd and a late 5th really isn't that much.  I would consider this a fair offer.  If I wanted to add some QB potential with my deep roster I can't see a problem with paying that for Kessler who is a young guy getting some playing time at least for the present and who knows long term.

Users who are viewing this thread