What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Matt Jones value in Dynasty? (1 Viewer)

TheKillerBrees

Footballguy
8 team, long bench, Dynasty league, no PPR

I am hurting at RB right now after starting the season 3-0 ... I have Dion Lewis, Ryan Mathews and Langford all hurt (and of questionable startability even when back) I DO have D Johnson thank goodness and am starting T Coleman as RB2 ...

So far so good, but Coleman splits pretty much 50/50 with Freeman so eventually a matchup is going to limit him and God forbid one of my 2 gets hurt, I have no one to play! (I do also have Dwayne Washington, but until he keeps trending up he's not startable yet)

Matt Jones owner offered me Jones for my 1st in the rookie draft next year (I should finish top 2 so it'll be 7th or 8th overall)

I really want to win this year... and Jones IS only 23... is he worth the 1st (Actually the offer is my 1st and D Wash for Jones and Seimian <--- who I can use in weeks 5 and 6 when my QB's are on bye as he has good matchups both weeks)

?? Should be pursuing this?

I'm not a fan of Jones and I think they'll try and find a back to challenge him next year. I don't think he's their long-term solution in D.C. although he's certainly serviceable if you're trying to win next year. But I would see where things go with Washington for a week or two. I think he'll get more touches and is a pretty good athlete himself.

Any more thoughts? I can def work things with the other owner. we've been friends for years and talk trade in hockey pools etc all the time, so room for negotiations is def there....

Thanks for your help...

I'm not a dynasty expert, but IMO even though building for the future is important you want to win now.  I actually think D Washington will become a startable RB in the weeks to come, but I understand your anxiety.  

I agree with wheel, I can't get very excited about Jones.  He's getting a good amount of touches and isn't doing much with them.  Plus, his schedule is pretty rough:  BAL, PHI, MIN, GB, CIN, CAR will all be unfavorable matchups.

Not sure what the rest of the other owner's team looks like, but if you've got a good rapport with him maybe you could target another RB on his team.  Or ask for less than a 1st for Jones.  But I'd pass on a 1st rounder for him.

Good luck!

THX - there is no question that sitting at 3-0 (+ 1st place for points scored so far) I am looking at winning RIGHT NOW

the only other RB he said he is willing to move is Ware.... ?? (I am considering targeting Hill, D Murray or Gore, but those 3 GM's are notoriously harder to deal with for me! And their prices are likely higher as well, lol)

My other option is going after Freeman (Owner has expressed interest in possibly trading him to me for a WR where I am stacked) to have with Coleman and playing them both every week (one in flex) and if one gets hurt then I have the for sure workhorse

??

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Jones is solid. The FO loves him. All going to depend how he does with his work.. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they drafted a cook/mcaffrey type next year though. I wouldn't trade washington... Too much upside. Kid is a player. 

I got him to agree no Washington, but he's standing Firm on wanting the 1st (as I said likely 7th or 8th overall, but of course anything can happen moving it up if I start really screwing my season up! haha)

too much eh?

Users who are viewing this thread