What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

President Trump's Effect On America's International Reputation (1 Viewer)

President Trump's Effect On America's International Reputation

• Extremely Positive

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • Slightly Positive

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Neutral

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Slightly Negative

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • Extremely Negative

Votes: 73 73.0%

• Total voters

cstu

Footballguy
What's your opinion on how electing Trump will effect our reputation internationally?

Just got back home from Canada for a long work trip. Election came up a few different occasions. Pretty much was a mixture of mockery and bemusement mixed in with heavy side of disappointment. 

Whether it is Trump or whether it is Hillary, they will be faced with repairing all of the racial damage inflicted by the current president.  Everyone thinks our biggest enemy is the "radical terrorists" and while they are a threat, they pale in comparison to the racial flames that have been ignited in our country.  Very disturbing that our first african american president will be the one who has done the most damage in setting back the civil rights movement.  

As for Trump - he will be a laughingstock and a punch line even if he does stumble into any degree of success.

Whether it is Trump or whether it is Hillary, they will be faced with repairing all of the racial damage inflicted by the current president.  Everyone thinks our biggest enemy is the "radical terrorists" and while they are a threat, they pale in comparison to the racial flames that have been ignited in our country.  Very disturbing that our first african american president will be the one who has done the most damage in setting back the civil rights movement.  

As for Trump - he will be a laughingstock and a punch line even if he does stumble into any degree of success.
How dare a black man get elected President and give black people the inspiration they need to stand up for themselves and demand better treatment from police officers.

I'm sorry but this is such garbage.

How dare a black man get elected President and give black people the inspiration they need to stand up for themselves and demand better treatment from police officers.
It's just so patronizing. I hear it all the time from conservatives and it's infuriating. As if without Obama, black people would be happy about their treatment from police. I suppose the Rodney King riots 20 years ago were Obama's fault as well?

That's just it - he should be inspirational and yet from Ferguson to Baltimore to Charlotte to Tulsa - not saying President Obama is the cause, but certainly he is the man in charge as it unfolds.  

That's just it - he should be inspirational and yet from Ferguson to Baltimore to Charlotte to Tulsa - not saying President Obama is the cause, but certainly he is the man in charge as it unfolds.  
You just wrote that he inflicted all of this on us. You're contradicting yourself now. Is he to blame or not?

Perhaps, but I think it will be quickly forgotten like Palin if he loses.  The international community cares mostly about who is in power, not who almost got there.
Maybe, it could be taken by some governments as a harbinger of internal weakening and withdrawal by America though.

How many black people you got there in Ralston?
In the school district?  Actually along with North Omaha we are the highest rate of free reduced lunch with the largest ethnic diversity in the metro area.  Admittedly we are talking Nebraska so that is not saying much.  Latest stats are 20% African American, 30% Hispanic, 4% Asian, 46% Caucasian. Race is not the issue here, poverty is the issue. 

As someone how has traveled AND lived around the world, you are full of it and lying.  Nice try.
Ok, I'll call your bluff...post where you've traveled/lived and what people thought of America. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My family in Italy is obsessed with him and can't believe we would even consider electing him.  I remind them how many times they have elected Silvio Berlusconi. 

Trump would be pretty bad for American foreign policy, how bad I'm not quite sure but he already seems ready to trust Russia and ignore leaders like King Abdullah.  I would imagine he'd hire someone legitimate to be secretary of state and have at least a couple of not so crazy national security advisors, but that would be wishful thinking IMO. 

Ok, I'll call your bluff...post where you've traveled/lived and what people thought of America. 
Mexico, Japan, Most of Europe, El Salvador, Canada, Brazil, S. Africa and the Marianas Islands.  Most places find Americans annoying and "idiots", especially Europe.  Thanks for playing.

Mexico, Japan, Most of Europe, El Salvador, Canada, Brazil, S. Africa and the Marianas Islands.  Most places find Americans annoying and "idiots", especially Europe.  Thanks for playing.
No they don't, they just find you to be an annoying idiot.  Big difference. 

No they don't, they just find you to be an annoying idiot.  Big difference. 
Yeah that's it.  Your cleverness has fallen off a cliff over the past few years. Time to hit the training room and come back a little stronger, Ghetto Boss.
I don't believe you've ever lived overseas, you don't seem smart enough to even hold a steady fast food job.  Now go away, and stay there. 

I don't believe you've ever lived overseas, you don't seem smart enough to even hold a steady fast food job.  Now go away, and stay there. 
You aren't the only ex-military member on this board fyi. I'm certain I make more than you, and you live in an area where salaries are far higher than I do. Scoot along, sport.

Don't Americans make fun of Asian tourists with their cameras? Or Eurotourists and their aversion to daily showers?  These things are natural built-in rivalries and levity, it's been going on as long as people realized they were even the slightest bit different than the other guy. 

Germans don't particularly like Americans, but they don't particularly like anyone.  The Italians like Americans mostly, they don't like Germans.  In fact none of the Euros like Germans, they are way more disliked than we ever could be.  South Africans love us, Eastern Euros like us, Irish love us, Brits tolerate us like we tolerate them, and if you make an effort with teh French they are extremely open and engaging.  They just don't love all the over-the-top stuff, you know....like the Trump types telling them they make more money than them and live in a higher cost area.  Stuff like that shines through, you can go on being a tool your whole life or you can assimilate for the time you spend in another culture.  Americans are actually pretty good at this IMO, and I have 15 years living abroad as the litmus test. 

This doesn't have a lot to do with international diplomacy either.  Our culture and politics will always be interesting to foreigners, but it's the ability for our government to work with these countries at a strategic level that is important.  Every treaty, weapons deal, use of airspace agreement, use of land for military expeditions, or trade agreement is important to diplomacy and international relations.  I'm not worried about how the Malaysians might treat tourists, I'm worried about how Malaysia might close shipping lanes because our government fails to honor diplomatic responsibilities, or is too overbearing trying to be another Russia.  That's not our style, but Trump seems to think that's the way to making America great again.  Build walls, leave NATO to fight their own battles, drop 2000 pound bombs on ISIS, and burn villages. 

That is all great, but where is the action?  Where is the national conversation?  Why isn't Obama assembling leaders from multiple perspectives and trying to come up with a coarse of action.  The nation is burning and Obama is sitting on the sidelines instead of leading.  IMHO, it was his greatest opportunity to do something great, but he didn't.  

That is all great, but where is the action?  Where is the national conversation?  Why isn't Obama assembling leaders from multiple perspectives and trying to come up with a coarse of action.  The nation is burning and Obama is sitting on the sidelines instead of leading.  IMHO, it was his greatest opportunity to do something great, but he didn't.  
Because many of those that must be reached have Obama Derangement Syndrome.

Recall the reaction from you ODS types he had the beer summit.  (or anything else)

We don't need to play ignorant of it all. He is better behind the scenes on many of these type of racial scenarios.

Because many of those that must be reached have Obama Derangement Syndrome.

Recall the reaction from you ODS types he had the beer summit.  (or anything else)

We don't need to play ignorant of it all. He is better behind the scenes on many of these type of racial scenarios.
Silly excuses and ####### stupid rhetoric.   Take your ODS crap elsewhere or discuss the problem/solutions like an adult.  

ODS is as real as it gets.

But continued ignorance and feigned outrage at bringing it up is expected.

ODS is as real as it gets.
:lol:   whatever.  You act like I spent the last eight years posting in the Obama is the worst president ever thread.  HINT:. I have not.  You on the other hand are nothing but a hack who refuses to legitimately discuss issues. 

Don't Americans make fun of Asian tourists with their cameras? Or Eurotourists and their aversion to daily showers?  These things are natural built-in rivalries and levity, it's been going on as long as people realized they were even the slightest bit different than the other guy. 

Germans don't particularly like Americans, but they don't particularly like anyone.  The Italians like Americans mostly, they don't like Germans.  In fact none of the Euros like Germans, they are way more disliked than we ever could be.  South Africans love us, Eastern Euros like us, Irish love us, Brits tolerate us like we tolerate them, and if you make an effort with teh French they are extremely open and engaging.  They just don't love all the over-the-top stuff, you know....like the Trump types telling them they make more money than them and live in a higher cost area.  Stuff like that shines through, you can go on being a tool your whole life or you can assimilate for the time you spend in another culture.  Americans are actually pretty good at this IMO, and I have 15 years living abroad as the litmus test. 

This doesn't have a lot to do with international diplomacy either.  Our culture and politics will always be interesting to foreigners, but it's the ability for our government to work with these countries at a strategic level that is important.  Every treaty, weapons deal, use of airspace agreement, use of land for military expeditions, or trade agreement is important to diplomacy and international relations.  I'm not worried about how the Malaysians might treat tourists, I'm worried about how Malaysia might close shipping lanes because our government fails to honor diplomatic responsibilities, or is too overbearing trying to be another Russia.  That's not our style, but Trump seems to think that's the way to making America great again.  Build walls, leave NATO to fight their own battles, drop 2000 pound bombs on ISIS, and burn villages. 
I'd heard a lot about how rude people were in France so it was shocking to me how great everyone we met was there.  That is without knowing any French beyond butchering greetings.

Users who are viewing this thread