What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wilson, Mariota, or Bortles? WHIR!!! (1 Viewer)

spider321

Footballguy
Having a tough time deciding.

Russell Wilson, who may still have a gimpy ankle vs the 49ers who gave up big numbers to Cam last week?

Marcus Mariota, who doesn't have may weapons around him(& Delanie is probably out) vs a Raiders' pass D who couldn't cover me?

Blake Bortles, who is facing a tough Ravens' pass D, but he and AR15 have to get going eventually, right?

Please explain your choice!

Leave a link, and I will help with yours!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for answering mine.

Tough decision as I see all of these QBs having similar statistical days.

I rule out Bortles if only for the matchup - BAL is the number 1 D against the pass in terms of yards, and their secondary plays stout.

Seattle will turn their offense around, and they normally play the 49ers tough. While the 9ers looked really vulnerable last week, Hawks may have Baldwin hobbled. They have other quality targets to pass to, but it's Baldwin who helps open up the passing game more than any other receiver.

Finally Mariota against an historically bad Raiders D. I think the Raiders turn it around, and Norton will be sure to fire up his squad of only to save his job. But the kind of bad the Raiders are isn't fixed in one week on the road.

I'd go Mariota with the best matchup of the three.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wilson isn't fully healthy. Tough decision between Bortles and Mariota, but I would go Mariota playing against a horrible OAK pass defense. 

If Walker is out or limited, I would not go with Mariota regardless of the opponent.  Tajae Sharpe would be his only option at that point.  Raiders D has been burned on play action, and should eventually get the discipline right.

I think the biggest concern for Wilson wasn't him as much as his receivers, and Baldwin and Lockett should both be a go.  With their bad O line the Seahawks may still have trouble running, hence a need to pass.

I'd rank them 1. WIlson 2. Bortles 3. Mariota

I'd also think a lot about the wisdom of carrying 3 QBs, but of course it depends on what else is on your waiver wire.

Here's mine

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/748550-ppr-flex-marshall-gore-gio-sims-whir/

Users who are viewing this thread