What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WWYD: Waiver scenario post-trade (1 Viewer)

Jayded

Footballguy
Redraft, 12 team, no PPR

Start: QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 W/R/T, 1 K, 1 Def

I recently made a trade that should complete today that was a 3 for 3 but the last piece of which is really a filler I will all but immediately drop. Once the trade goes through, this is my team:

QB: Dalton

RB: L. Miller, J. Stewart, G. Bernard, J. McKinnon, D. Washington (Det)

WR: M. Evans, B. Marshall, W. Fuller, J. Gordon, Tyrell Williams, Kenny Britt (who I will be dropping post-trade)

TE: A. Gates

K: C. Catanzaro

Def: Streaming (Miami this week)

As noted, I'm going to drop Britt as he was just filler where the other owner preferred a balanced trade rather than a 2 for 3. Gates is now questionable and Dalton is playing against Denver this week. Presuming Gates plays, I am inclined to grab a backup QB. Should Gates not play, I need to grab a TE with the open slot and most likely roll with Dalton against Denver. If I noted these were the options on the wire, what would you do?

QB: J. Winston, R. Fitzpatrick, D. Prescott, A. Smith

TE: G. Barnidge, K. Rudolph, J. James, J. Doyle, C. Walford

Ideally Gates plays and I pick up one of the first three QBs as a spot start to avoid Dalton's Denver matchup, but if Gates doesn't play I'm thinking I should pick up Rudolph (based on targets) but could be talked into any of the others. If Gates plays, I'm tempted to grab Fitzpatrick as Winston's near schedule is brutal and Prescott hasn't yet translated his game to fantasy output. Thoughts?

I would add Winston - huge upside, despite one crappy game. I think that's a terrible drop by the owner after Winston showed his tremendous upside in week #1. 

If you need the TE I like Rudolph the best out of that group this week.  

fitzpatrick - if marshall plays he is throwing to 3 top 20 receivers against a not up to their standards D - 220 yds and a TD to WR last game...

Users who are viewing this thread