What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is it worth it to pursue Allen Robinson? (1 Viewer)

wheeleke

Footballguy
Noticed an owner has Robinson on the bench this week. He's 0-2 (like me) and has had some rough luck at the RB position. It's a 10-team redraft league; start 2 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, TE, Flex (RB, TE, or WR), DEF, K

His team: QB: Rodgers, Manning, Osweiler; RB: Ware, Rawls, Foster, Charles; WR: Benjamin (Travis), Crabtree, Diggs, Robinson, Floyd, Sanu; TE: Delanie Walker

My team: QB: Luck, Mariota, Tannehill, Garoppolo; RB: Elliott, L. Murray, Jennings, Henry; WR: Marshall, Landry, Hilton, Fuller; TE: Eifert, Fleener

Was thinking of offering Hilton, Murray for Robinson and Rawls. Is this worth it? Again, not sure if he's this down on Robinson that he's not starting him this week.

Thanks for your help.

I am of the opinion that ARob is still going to ball out this year.  He was mugged repeatedly in Week 1, or his numbers would've been higher.  Last week was a total team letdown, and I expect them to return to form this week.

I do see ARob>Hilton, but this deal would leave you very thin at RB.  I'm not sold on Rawls taking over completely in Seattle, and even if he does that O-line is a dumpster fire.  I could see Murray losing touches to his backfield mates, so I'm not opposed to dealing him.  

If you believe in Rawls more than I do, or if there are some solid RBs with upside on waivers, I'd offer the deal.  Otherwise, I might sit tight and see if you could deal a QB/WR combo.  Something like Tannehill/Hilton or Mariota/Murray for an RB1 or WR1.

Good luck!

I need all my QBs since it's a start 2-QB league so it's best to keep 3 on the roster through bye weeks and in case of injury. I did pick up McKinnon off of waivers and with news that AP is out 3-4 months, his value shoots up a bit more. There are solid upside RBs on waivers with Kenneth Dixon, Dion Lewis, Shane Vereen type guys still out there. I don't have a ton of faith in Rawls right now. The owner doesn't need any of my QBs since he's already sitting with Aaron Rodgers and Eli Manning as starters and a capable back up in Osweiler.

McKinnon is a solid pickup. I also like Dixon if you can get him. 

Knowing this, I would make the offer. Murray > McKinnon right now, but I'm not convinced we'll be saying that in a month. 

Hopefully he'll accept. Good luck!

If he's really down on Robinson, see if he'll do Hilton for Robinson straight up.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  Maybe he'll think that with Moncrief out Hilton is gonna have to step it up in Indy and will be getting more targets...

Users who are viewing this thread