What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gomorrah- tv show on Sundance- Italian mob (1 Viewer)

El Floppo

Footballguy
Is anybody watching this? contemporary show about the mafia in naples, italy. we seem to be 2 double episodes in (4 episodes shown in two nights). 

not sure yet if this is really grabbing me- something seems to be missing so far. but yet, I'm also still giving it a go. really like the Ciro character and actor.

as a mob show with some family component to it, it's hard not to compare to the Sopranos... and it's waaaay short of that mark so far. but again- still fun enough to keep watching.

Last edited by a moderator:
anybody?

given the last episode, I think the first season wrapped up. got a bit better, IMO. the wire meets sopranos... not as good as either, but still good.

But seriously, I need to watch this...
you'd like it- very Italian with the approach and some of the themes (in good and bad ways), but mostly an unfaltering and brutal look at what these guys are doing. the main character seems to come across as a bit of the gangster with the heart of gold,  but then shows some.... other sides.

definitely worth the watch. sundance has been showing it as double episodes, I think- each an hour long. easy to stop after the hour.

you'd like it- very Italian with the approach and some of the themes (in good and bad ways), but mostly an unfaltering and brutal look at what these guys are doing. the main character seems to come across as a bit of the gangster with the heart of gold,  but then shows some.... other sides.

definitely worth the watch. sundance has been showing it as double episodes, I think- each an hour long. easy to stop after the hour.
Grazie.

POTENTIAL SPOILERS

Happy Columbus Day to me...day off...no kid...finally some time to stream this (got through 8.5 of the 12 hours).  I thought up through the dad becoming a non-entity was fine, it's falling a little off the rails/unbelievable for me once Genny came back since his I didn't totally buy his flip and they de-emphasized Ciro over that same stretch after making him into this badass.  Still a great show.

Users who are viewing this thread