What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add an 'Export to Excel' button to the projection pages (1 Viewer)

Peyton Marino

Footballguy
This has bugged me for years.  Most of the other big sites have it.  I can't imagine it's that hard to add and I know you guys have some smart programmer types on staff.  Yes I can just copy-paste or setup a download in excel, but I think this functionality should exist as well.  

What's the reasoning behind not having one?

Yes I can just copy-paste or setup a download in excel
this part is actually not even true right now.  usually the projections are setup as data tables and you can create a data connection in excel that can be refreshed.  but they're not data tables right now, so

List of other websites that have the button:

ProFootballFocus

4for4

FantasyPros

I've discussed FBG's excel functionality with Maurile before, and I know he's battling cancer right now so don't expect him to weigh in.  But if anyone else on staff knows anything about the possibility of adding this I would really appreciate some insight.  It just really feels like the site is a few years behind on this.  

They are devoting all man hours to the new app, which not many know how to use without several tutorials. and a 3 week training period.

Phasing out Classic DD and VBD, so no extra work being put into that stuff.

They are devoting all man hours to the new app, which not many know how to use without several tutorials. and a 3 week training period.

Phasing out Classic DD and VBD, so no extra work being put into that stuff.
Completely ignoring their bread and butter.

I will add this to the MyFootballguys request list; I don't see a reason right now why we wouldn't do this and it should be easy enough to do. The format would be in a .csv file - is that ok with you guys?

Please do tag me with any tech requests. I'm the best person to get those requests in front of because I can make them happen.

Thank you for the suggestion! We may not always do things exactly as every individual exactly wants; that's not possible; but you'll just have to trust me that we are working our asses off here and the sole aim is to provide a better service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure hope adding this feature to MyFBG won't delay it's release any longer than already anticipated......that would be the suck......again.

I will add this to the MyFootballguys request list; I don't see a reason right now why we wouldn't do this and it should be easy enough to do. The format would be in a .csv file - is that ok with you guys?

Please do tag me with any tech requests. I'm the best person to get those requests in front of because I can make them happen.

Thank you for the suggestion! We may not always do things exactly as every individual exactly wants; that's not possible; but you'll just have to trust me that we are working our asses off here and the sole aim is to provide a better service.
thanks Simon.  yes CSV is fine, that's the standard i've noticed at other sites.  can always just save as XLSX or whatever after download.  

thanks again.

and thank you to Walking Boot for getting the ball rolling here.  didn't want to tag dodds because he's probably busy trading millions in bitcoin right now and didn't want to tag Joe because he's busy trolling the FFA and writing email updates, but looks like that's what needed to be done.

I (and the other staff; Dodds/Bryant/Overton etc etc) just can't monitor the entire shark pool each individually. Tagging me works for tech stuff; or PM me to make me aware of threads. 

this will bevery helpful, I still like to print a copy of the "expert" projections, and now I can clean it up and sort it.  hopefully I can sort using the csv using my fave prognasticators and then bring it to my draft along with the draft sim.

Thanks Simon!

Users who are viewing this thread