What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Paul Perkins RB Giants (1 Viewer)

Biabreakable

Footballguy
So I have been noting quite a few people are talking about Paul Perkins and his potential to become a starter for the Giants.

I watched a few of his games a month or so ago and while I think Perkins has an excellent jump cut, and he can string multiple cuts together as well. I didn't see him offering much more than that. He isn't exceptionally fast and his power is virtually nonexistent.  I spent some more time watching him today and draftbreakdown has a few more games available for him than last time I checked, so some new stuff to watch.

As I watched him some more it dawned on me what player Perkins reminds me of and that is Mewelde Moore He has the same combination of sick jump cuts and ellusiveness, decent hands, limited speed and no power just like Moore.

I see Perkins as most likely a COP and not a feature RB. If he does become a starter I would expect him to be able to put up numbers similar to what Moore did, but I think he will wear down if used too much, also similar to Moore.

Reading up on his pro day he mentions hamstrings bothering him. 

I didn't run, I just did positional drills. I tweaked my hamstring and tweaked it again.  I definitely got a little stronger and put some weight on, I'm 208 now. I want to be maybe 210.
The playing weight for his height is a bit spindly. I would think he could add some muscle there which possibly could help him run with a bit more power, but he already isn't fast, so he may lose some of that speed if he does try to get bigger in the NFL.

Here are some scouting reports on him for other points of view.

Paul Perkins Scouting Report, RB, UCLA, 2016 NFL Draft

2016 NFL Draft: Potential Panther? Paul Perkins

Users who are viewing this thread