What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Stanford WR Devon Cajuste (1 Viewer)

Run It Up

Footballguy
Thought there was already a thread floating around, apparently not. That won't do. At 6'4", 234 lbs, his athleticism is freakish.

YEAR

TEAM

REC

YDS

AVG

LNG

TD

Highlights:
2015 game vs Notre Dame
2015 game vs Oregon

2nd to only Doctson in SPARQ score for this years combine for WRs. Had the fastest 3-cone at 6.49, beating the second fastest by 0.11 seconds. 

4.62 40, 36" vert, 10'3" broad, 4.20 sec shuttle.

TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports that the Eagles put Stanford WR/TE Devon Cajuste through a private workout earlier this week.
The 6-foot-4, 234-pounder is about as eye-of-the-beholder as you get for offensive perimeter talent. Some see a WR/TE tweener who in all reality won't be able to play either effectively in the NFL. Others see a big sleeper whose talents weren't utilized at Stanford. We'll find out where exactly the NFL stands on the issue of Cajuste's potential later this month.

Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter 
Apr 1 - 5:42 PM

I look at him as a big wr. Very similar discussion as to what's going on with Moritz Boehringer the German WR.

The comparisons to DGB/Funchess aren't great imo, huge fan of DGB but Cajuste is more athletic, might not be as good of a wr, but I really liked what I've seen from him.

40 time isn't everything. He had the fastest wr 3-cone.

I'd be interested to see Boehringers SPARQ score, but not sure he will be graded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Later round move TE.  I don't think he's a WR.  

That Notre Dame game was nice, but his big plays were off bad coverage.  He looks pretty great blocking corners downfield, that's for sure.  

Doubtful there's much there fantasy-wise.  But if a team uses him as a big slot/2nd TE/goalline option I think he can help a team.  

40 time isn't everything. He had the fastest wr 3-cone.

I'd be interested to see Boehringers SPARQ score, but not sure he will be graded.
Agreed, plus all 40's are not equal, seems pretty obvious pro day 40's run a lot higher on average if not consistently than combine 40's.

Cajuste is also a little bigger. To me when you line up their workout numbers they are both fairly equal in terms of their impressive size/speed/quickness numbers give or take. Cajuste a tad more quick, the mystery German a tad more fast.

I look at him as a big wr. Very similar discussion as to what's going on with Moritz Boehringer the German WR.
Neither Cajuste or the German move my radar much as a WR but for fantasy purposes I'd get a lot more excited with them as a move TE's, especially Cajuste.

In mocking Stanford WR/TE Devon Cajuste to the Chiefs in Rd. 5, Rotoworld's Josh Norris wonders if HC Andy Reid might see some Riley Cooper in his game.
The Chiefs have more pressing needs than receiver, but the organization could take a shot on an upside prospect on Day 3 and stash him behind Jeremy Maclin, Albert Wilson and Chris Conley for a season. "[Cajuste's] testing was very good, including some of the best agility scores we have ever seen," Norris wrote. As a tight end, Cajuste's Combine tests graded out in the 88th SPARQ percentile.

Source: Rotoworld 
Apr 6 - 2:02 PM

would be some potentially nasty formations there with maclin, conley, kelce, and cajuste

potential mismatches everywhere

would be some potentially nasty formations there with maclin, conley, kelce, and cajuste

potential mismatches everywhere
I'd keep my entire defense about 4 yards off the line of scrimmage, and run a zone defense, and sag on the slants.  What's Alex Smith gonna do?  Throw it deep?   :no:

Cajuste, was a 7th round guy to me when I first watched him. Maybe even a UDFA. However, I watched him a bit more and he is a better WR then I first thought. However, he just seems to lumber around the field. There is the odd pin hole of light that shines through every now and then but its not enough to really project him to overcome his tweener build. 

I thought he would be a 4th round pick because even if he doesn't work out at WR, he seems like the type that would be a good special teams player.

I don't think I've seen anyone project him higher than a 6th, doesn't mean it wouldn't happen obviously.

An anonymous NFL scout told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that Stanford WR/TE Devon Cajuste is "kind of my sleeper."
"That son of a guy is talented talented," he said. "Now he's a weird kid but he's talented. Not a tight end. He'd be a big slot. Excellent athlete." Cajuste ran the fastest three-cone drill (6.49 seconds) of anyone at the Combine and ranked No. 5 among all receivers this decade, even though most see him as a TE at the next level. "He's that new breed of receiving tight end," another scout said. "Put him in the slot. I like him to a point." Cajuste wasn't used much at Stanford, but the NFL seems to like him a lot. "Tough, hard-nosed blocker," said a third scout. "Boy, this guy likes to sneak up on 'em. He (hit) a couple guys from UCLA and turned 'em thistle end up, I'll tell you. ... He's one of those gliders and sliders in that you don't have to be real fast but you time where you pop open in the seam. He'd be that fourth or fifth wide receiver who comes in on third down because he can block and catch in traffic."
Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

49ers UDFA Devon Cajuste is currently listed as a wide receiver.

Cajuste was a wide receiver at Stanford, but his limited speed (4.62) and big frame (6'4/234) have led some to project him as a tight end. While he could possibly succeed as a pass-catching tight end, Cajuste has the short-area athleticism and ball skills to excel as a "big slot" receiver. On a team desperate for pass catchers, it is not out of the question Cajuste carves out a role.

Source: San Jose Mercury News

Users who are viewing this thread