What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Home Security System (1 Viewer)

DocHolliday

Footballguy
I am thinking about purchasing a home security system.  I do not know anything about them.  Anyone have some recommendations or advice?

Thanks.

can't add much other then we have ours through a local company. Basic stuff like door alarms and some motion. 

the 1 thing they have that makes me feel most secure is that they added an alarm to our boiler, so if a pipe bursts or something happens to the unit, we will be alerted. I think we get that b/c the we also use the companies oil service. 

Thankfully, we've never had to have the alarm do its job, but on the off time we accidentally trip it, the main station calls us within a minute or 2

Have no idea what we pay though. 

Most robberies occur when the house is unoccupied.  They also occur by someone doing a 'smash and grab' type robbery, with the thief casing a neighborhood and selecting the best opportunity for profit.  If a house is not an easy mark, they will move on pretty quickly.  

Here is what you need to deter 99% of robberies:

A dog(or just 'evidence' of a dog outside like a food bowl, a couple of toys, a chain, doghouse, etc.)

Front/back/side door locks upgrade.  Most locks can easily be opened after watching a couple of youtube videos.  

Also, get a door devil system for each ground floor entry door in the house.

Then, think about window protection

Finish off with some motion sensor lights outside(you can even hook them up to a recording of a dog barking).

After researching a variety of options, I just purchased and installed a system from Frontpoint. Highly rated, recommended by a friend, easy to install, and competitively priced from what I tell. So far I highly recommend.

I've had Simplisafe for about 5 years ad have been very happy.  Easy to install, no false alerts, and very cost effective.

Users who are viewing this thread