What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

J.J.Nelson-going forward. (1 Viewer)

HittinHard

Footballguy
Love watching this kid play.

He,s a speed demon with pretty good hands.

Do you think he still gets targets as Flloyd gets healthier?

This kid is one of my favorites... 

Stashed him with a late pick during one of our drafts and have tried to get my hands on him in every league. I can see him making some noise next year and after Larry is gone, he will have a chance. A must back up too for all the john brown owners.

Positives:

1. Arians loves the long ball.
  2. Aging Fitzgerald.
  3. Michael Floyd on final year of contract.
He looks like the perfect buy low (or maybe even on the wire still).

Floyd may not be back next year, and Fitz has hinted that he's nearing the end too. If both those happen, JJ could see a big bump in playing time.

160 pounds.  When will you ever be able to count on him?  

Like the best ball idea,  good call.  Otherwise,  history says almost no chance. 

And I say that, and I picked him up last year,  love watching him,  and think he's electric.  I think best case is  5th WR, maybe a flex in big play leagues.  For a couple years. 

160 pounds.  When will you ever be able to count on him?  

Like the best ball idea,  good call.  Otherwise,  history says almost no chance. 

And I say that, and I picked him up last year,  love watching him,  and think he's electric.  I think best case is  5th WR, maybe a flex in big play leagues.  For a couple years. 
I think the NFL can find a way to put 10-15 lbs on him without sacrificing his skills.

So, Arians said this speed demon is now a starter.  His snap count has gone up last two weeks AZ played, only behind Fitz.  I realize this is most likely due to Brown and Floyd being dinged up, but what the hell does Arians mean?

Has JJ supplanted Floyd?  The depth chart still lists Floyd as the WR2 and has JJ behind fitz under WR1.  I took a flyer on him in both my leagues.  With Floyd's horrendously inconsistent play and Browns up and downs with injuries/consistency, JJ seems poised to break out..... What do you y'all think?

I grabbed him in both my leagues before the bye.  I have him going in one but behind AR15, Hopkins, and Landry in the other but I'm thinking on that one.  The game Sunday should be the DJ show unless SF can keep up...which would be great.

I am thinking it won't take more than another good game or two to get JJ Nelson's Dynasty Value in the same area as Floyd and Brown were at the beginning of this season.  That is insanely high... 4th-5th round ADP...

He's not any less talented than John Brown.

He can be listed as the #2 WR but does Palmer like throwing to him or Brown better? Who does he trust more? Brown is off the injury report now. My money is on Brown outperforming Nelson the last 1/2 of the season.

I've owned JJ in deepdynasty since the 1st time i saw him play (he was last yr's Treggs but an obvious f'real talent), but it'll be a while before i am confident of his target share.

I've owned JJ in deepdynasty since the 1st time i saw him play (he was last yr's Treggs but an obvious f'real talent), but it'll be a while before i am confident of his target share.
With brown and floyd both 100% healthy, this week will give us a very good picture. 

If you read into the quote, the reporter is asked by a follower about the WRs.  The reporter states Nelson is "still" the #2 (implying the move into the #2 spot has already happened), although BA sounded "very optimistic" about Smokey and BA also alluded that he will need Floyd for the second half of the season

We may be splitting hairs, but Arians said Nelson is the #2:

Arians said J.J. Nelson will be the No. 2 receiver this week alongside Larry Fitzgerald, but that both Brown and Michael Floyd are healthy and will be counted upon.

“It’s important to get them both going,” Arians said. “We need both of them. It’s obvious we missed the plays that they’ve made the past couple of years for our offense. And I would anticipate both of them to have really big finishes.”

Taken from this article:

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events/article-2/John-Brown-Turns-The-Corner/9422e54f-1748-4ded-a0f8-c41f4ff92f82

Arians said J.J. Nelson will be the No. 2 receiver this week alongside Larry Fitzgerald, but that both Brown and Michael Floyd are healthy and will be counted upon.

“It’s important to get them both going,” Arians said. “We need both of them. It’s obvious we missed the plays that they’ve made the past couple of years for our offense. And I would anticipate both of them to have really big finishes.”

We may be splitting hairs, but Arians said Nelson is the #2:

Taken from this article:

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events/article-2/John-Brown-Turns-The-Corner/9422e54f-1748-4ded-a0f8-c41f4ff92f82

TRUE WRBC

Exactly what I'm worried about.  Do all these guys (Nelson, Floyd, Brown) eat into each others value now?  Fitz's role is solid.
for now so is Nelson's - starting opposite Fitzgerald

Brown and Floyd will be on the field in three and four wr sets

Title of this thread should be changed to "JJ Nelson going backward"

I benched cooks today for this fumbling fool.  Yeah I know, point to the shirt.   Lol 

Ricky has been known to make some questionable decisions
It was a bad call no doubt.  Worst part it was against my gut.  I had cooks in, and my buddy talked me out of it.  I'm an idiot.  

But hey at least I'm honest and I call myself out for making dumb moves.  Still 7-3 2nd in total points and a lock for the playoffs in that league.  And I still won my matchup. 

No doubt bad call though. 

barely survived this week with JJ starting. Wont be doing that again. Other WRs there seemed  a lot healthier than last time we saw them

I can't believe I'm even thinking of going back to the well with this turd.  But I picked him up to play keep away from my opponent this week after the news hit of floyd's release from the team. 

Now I'm hearing he is locked into a full time starter role and he has been scoring lately.   Granted on like 4 targets in that 2 weeks.   

Debating bw him and tyreek hill in a standard scoring league.   Anyone else considering him vs NO?

Last edited by a moderator:
He's a good desperation play if you don't have anyone else. He is capable of a DJax or Ted Ginn line like 2-75-1. 
What about John brown?   Is he not playing in Arizona anymore?  Why is he not the starter opposite fitz?  The butt hurt is strong with me from the last time I started Nelson after he was declared the full time starter by Ariana and he proceeded to stink up the joint and gave way to a good game from Floyd.   

What about John brown?   Is he not playing in Arizona anymore?  Why is he not the starter opposite fitz?  The butt hurt is strong with me from the last time I started Nelson after he was declared the full time starter by Ariana and he proceeded to stink up the joint and gave way to a good game from Floyd.   
Sickle cell trait. They're trying to get it under control, but it looks like he'll be limited to 15-20 snaps per game the rest of the way. Hopefully he can get it all resolved for next year.

Still dealing with complications from sickle-cell.  I agree with the rest of your post (I picked him up to block), but he, Fitz and Gresh are all that's left.

Anybody else forced to or willingly rolling him out this week?  Should start with Floyd gone and Brown limited in what could be a shoot out type game.

Anybody else forced to or willingly rolling him out this week?  Should start with Floyd gone and Brown limited in what could be a shoot out type game.
I'm thinking about it. 16-team standard scoring, start 3 WRs. Other options are Marqise Lee, Mitchell and Boyd. Keep in mind that NO pass D isn't necessarily great, but they're not the pushover we've come to know and love over the past couple years.

I think Nelson has pretty good upside this week, but I'm leaning Lee because he has a higher floor, and I already have an upside guy in my lineup (Gabriel).

Nelson is much closer to an auto start with Floyd gone.

5-6 targets I would assume. New Orleans

Free money for the flex spots this week. 

3 TDs in 2 weeks and is almost sure to see a spike in snaps this week...

Limited in practice with a knee on Wed, didn't get a report yet today.

It'll be Nelson or Garcon for me if A.J. Green doesn't play this week and right now I'm leaning toward Nelson.  

Love the outlook right now. Good week 1. John Brown is facing a multi week injury. Better add JJ quickly.

Love the outlook right now. Good week 1. John Brown is facing a multi week injury. Better add JJ quickly.
Not so sure. I don't think the WR2 in AZ is worth much at all right now. JJ drops a lot of passes, and Jaron Brown is in the mix for that spot. I think Fitz is the only WR in AZ worth owning if John Brown is out.

Users who are viewing this thread