What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Karlos Williams, RB (BUF) (1 Viewer)

zed2283

Footballguy
This guy seemed to be ranked pretty low going into the NFL draft, at least in part due to off-the-field issues. NFL Draft Scout has him listed at 6'1" 230 with a 4.43 40 time :eek: . The rest of his measurables don't stand out to me.

Watched him last night in the first preseason game. He ran with the 1's in relief of McCoy and I thought he looked pretty good. At one point he was 6/26/1 but finished 14/40/1. Also added 2/23 receiving.

McCoy is there, of course, but Williams could be a sneaky pick to be the GL back or #2 guy with an aging FJax and underwhelming A.Dixon on the roster. B.Brown had a good stat line but at this point still seems to be a long-shot to make the team.

Based on the eye test and reports out of camp, it would not surprise me if Williams is the #2 sooner rather than later. I thought he looked very good last night against the Panthers first-team defense.

When they alternated Brown and Williams with the 2s, I thought Brown ran a lot better than Williams, but he also looked like he half-###ed it whenever he didn't get the carry. Add that to the fumbling and i think you're right that Brown will get cut.

Williams is an interesting add. He might be a Shady injury away from RB2 numbers this season.

Karlos only played 1 year of Rb at FSU, so he is still pretty raw. I think he was a LB or safety prior to that.

He was a free safety. Played effectively two years at RB.

He has no vision at all. Ran right into the back of the line countless times. There is room to get better but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Rotoworld:

The Buffalo News reports hospitalized RB Karlos Williams will likely be sidelined for multiple "weeks."

It is still unclear what Williams is dealing with, but the issue is reportedly "serious." Williams was making a push for the No. 2 running back job before getting injured. Fred Jackson (hamstring), Bryce Brown (hamstring) and Boobie Dixon (calf) are also sidelined.

Source: Buffalo News
Aug 18 - 1:13 PM

Michael Langston@MichaelWarchant 24h24 hours ago Tallahassee, FL

Update on former #FSU RB Karlos Williams. He had surgery this morning & is recovering. Hearing he's likely out for 3-4 weeks. #Bills
Michael Langston@MichaelWarchant 24h24 hours ago Tallahassee, FL

Also I don't want to get into specifics for the injury. I'll let the Buffalo Bills do that. It's not a leg, arm or anything to that nature.
Michael Langston ‏@MichaelWarchant 24h24 hours ago Tallahassee, FL

Out of respect to the Karlos Williams family I simply wanted to share a general update. Karlos is recovering & in good spirits.
Michael Langston ‏@MichaelWarchant 3h3 hours ago Tallahassee, FL

Per Family: Former #FSU RB Karlos Williams is expected to return to camp soon & will recover w/team staff. Still out 3-4 weeks. #Bills

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be something like a ruptured testicle... would explain why the team and media people in the know keep referring to the injury as "serious" without directly stating what it is. If it was an appendectomy, we'd have heard by now.

Rotoworld:

Karlos Williams - RB - Bills

Bills RB Karlos Williams (illness) will be sidelined "at least" two weeks after undergoing an undisclosed operation, but is expected to be ready for Week 1.

The word that Williams should be ready for the Bills' opener against the Colts comes from coach Rex Ryan, who called Williams' injury "sensitive." The Bills haven't shed any light on the nature of Williams' ailment. His health has taken on increased importance as the Bills await MRI results on LeSean McCoy's hamstring. Fred Jackson remains sidelined with a hamstring issue of his own.

Related: LeSean McCoy

Source: Mike Rodak on Twitter

Aug 18 - 7:55 PM

Rotoworld:

Karlos Williams - RB - Bills

Bills coach Rex Ryan is confident fifth-round RB Karlos Williams (illness) will be ready for Week 1.

The Bills have yet to disclose the nature of Williams' malady, but there's little reason to doubt their Week 1 assertion. Williams had been trending toward No. 2 status behind LeSean McCoy, but it could default to veteran Fred Jackson with the rookie likely to miss the rest of camp and the preseason.

Related: Fred Jackson

Aug 20 - 11:22 PM

this guy is going to be a sleeper when he returns. i expect him to take over 2RB role and if Mccoy goes down watch out.

Rotoworld:

Bills RB Karlos Williams (undisclosed operation) was spotted at team facilities on Thursday.

Per reporter Mike Rodak, the fifth-round rookie was walking with a "slight limp." The Bills have yet to disclose what necessitated an emergency operation, but it was possibly appendicitis. Williams won't play in the preseason, but coach Rex Ryan has expressed confidence he'll be ready for Week 1. Williams had been making a push for No. 2 duties, but will now be no higher than No. 3, and quite possibly lower.

Aug 27 - 2:02 PM

They must expect Karlos will be ready to go for Week 1 since they haven't confirmed Shady will be and they just cut Fred Jackson.

Might be a guy to go grab if he's floating on your waiver wires...

They must expect Karlos will be ready to go for Week 1 since they haven't confirmed Shady will be and they just cut Fred Jackson.

I'd love to play in a league where guys like him are floating on waivers. In my leagues, you're lucky if Jordan Norwood is still out there (guys scoop and sit on ALL the players that get their names mentioned once),

I'd love to play in a league where guys like him are floating on waivers. In my leagues, you're lucky if Jordan Norwood is still out there (guys scoop and sit on ALL the players that get their names mentioned once),
Was more for redraft leagues who probably weren't paying attention to guys like Karlos. I took him at 2.16 in my dynasty. Got him for $1 in my keeper auction... but I'm sure he's available in leagues.

Was more for redraft leagues who probably weren't paying attention to guys like Karlos. I took him at 2.16 in my dynasty. Got him for $1 in my keeper auction... but I'm sure he's available in leagues.
Oh yeah, definitely out there in a lot of leagues. Was just whining about all the sharknado hawks in my huge leagues. LOL.

Good price you got him at.

Oh yeah, definitely out there in a lot of leagues. Was just whining about all the sharknado hawks in my huge leagues. LOL.

Good price you got him at.
Let's not get hurt patting ourselves on the back there, "sharks"

Not everyone is in a 16 team uber expert 25 year league where they still get stats from USA Today on Mondays.

Some of those uber expert leagues may have short benches, 12 or even 10 players.

I know he's out there in one of my leagues, but it's not a clear no brainer to pick him up if you are dropping someone key. And as much as we get excited, RB is as fluid a position as possible, especially for newcomers. Shady is back, what's his value? Do you know whats going to happen week to week? Does he fumble and suddenly its Bryce time again (for three carries, until he fumbles)

Karlos Williams had an outstanding debut as the Bills RB2. 6 carries for 55 yards and 1 TD. His 26 yard TD run was a thing of beauty- showed how dangerous he is with his 230lb frame and 4.43 speed by bouncing outside and then running away from the Colts defenders.

A lot of people were wondering why they cut FJax & this performance was why. He averaged over 9 yards a carry and looked great as the RB2. He's simply better then FJax was and paid less.

Karlos Williams had an outstanding debut as the Bills RB2. 6 carries for 55 yards and 1 TD. His 26 yard TD run was a thing of beauty- showed how dangerous he is with his 230lb frame and 4.43 speed by bouncing outside and then running away from the Colts defenders.

A lot of people were wondering why they cut FJax & this performance was why. He averaged over 9 yards a carry and looked great as the RB2. He's simply better then FJax was and paid less.
Karlos just explodes when he runs, once he got out of the pack it was over.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/HIGHLIGHT-Karlos-Williams-rushes-26-yard-TD/7dcd4cfc-f6fa-4858-a512-ef37149d821d

McCoy seems like he's lost a step with the hammy issues and sounds like he's in denial about it. Karlos could get a decent amount of work

Thrilled I nabbed this guy to cuff McCoy. Glad he didn't go off for anything more than he did last weekend. Showed me enough to know he would be a solid starter if McCoy goes down. This reminds me of the Priest Holmes / Larry Johnson situation in KC a few years back in the sense that you almost need to own both as the top RB is a little bit fragile than he used to be and that if he goes down the replacement wont skip a beat in production.

I found it very strange that he was drafted so low being so big/fast/shifty with good catching ability. There might be character issues.

This article sealed the deal for me to replace the end of my bench with Karlos. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2013/futures-fsu-rb-karlos-Williams

I picked up Dion b4 his breakout last Thursday and I get the same feeling with this guy if given the chance he might even be a better option in this offense than McCoy and I am a McCoy owner. McCoy needs to stop dancing like he has been the past two years.

I found it very strange that he was drafted so low being so big/fast/shifty with good catching ability. There might be character issues.
In the summer/fall of 2014, it was alleged that (1) Williams helped to organize a drug deal in which a man was badly beaten, and (2) Williams committed domestic battery against his girlfriend/mother of his children. He wasn't arrested for either incident.

He also only played 2 years of RB in college; he played Safety/Linebacker before switching during training camp in 2013.

Oh yeah, definitely out there in a lot of leagues. Was just whining about all the sharknado hawks in my huge leagues. LOL.Good price you got him at.
Let's not get hurt patting ourselves on the back there, "sharks"

Not everyone is in a 16 team uber expert 25 year league where they still get stats from USA Today on Mondays.

Some of those uber expert leagues may have short benches, 12 or even 10 players.

I know he's out there in one of my leagues, but it's not a clear no brainer to pick him up if you are dropping someone key. And as much as we get excited, RB is as fluid a position as possible, especially for newcomers. Shady is back, what's his value? Do you know whats going to happen week to week? Does he fumble and suddenly its Bryce time again (for three carries, until he fumbles)
You were saying? Never once claimed I played in a shark league... Simply said where I drafted him and that I thought he was a good pick-up and a guy to keep a close eye on.

How is there not more hype surrounding this guy? I know its a very small sample size, but his team has a run heavy approach, the guy in front of him has a ton of wear on his tires, and every single signal that the team is sending points at EXTREME trust in his ability. (Brown and Jackson were good RBs and they got straight up cut)

How is there not more hype surrounding this guy? I know its a very small sample size, but his team has a run heavy approach, the guy in front of him has a ton of wear on his tires, and every single signal that the team is sending points at EXTREME trust in his ability. (Brown and Jackson were good RBs and they got straight up cut)
This is most telling

I see a little AP in his running style.

I traded TE Cameron (I already have Kelce and Rudolph) for a 2016 2nd and Williams.

Users who are viewing this thread