What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LaQuan McGowan - The next BIG pass catcher out of Baylor (1 Viewer)

Good, for a team with green uniforms, it's nice they have an Irish pass catcher like McGowan

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Tight end LaQuan McGowan produced unimpressive numbers for the position with a 5.41 40-yard dash, 24-inch vertical leap and 8.25 three-cone drill. However, he measured in at 6-6 and 405 pounds (not a typo), making those workout results look much better. McGowan, who also recorded 30 reps on the bench, had three career catches at Baylor (all three touchdowns) and will get a chance to make a NFL roster during camp.

I hope he gets drafted.  Someone can get this guy to the right size and probably put his hand in the dirt, imo.

No reason he can't catch a few RZ touchdowns.  How high can this guy jump?

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope he gets drafted.  Someone can get this guy to the right size and probably put his hand in the dirt, imo.

No reason he can't catch a few RZ touchdowns.  How high can this guy jump?
I read he had a 24" vertical.  Not sure how to factor that in with the whole 6'6" and 404 pounds thing. 

I'll have to crunch the numbers on this one, but I'm guessing it probably isn't a good sign when your BMI is higher than your vert 

• I read he had a 24" vertical.  Not sure how to factor that in with the whole 6'6" and 404 pounds thing. 

I'll have to crunch the numbers on this one, but I'm guessing it probably isn't a good sign when your BMI is higher than your vert 
    A 24 inch vertical at that size is ridiculous. Alex Collins had a 28 inch vertical at almost half his weight.

My daughter goes to college and has classes with him, says hes a gentle giant and everyone loves him. Very popular, good kid.... Art B. likes him too. I would love to see him make it on a team.

steelers1080 said:
Any chance he could become a great LT?  He's 400 pounds and nimble enough to be a TE...
If he loses some lbs could happen I hope the Steelers draft him in the 7th.

NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt wrote that Baylor TE LaQuan McGowan "has to be the biggest prospect we've ever had at a Pro Day."
Yes, McGowan is a big, big boy, tipping the scales at 6-foot-8, 403 pounds. Brandt was impressed by his work during Wednesday's Pro Day, when he recorded a 5.41-second mark in the 40-yard dash, a 24-inch vertical and an 8-foot-2 broad jump. Predictably, he's strong as an ox, too, and managed an offensive lineman-esque 30 reps on the bench press. Wrote Brandt, "For a man of this size to put up these kind of numbers is really impressive." Last season, the jumbo-sized human logged two receptions for a pair of touchdowns on his way to making honorable mention All-Big 12.

Source: NFL.com 
Mar 19 - 7:36 PM

Any chance he could become a great LT?  He's 400 pounds and nimble enough to be a TE...
Specialty gadget player, he could be an extra linemen on the edge on the goal line or 3rd and short and declare him eligible, or put him in at FB. Just a theory but it's hard to see how a player like that can be a regular on the NFL.

Users who are viewing this thread