What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Matt Cassell traded to BUFFALO (1 Viewer)

The missing piece to follow up that 8-8 season ( the week 17 Pats game would have been a loss if the game mattered) with another one. That is if everything goes well for them.

for people who feel cheated we never got a young vs montana superbowl, maybe 3 games of cassel vs brady next year

I like this one, which I think is very true for Cleveland, too. I was thinking it at the time:

Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell 6m6 minutes ago

They already have a job for good locker room guys with professional experience who can mentor young quarterbacks. It’s coaching.

edit:Cassell will have earned 70 million bucks in his career. It's GOOD to be white and tall.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Hoyer is better than Cassel at least not if he has time in the pocket. For whatever that is worth.

I like this one, which I think is very true for Cleveland, too. I was thinking it at the time:

Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell 6m6 minutes ago

They already have a job for good locker room guys with professional experience who can mentor young quarterbacks. It’s coaching.

edit:Cassell will have earned 70 million bucks in his career. It's GOOD to be white and tall.
Did he ever start a collegiate game?
The only time he played in a college stadium is when he played with the Vikings at U of Minnesota while waiting for the new stadium

As a Viking fan I am not sure how I feel about this. Granted, $5 mil is a lot to pay for a backup and Teddy is the man, but there aren't a lot of options in the market that I feel better about backing him up. Don't know what it was like on the inside, but on the outside Cassel sounded supportive of Bridgewater and as willing as anyone is to take a backup role.

As a Viking fan I am not sure how I feel about this. Granted, $5 mil is a lot to pay for a backup and Teddy is the man, but there aren't a lot of options in the market that I feel better about backing him up. Don't know what it was like on the inside, but on the outside Cassel sounded supportive of Bridgewater and as willing as anyone is to take a backup role.
yeah, like back up qb is that last puzzle piece for you guys

Bills acquired QB Matt Cassel and a 2015 sixth-round pick from the Vikings in exchange for a 2015 fifth-round pick and 2016 seventh-round pick.
Crumbs for crumbs. Fitting.
The Vikings move up from 6th to 5th (about 27 picks) and get a mid 7th.
This is terrible for the BIlls they basically gave a 5th rounder for Cassell and he is owed a little more than 4 million. Not only that but it is the FIRST PICK of the 5th round. Vikings made out like bandits

Bills acquired QB Matt Cassel and a 2015 sixth-round pick from the Vikings in exchange for a 2015 fifth-round pick and 2016 seventh-round pick.
This is terrible for the BIlls they basically gave a 5th rounder for Cassell and he is owed a little more than 4 million. Not only that but it is the FIRST PICK of the 5th round. Vikings made out like bandits
No it's not.

With everything else that has sucked and gone wrong with the Vikings, at least Spielman is good at getting value in picks and trades.

Wat?Show your work please

It's like the Herschel Walker trade only a million times worse.

Yuck. I hope the Bills are not done looking for veteran QBs.
I hope they ARE if this is the best they can do.

It's like somewhere, yesterday, all the fantasy gods got together and said " How can we possibly plow Sammie Watkins' career to the point he had absolutely NO value?"

And, yes, there is more than one fantasy god because one guy could not do this much damage to the Bills by himself (unless EJ Manuel IS the fantasy god).

Bills gave up pick 129 and next year's 7th rounder for pick 172 and Cassel.

So, they dropped about 40 spots from the top of the 5th to early in the 6th round.

Bills gave up pick 129 and next year's 7th rounder for pick 172 and Cassel.

So, they dropped about 40 spots from the top of the 5th to early in the 6th round.
For me, it's very similar to the McCoy deal. The compensation isn't an issue to me, but the salaries are pretty steep and it seems like they could have gotten similar guys for less money and NO compensation.

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftorder2015.php

No it's not.
its not terrible or its not the first pick of the 5th?

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftorder2015.php
I see, they trade their 5th from TB and not their own. Bit rich IMO.

Rotoworld:

ESPN Bills reporter Mike Rodak suggests Matt Cassel might be on the roster bubble entering training camp.

Rodak calls Cassel the "clear loser" after OTAs, where he was outplayed by E.J. Manuel. Cassel was reportedly "just downright bad" in one or two practices. Rodak says he initially believed Cassel would be the Bills' Week 1 starter, but "now question(s) if he will make the roster." If Cassel's struggles continue into August, Buffalo could save $4.15 million by cutting him.

Source: ESPN.com
Jun 19 - 3:03 PM

Rotoworld:

Matt Cassel - QB - Bills

Per the Buffalo News' Vic Carucci, Matt Cassel was "easily the worst-looking quarterback" at Bills offseason practices.

"Cassel doesn’t move well, he doesn’t always throw the prettiest ball, and has easily had the worst-looking practice performances of all of the quarterbacks," wrote Carucci, who isn't the first Bills writer to dog on the 11-year veteran this spring. With spring practices in the books, it sounded like E.J. Manuel was the best of the bad among Bills quarterbacks. Still, odds are Cassel will get the nod to start come Week 1 unless he completely faceplants in the preseason.

Source: Buffalo News

Jun 22 - 9:29 PM

Users who are viewing this thread