What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: Ryan Grant, WR IND (1 Viewer)

Bojang0301

Omar4Heisman
Figured it's about time he got his own thread... This board has been quiet on him because he's buried in Washington but he's had nothing but glowing reports since OTA's:

Redskins selected Tulane WR Ryan Grant with the No. 142 overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft.

Grant (6-foot 3/8, 199) was a 31-game starter for the Green Wave, tallying 196 catches for 2,769 yards (14.1 YPR) and 21 touchdowns. He earned first-team All C-USA recognition as both a junior and senior. At February's Combine, Grant ran 4.64 with a 35 1/2-inch vertical and 9-foot-11 broad jump. An excellent college wideout with limited athleticism, Grant would do well to forge an NFL career as a No. 3/possession receiver.

May 10 - 2:11 PM

Ryan Grant - WR - Redskins

Following rookie minicamp, Redskins coach Jay Gruden said fifth-round WR Ryan Grant "plays like a 10-year veteran already."

Grant's understanding of route-running was evident at rookie camp. The former Tulane star won't be any higher than the No. 4 receiver as a rookie, barring injury, but the coaching staff really likes him. Grant will compete with Aldrick Robinson for a role behind Pierre Garcon, DeSean Jackson, and Andre Roberts.

Source: ESPN.com May 18 - 11:17

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/9567/redskins-rookie-report-ryan-grant?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/10/redskins-roster-spot-mind-ryan-grant-all-business/

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, it's kind of a shame he got drafted into such a stacked WR corps. He's a complete natural. Incredible hands and his route running for a rookie is ridiculous. Coaches and veterans say he looks like a ten year vet out there and yet he'll barely see the field without injuries.

Dude is the definition of a technician. RG3 totally trusts him already. If there are injuries, he'll be a fantasy factor. Would probably take two.

For those that have the bleacher report app... Look this guy up on there, he's been blowing up camp even more so the last week.

Seriously, it's kind of a shame he got drafted into such a stacked WR corps. He's a complete natural. Incredible hands and his route running for a rookie is ridiculous. Coaches and veterans say he looks like a ten year vet out there and yet he'll barely see the field without injuries.
Was going to come in here and post the same thing. Think he has some potential, but who exactly doesn't see the field so he can? Garcon? Jackson? Roberts?

• Yes, it still gets spirited in practice even when there is no crowd and even when they’re just in shells. Take how players reacted after the No. 2 offense scored a touchdown in the two-minute drill. Quarterback Kirk Cousins connected with receiver Ryan Grant who was running a go-route from around the 20. The corner sat in zone and the safety, Trenton Robinson , couldn’t rotate over fast enough. Grant caught an open pass for the score. After the play: linebacker Adam Hayward jumped a couple feet in the air annoyed by what happened and another player shouted an expletive. Cousins yelled, “Heck yeah! … Well done! Yes!” And ran to Grant.
  • Grant again showed the ability to create an extra yard of separation with a good plant to drive the defender off an extra yard then came back for the ball. He did it against corner Tracy Porter, planting his foot and driving Porter back and then cutting to the sideline (while working back for the ball) and getting out of bounds to stop the clock
http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/9817/redskins-practice-report-11

Still plenty of room on this train. I've taken shots on Corey Washington and Branden Oliver but I've been trying to get this guy on every dynasty squad I have. Was completely overlooked in rookie drafts.

Are you drafting him in Dynasty, or giving it a bit?
I haven't done a startup in awhile. I'd say in deep leagues I'd take a shot on him late. If rookie drafts are still happening I would look to grab him if the 5th or 6th but once again I haven't done a rookie draft since June.

I like Ryan Grant but he's going to be buried on the depth chart for at least a couple of years.

Keep in mind that the guy he beat for the TD tonight was undrafted journeyman CB Royce Adams.

I like Ryan Grant but he's going to be buried on the depth chart for at least a couple of years.

Keep in mind that the guy he beat for the TD tonight was undrafted journeyman CB Royce Adams.
That's my concern too. The Skins for once actually have talent at WR. Grant seems like a really solid player, there just isn't going to be enough PT for him to really make an impact.

I'll agree that there probably isn't a short term timeline for this guy but he could be a PPR gem at some point in his career. Really like having him on my deep dynasty teams.

An easy add in dynasty. Plenty of upside in redraft if you can spare the room. Not too concerned with Roberts. If Desean can't go, Grant could be the waiver wire darling next week.

I just dropped Kenny Britt for Ryan Grant in my dynasty league. I was surprised to find him on the wire and thrilled to pick him up. :football:

Looked really good tonight, as usual. Nothing special measurables-wise he's just a technically sound, smooth route-runner with great hands who seems to get into the right place at the right time.

With our TE mess he might see the field more than planned, earlier than planned, as the 3rd or 4th receiver. Jamison Crowder is also drawing rave reviews and there'd probably be buzz about him tonight already if he wasn't nursing a hammy. I think its between Crowder and Grant for who beats out Roberts eventually, but they're both promising and Grant has more size.

Rotoworld:

Coach Jay Gruden called second-year WR Ryan Grant the Redskins' "best pure route runner" at wideout.

Gruden acknowledged the "only issue" for Grant is playing time; he's behind Pierre Garcon and DeSean Jackson on the depth chart, and that isn't gonna change. Grant could be a name to consider if something happened to Garcon.

Source: John Keim on Twitter
Aug 16 - 2:57 PM

Rotoworld:

Ryan Grant caught five passes for 64 yards in the Redskins' third preseason game.

Grant led the team with eight targets and could have had a bigger night had Kirk Cousins been more accurate on a couple throws. Grant is a good route runner with sure hands, but he is buried on the depth chart.

Aug 29 - 10:46 PM

Free agent WR Ryan Grant's ankle has been medically cleared by Dr. Robert Anderson, and Grant will visit the Colts on Friday.

Anderson is the renowned doctor most teams go to for anything foot or ankle related. The Ravens failed Grant's physical because of the "injury," but the widespread belief is they had buyer's remorse after giving Grant a whopping $14.5 million guaranteed. GM Ozzie Newsome said he had "no control" over the failed physical. It's a bummer for Grant, who is unlikely to get that kind of money from another team, but his agent said if there was a game tomorrow, Grant would be able to play. The Colts need to replace Donte Moncrief out wide.

Related: Ravens, Colts

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Mar 16 - 11:14 AM

Colts signed Ryan Grant, formerly of the Redskins.

The news comes from ex-Packers receiver James Jones, who is breaking news faster than Adam Schefter these days. The Ravens voided their deal with Grant because of a "failed physical," but he reportedly was cleared by the Colts when he visited them last week. Grant is a solid receiver who will help fill out the Colts' paper-thin receiving corps, but they still could use more help. As it stands, T.Y. Hilton, Chester Rogers, and Grant top the depth chart.

Related: Ravens, Redskins

Source: James Jones on Twitter 

Mar 20 - 11:29 AM

Good pickup for Indy. Decent chance Grant is better than Moncrief was or than Crabtree will be in Baltimore. 

Ryan Grant - WR -  Colts

Ryan Grant was listed as a starter on the Colts' initial training camp depth chart.

He was listed as a starter opposite perennial 1,000-yard receiver T.Y. Hilton. Grant was never more than a complementary piece in Washington but looks poised for a significant role in Indy's passing-game this year. Though listed as a backup, Chester Rogers will likely work as the Colts' primary slot receiver in three-wide sets.

Source: Zak Keefer on Twitter 

Aug 5 - 10:35 AM

So what do folks think could be a good fantasy year for him if things go well with the Luck comeback?

I'm thinking around 800 yards and 6 tds is possible. Worth a flyer in redraft around rounds 11-15?

So what do folks think could be a good fantasy year for him if things go well with the Luck comeback?

I'm thinking around 800 yards and 6 tds is possible. Worth a flyer in redraft around rounds 11-15?
Honestly I don't like any WR2 on the Colts since the Cain injury... unless the WR2 is Doyle and perhaps Ebron.

I think Grant is a 550-600 yards guy with ~4 TDs

I am sure he will go undrafted in my 10-team, 16 roster position, league.  And he will remain there until he blows up, but he will be on my waiver wire radar.

So is he worth anything as Indy's WR2 ?  I mean jeeeese, lot of targets out there with Luck back.

Not to mention the offense will run a ton of plays this year.

1. Hurry-up offense. "adjusted for Chip Kelly, Reich’s use of the hurry up was even more prolific." https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/710394-dynasty-redraft-ryan-grant-wr-ind/?page=2

2. Great QB

3. No run game

4. No defense.

5. Indy could have 700 pass attempts this year.

6. we saw 53 pass attempts week1 on pace for 848 attempts. 600+ seems like a lock with 700 possible.

Having the WR2 for essentially free when guys like Moncrief were being drafted as WR2 with Luck passing the ball in offenses with less attempts in previous years seems like easy value to me when you consider the cost is essentially WR5 or WR6, essentially free.

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 14m14 minutes ago

The #Raiders have signed WR Ryan Grant, the former #Colts WR whose 4 year, $29M deal with the #Ravens fell through last year after a failed physical. He visited Oakland back then, and signed with them now.

Signed by the Packers
Rotoworld:

Packers signed WR Ryan Grant.

It's a telling sign that both Geronimo Allison (concussion) and Davante Adams (toe) will likely be sidelined against the Raiders. Grant most recently caught just four ball in two games with the Raiders. Allen Lazard and Jake Kumerow will play alongside Marquez Valdes-Scantling if the aforementioned duo is ultimately ruled out on Sunday.

RELATED: 

Oakland Raiders

SOURCE: Field Yates on Twitter

Oct 16, 2019, 4:54 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread