What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Justin Blackmon Suspended Indefinitely (1 Viewer)

eNdblu

Footballguy
http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-PressRelease/Justin-Blackmon-suspended-indefinitely--------/090803c5-e1d4-487a-9632-1f1a453c732f

Justin Blackmon of the Jacksonville Jaguars has been suspended indefinitely without pay for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.STATEMENT BY AN NFL SPOKESPERSON:

Justin Blackmon of the Jacksonville Jaguars has been suspended indefinitely without pay for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.

Blackmon’s suspension begins immediately. He will be eligible to apply for reinstatement prior to the start of the 2014 season.

[Note: The NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse is posted on nflmedia.com. From the home page, click on "Resources" and then "About the NFL."]

STATEMENT BY JAGUARS GENERAL MANAGER DAVID CALDWELL:

“All of us who are a part of the Jaguars family care very deeply about Justin and his well-being. That said, he must be held accountable and accept the consequences announced today by the NFL. His suspension will provide him the opportunity to receive the attention and professional treatment necessary to overcome his challenges, and we will support him during this time. The Jacksonville Jaguars will evaluate Justin's status once he has successfully met the criteria to be considered for reinstatement to the league.”

Poor kid is just dumb as dirt. SO much talent, so little common sense. Hope he gets the help he needs. Glad i don't own him in any dynasty leagues....

at this point you've already traded him prior to today or you accepted the risk that this was going to happen.

no point in #####ing about it.

You have got to be FN kidding me.

Just traded away Shorts in large part, because I have Blackmon.

Funny thing is, before accepting the trade, I had this thought that maybe Blackmon was suspended or something and did a quick check. Guess I was a day too early. F Me!

:wall:

who was the last player to be suspended indefinitely like this?

i think vick was, under different circumstances...

have they come back to do anything (aside from vick)?

maybe the jags can recover some of their money, i think they structured the contract with the warning of the DUI before he signed his rookie deal...

i wasn't too interested in him in a startup dynasty this year in case something like this happened...

what a shame, though, he is a talent.

Is he able to appeal and play for a few more weeks? I don't want to drop if he isn't done playing this year

So much for the talk about how much he has grown. Dumb. It's equally dumb that the substance he likely got busted for is relatively harmless but that's a different discussion.

Is this a full 16 games (till next year), or just the rest of this year? I mean, what if this happened week 16 this year? Would they just suspend him for that week 17 game and that's it?

Funny thing is, before accepting the trade, I had this thought that maybe Blackmon was suspended or something and did a quick check. Guess I was a day too early. F Me!

Yup, same here. Traded away Shorts a week ago, partly because I had Blackmon. This is a gut punch.

done for the year? any chance of appeal - or is he droppable?
it would be at least a year from now... but possibly longer with the indefinite part.

maybe no guarantee for 2014, but i haven't read anything other than what is here (tweet, etc.).

i thought after a 4 game suspension its 8 games then season?

could be wrong though.

tonight we drinking from the bottle

amnesiac said:
at this point you've already traded him prior to today or you accepted the risk that this was going to happen.

Yep. It is why I got rid of him for Shorts in the offseason :shrug:

What a shame though, talented player.

Last edited by a moderator:
VaTerp said:

I just snagged Shorts soon as I saw this thread. Was targeting him already with Henne starting but wanted to wait until next week since there's really no wasted space on our rosters. It'll make this week really tight!

Having awful flashbacks to the year I had Travis Henry when he was suspended.

Any chance Blackmon can appeal through the FF playoffs (Desperation....)

Someone call Henry's legal team. %$@_(&$%#@@#!!##%^^&@!!!!!!

amnesiac said:

Yep. It is why I got rid of him for Shorts in the offseason :shrug:

What a shame though, talented player.
kept him in one of my dynasty leagues, but i could afford the gamble. interested in the details so i can decide whether to drop him and create another roster slot.

Users who are viewing this thread