What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Khiry Robinson (1 Viewer)

LawFitz

Footballguy
Very impressed by this kid during preseason and with the mop up carries he had last week. My eyes tell me he's much better than Ingram, but he also runs harder than Pierre too IMO. And I've seen him catch the ball well.

I don't see him over taking Pierre, but I think Ingram's now in the dust and Pierre has never been super durable. If/when he goes down this year I think Khiry could blow up in a split with Sproles. Thoughts?

I'm interested in this guy too - I'm a bit surprised that there wasn't a bit more talk about him this week in terms of pre-emptive waiver pickups. Admittedly, he's a Saints RB so there's probably a limited ceiling there, but if Ingram really did get traded, I think there would be a rush to the WW to grab this guy.

He looks like a beast to me, considering grabbing him as a lotto ticket in a keeper league. Could be late season Gold. I remember another NO RB years back, Stecker who came through late. I like your thinking...

I certainly hope the Mark Ingram experiment is over. Time to see what the other guy can do before next years draft.

I came away impressed every time he touched the ball. I don't expect much this year but with Sproles being 30 and Thomas turning 29 there's some opportunity for him ahead.

We still haven't seen him against a first string defense so I'm tempering my enthusiasm but he seems to have all the skills to be a starting back.

Just acquired Khiry in my dynasty leagues and stashing him on my taxi squad. I would love to see him get more snaps in coming weeks

Gonna try to grab him off waivers in my dynasty league today for a lowball bid and stash him.

Saints dont care where you came from

By Mike Triplett | September 25, 2013 6:00:42 PM PDT

The New Orleans Saints have used six undrafted rookies in their lineup this season after defensive end Glenn Foster and tailback Khiry Robinson made their debuts last Sunday. (The others are guard Tim Lelito, tight end Josh Hill, linebacker Kevin Reddick and cornerback Rod Sweeting.) According to ESPN Stats & Information, thats tied, with Cleveland, for the most in the NFL.

Most Undrafted Players, 2006-2013

TEAM PLAYERS

Browns 67

Rams 65

Saints 64

Colts 62

Chiefs 61 But thats nothing new around New Orleans during the Sean Payton era. The Saints have never been shy about throwing undrafted rookies into the mix including two of their longtime offensive stars, receiver Lance Moore (began with the Browns before joining the Saints in 2006) and tailback Pierre Thomas (signed by the Saints after the draft in 2007). As Payton likes to say, the Saints dont care where their players came from. They go by what they see on the field.

The Saints currently have 23 players on their 53-man roster who were undrafted when they came into the NFL, including veteran starters such as cornerback Jabari Greer and linebacker David Hawthorne who played for other teams before joining the Saints.

Highest Pct of Off/Def Snaps by Undrafted Players, 2008-2013

TEAM PCT

Chargers 25.7%

Patriots 25.6%

Chiefs 25.3%

Rams 22.7%

Saints 22.3% According to ESPN Stats & Information, the Saints have used a total of 64 undrafted players since 2006, the third most in the NFL. The league average is 47 during that span. And dating back to 2008, the Saints have had undrafted players take 22.3 percent of all offensive or defensive snaps, the fifth most in the NFL.

Heres the complete list of players on the Saints 53-man roster who were not drafted (* denotes a starter):

Offense

*WR Lance Moore, *RB Pierre Thomas, *C Brian de la Puente, *FB Jed Collins, RB Travaris Cadet, RB Khiry Robinson, G Tim Lelito, T Bryce Harris, TE Josh Hill

Defense

*CB Jabari Greer, *LB David Hawthorne, *LB Junior Galette, S Rafael Bush, S Isa Abdul-Quddus, CB Chris Carr, LB Ramon Humber, DE Tom Johnson, DE Tyrunn Walker, DE Glenn Foster, LB Kevin Reddick, CB Rod Sweeting

Special teams

*K Garrett Hartley, *LS Justin Drescher

Tags:New Orleans SaintsSean PaytonDavid HawthorneGlenn FosterKhiry RobinsonPierre ThomasLance Mooretim lelitoJabari GreerJosh Hillkevin reddickrod sweeting

ETA link: http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=new-orleans-saints&id=461&src=desktop

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna try to grab him off waivers in my dynasty league today for a lowball bid and stash him.

Saints dont care where you came from

By Mike Triplett | September 25, 2013 6:00:42 PM PDT

The New Orleans Saints have used six undrafted rookies in their lineup this season after defensive end Glenn Foster and tailback Khiry Robinson made their debuts last Sunday. (The others are guard Tim Lelito, tight end Josh Hill, linebacker Kevin Reddick and cornerback Rod Sweeting.) According to ESPN Stats & Information, thats tied, with Cleveland, for the most in the NFL.

Most Undrafted Players, 2006-2013

TEAM PLAYERS

Browns 67

Rams 65

Saints 64

Colts 62

Chiefs 61 But thats nothing new around New Orleans during the Sean Payton era. The Saints have never been shy about throwing undrafted rookies into the mix including two of their longtime offensive stars, receiver Lance Moore (began with the Browns before joining the Saints in 2006) and tailback Pierre Thomas (signed by the Saints after the draft in 2007). As Payton likes to say, the Saints dont care where their players came from. They go by what they see on the field.

The Saints currently have 23 players on their 53-man roster who were undrafted when they came into the NFL, including veteran starters such as cornerback Jabari Greer and linebacker David Hawthorne who played for other teams before joining the Saints.

Highest Pct of Off/Def Snaps by Undrafted Players, 2008-2013

TEAM PCT

Chargers 25.7%

Patriots 25.6%

Chiefs 25.3%

Rams 22.7%

Saints 22.3% According to ESPN Stats & Information, the Saints have used a total of 64 undrafted players since 2006, the third most in the NFL. The league average is 47 during that span. And dating back to 2008, the Saints have had undrafted players take 22.3 percent of all offensive or defensive snaps, the fifth most in the NFL.

Heres the complete list of players on the Saints 53-man roster who were not drafted (* denotes a starter):

Offense

*WR Lance Moore, *RB Pierre Thomas, *C Brian de la Puente, *FB Jed Collins, RB Travaris Cadet, RB Khiry Robinson, G Tim Lelito, T Bryce Harris, TE Josh Hill

Defense

*CB Jabari Greer, *LB David Hawthorne, *LB Junior Galette, S Rafael Bush, S Isa Abdul-Quddus, CB Chris Carr, LB Ramon Humber, DE Tom Johnson, DE Tyrunn Walker, DE Glenn Foster, LB Kevin Reddick, CB Rod Sweeting

Special teams

*K Garrett Hartley, *LS Justin Drescher

Tags:New Orleans SaintsSean PaytonDavid HawthorneGlenn FosterKhiry RobinsonPierre ThomasLance Mooretim lelitoJabari GreerJosh Hillkevin reddickrod sweeting
This is good info. Do you have the link?

Well I guess I can say his name now.

Khiry flew off the WW shelf this week in NO. Guy paid $8/100 for him.

I know he's thinking MNF will be his coming out party.

But what is Peyton to do with Ingram, what to do.

Peyton has been flying the underappreciated free agent flag since he took over the NO ship. Ever since he cut loose the Ohio State 3rd rounder in favor of undrafted Pierre Thomas in 2006. Pierre, Joique Bell, Chris Ivory, all came in, all got their shot. Detroit stole Bell away from the Saints' practice squad. Plain stole him. Just think of what a great RB could and would do with this offense. Ah. Well, we shall see, the Saints are also very very very much about locker room chemistry, faith, trust, team first, all that. They don't just suddenly ignore players like Ingram because they have a bad play or a bad game, they go back to them, they show the trust. On the other hand - well you know what's there, Ingram has failed, and Khiry looks awesome.

Hoping to see him get a series or two in against first teamers Monday night.

I'd like to think they might just give him Ingrams role and see what happens, but that is probably too much to ask for.

It's one of those picks that you just stash...khiry is going to slowly work his way into the offense over the course of the season. If he breaks out it will be around week 10

Isn't Cadet still ahead of him on depth chart ? While some think Cadet is more of Sproles' backup, he's about the same size as Robinson.

Cadet is 6'1" and 210 pounds while Robinson is 6'0" and 220 pounds. Does Cadet play smaller than his size ? I haven't seen much of either of them in game action so was just curious about this.

Isn't Cadet still ahead of him on depth chart ? While some think Cadet is more of Sproles' backup, he's about the same size as Robinson.

Cadet is 6'1" and 210 pounds while Robinson is 6'0" and 220 pounds. Does Cadet play smaller than his size ? I haven't seen much of either of them in game action so was just curious about this.
Cadet wasn't impressive in the preseason - 22 for 51 (2.3 YPC) - while Robinson was 49 for 228 (4.7 YPC). Both caught the ball well.

Each had two fumbles and one lost, worse in Cadet's case since he only had 22 carries.

Cadet wasn't impressive in the preseason - 22 for 51 (2.3 YPC) - while Robinson was 49 for 228 (4.7 YPC). Both caught the ball well.

Each had two fumbles and one lost, worse in Cadet's case since he only had 22 carries.
Cadet is not ready to be featured. He got outplayed in the preseason. A special teams player.

The one thing that gives me some pause here is that last week he didn't receive a carry until literally the last drive with about 4 mins left to ice the game. So even with Ingram out last week, and a big lead, it's not like they were really working him into the offense. Still, it could happen in the future.

The one thing that gives me some pause here is that last week he didn't receive a carry until literally the last drive with about 4 mins left to ice the game. So even with Ingram out last week, and a big lead, it's not like they were really working him into the offense. Still, it could happen in the future.
Baby steps. He looked good with those four carries and also in preseason. IF Ingram is phased out, Khiry will be phased in. We'll see if he can do more with the role.

And with those 4 carries, he has more yards on the season than Ingram with his 17 carries. I wouldn't read into the garbage time situation much. He made the team even with 4 guys supposedly ahead of him. They like him a lot and he saw action as soon as Ingram went sour, so that's right on schedule for what any of us expected. I doubt there's much value in redraft unless Pierre goes down, but plenty of dynasty upside.

What is it with the Saints scouts/GM and these undrafted RB wonders?? Pierre Thomas, Chris Ivory, Joique Bell, Travaris Cadet to a degree, and now Khiry Robinson.

It's mind-blowing that they ever felt the need to draft Mark Ingram in the 1st.

I'm intrigued. But he's still behind an un-tradeable Mark Ingram, healthy Pierre Thomas and Sproles in a pass happy offense.

I'm intrigued. But he's still behind an un-tradeable Mark Ingram, healthy Pierre Thomas and Sproles in a pass happy offense.
to be fair, one is ...just not good. PT is 29? Sproles 30? I agree with you on pass happy, but some potential is there. That being said, I have no idea if he can even catch the ball

Yeah I don't think that this hype train is full; steam ahead quite yet...now if they give him meaningful snaps this monday night, and he takes advantage of them...then there is a reason to get loco...

but rt now he's just a quiet stash at the end of your roster that is 100% droppable after monday night if nothing comes to fruition.

My struggle is that justin blackmon is sitting on the wire in my redraft league...ive toggled my finger over the drop button on khiry a few times already for him. I know jax is pitiful but he is the real deal as a wr and i can imagine him coming in there and giving a spark similar to what josh gordon gave the browns...

The next Arian Foster?
Highly unlikely. Houston runs a zone blocking scheme that allowed a nub like Steve Slaton to look good. I like Robinson to be a starter eventually, but I don't see the Saints ever focusing on the run like the Texans do.
I wouldn't go as far as Foster but we don't really know where the offense will be post-Sproles. Maybe they go out and find someone like Sproles to replace him in that role but I don't think it's that easy to do.

Yeah I don't think that this hype train is full; steam ahead quite yet...now if they give him meaningful snaps this monday night, and he takes advantage of them...then there is a reason to get loco...

but rt now he's just a quiet stash at the end of your roster that is 100% droppable after monday night if nothing comes to fruition.

My struggle is that justin blackmon is sitting on the wire in my redraft league...ive toggled my finger over the drop button on khiry a few times already for him. I know jax is pitiful but he is the real deal as a wr and i can imagine him coming in there and giving a spark similar to what josh gordon gave the browns...
I'm a big fan of Robinson in dynasty, but in redraft get Blackmon and it's not close.

I'm a big fan of Robinson in dynasty, but in redraft get Blackmon and it's not close.
Yeah thanks man you're rights. I own him for $1 in dynasty as a stash . Just dropped him in redraft for Blackmon.

Even if he gets ingram's role that's good for about 10 carried a game. Sproles and Thomas will still be in the mix.

After reading this thread I was intrigued and went to my dynasty and found him as a free agent. I also have Sproles. Time will tell, but hopefully I owe a big thank you to all the folks in this thread.

I also hold out a little hope for this year, lets remember that Sproles and Thomas aren't spring chickens by NFL standards, and they have been dinged up in the past. If one of them gets hurt this year this could kid could have flex appeal.

After reading this thread I was intrigued and went to my dynasty and found him as a free agent. I also have Sproles. Time will tell, but hopefully I owe a big thank you to all the folks in this thread.

I also hold out a little hope for this year, lets remember that Sproles and Thomas aren't spring chickens by NFL standards, and they have been dinged up in the past. If one of them gets hurt this year this could kid could have flex appeal.
##### you for wasting my time.... nothing to see here.
Except this guy

Except this guy
LOL

Except this guy
LOL
who is behind Toby Gerhart lol give me a break

That 's an awful analogy. Not only are you a raging ##### bag but you're also pretty bad at this.

I think Khiry is a nice stash in deeper leagues. He looked good in preseason action and looked good in mop up duty last week. Ingram is inept, Thomas seems to be chronically injured and Sproles is on the wrong side of 30. You could do much worse with a RB lottery ticket.

That 's an awful analogy. Not only are you a raging ##### bag but you're also pretty bad at this.

I think Khiry is a nice stash in deeper leagues. He looked good in preseason action and looked good in mop up duty last week. Ingram is inept, Thomas seems to be chronically injured and Sproles is on the wrong side of 30. You could do much worse with a RB lottery ticket.
Well this raging ##### bag thinks you are very wrong.... good luck with that.

Well this raging ##### bag thinks you are very wrong.... good luck with that.
You have any actual reasoning behind that?

Except this guy
LOL
Is this a trick question?

I read a little something about this guy in the Pierre thread and thought I'd take a peek. IMO, he really jumps off the screen. I nabbed him in a PPR dynasty league. He shows nice hands and a real nice start/stop ability in the MJD mold. If he gets touches on MNF, it will be wayyyyy too late.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzvqj8ACwU8

I read a little something about this guy in the Pierre thread and thought I'd take a peek. IMO, he really jumps off the screen. I nabbed him in a PPR dynasty league. He shows nice hands and a real nice start/stop ability in the MJD mold. If he gets touches on MNF, it will be wayyyyy too late.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzvqj8ACwU8
This video made me shed a tear, especially when the music got all emotional...but seriously, I do like his tenacity. You could do much worse with a deep league or dynasty stash.

Except this guy
LOL
If Peterson were worthless and Gerhart were injury prone and inching toward the twilight years, and the guy behind Gerhart came in and ran for 10 yards per carry, that would be a good question to know the answer to in dynasty.

"Who is Chris Ivory?"

"Who is Joique Bell?"

In Dynsaty Robinson is a steal grab him now. He has limited value at the moment at RB but remember they wanted Mark Ingram to be the short yardage and goal line guy so in a TD heavy league if Robinson does take Ingram's role he gets goal line looks on an offense that makes frequent trips to the red zone. You can do much worse.

I think I'm going to drop Emmanuel Sanders for him.

Deep PPR keeper. I'm 0-3 and loaded with a bunch of WR3 types already that I'd always start over Sanders anyway (Bowe, Shorts, Hilton, Givens). I need a lotto-ticket RB more than WR depth.

I know that's a cool story and all.

Does this guy have more value than Andre Ellington as a stash in a deep bench/redraft PPR league?
I prefer Ellington because his path seems a little more clear.

Long-term, maybe Robinson. Mendenhall's brittle, but still only 26, and AZ's backfield's pretty muddy too.

But I think we're talking about similar caliber lotto-tickets either way.

Users who are viewing this thread