What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Grade your team's draft from 2010 (1 Viewer)

Hooper31

Footballguy
Did this last year as well. Here's the link to the grades from the 2009 draft analysis thread after a three year period.

Instead of complaining that draft grades are pointless until three years, what say we choose to be productive?

If you wish to participate please include the following:

1. List of drafted players. LINK to DraftHistory.com

2. Players still with team

3. Starters

4. Potential future starters

5. Pro-bowls

6. Positives

7. Negatives

8. Grade

Seattle Seahawks 2010 draft

1.6 Russell Okung T Oklahoma State

1.14 Earl Thomas DB Texas

2.28 Golden Tate WR Notre Dame

4.13 Walter Thurmond DB Oregon

4.29 E.J. Wilson DE North Carolina

5.2 Kam Chancellor DB Virginia Tech

6.16 Anthony McCoy TE USC

7.29 Dexter Davis LB Arizona

7.38 Jameson Konz RB Kent State

Players still with team: 6

Starters: 4

Potential future starters: 1

Pro-bowls: 4

Positives: Okung and Thomas are obvious homeruns, but perhaps Chancellor in the 5th was a grand slam. Seattle just extended Bam Bam Kam for four years. He puts the BOOM in the legion of boom. Tate hasn't been the player that I thought he would be, but he's made enough big plays to justify the pick. There's still hope that Thurmond will be a serviceable corner if he can stay healthy, and McCoy has been a solid contributor.

Negatives: Hard to complain when you nail this many picks in one draft. Wilson and Davis have both suffered through injuries. Konz was just a big freaky athlete gamble. They even tried him at DE.

Grade: A

EDIT: Because I have a hard time counting to 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya, that Seahawks draft will be hard to beat, but the Bengals are up there.

Jermaine Gresham - 2 pro bowls in 3 years

Carlos Dunlap - Flashes of being a dominant pass rusher, but injuries have slowed him down

Jordan Shipley- A couple interesting games, but injury problems sent him packing

Brandon Ghee- Not much here

Geno Atkins- Toss-up with AJ Green for best player on the team. Absolute stud

Roddrick Muckelroy- Torn achilles right when he might have been a factor

Last 3 picks- Useless

Ouch. I looked back on the Bills 2010 draft and outside of Spiller, it looks like Nix came up pretty empty the rest of the way. Not exactly a banner 1st draft class for Buddy. I'll charitably give it a C.

Pittsburgh

Pouncey, C

Worilds, OLB

Sanders, WR

Gibson, LB

Scott, G

Butler, DB

Sylvester, LB

Dwyer, RB

Brown, WR

Worthington, DE

Starters: As of today 5. Will probably drop to 4 after a new RB is acquired.

Potential future starters: 0

Pro-bowls: 4(Pouncey 3, Brown 1)

Grade: B/B+, by and large due to Pouncey and Brown alone. Sanders stays healthy and produces, or if Dwyer does anything(unlikely) it could spike more. Gibson/Scott/Worthington were all misses, and Butler wasn't anything more than an okay teams guy. Sylvester can't stay healthy, and hasn't looked that great 11-on-11 outside of one TC, but he's been an ace on teams at times.

San Diego Chargers 2010 draft1.12 Ryan Mathews RB Fresno State3.15 Donald Butler LB Washington4.12 Darrell Stuckey S Kansas5.15 Cam Thomas DT North Carolina5.37 Jonathan Crompton QB Tennessee7.28 Dedrick Epps TE Miami (FL)Players still with team: 4Starters: 3Potential future starters: 0Pro-bowls: 1* (Mathews made Pro Bowl as alternate)

Positives: AJ Smith is gone. Donald Butler and Cam Thomas are emerging as solid if unspectacular players.Negatives: Ryan Mathews is a China doll. Crompton was released from the practice squad in September of 2010. Pretty sure Dedrick Epps served me a Happy Meal last week.Grade: D

Chicago Bears

Pick 75 - Major Wright

Pick 109 - Corey Wootton

Pick 141 - Josh Moore

Pick 181 - Dan Lefevour

Pick 218 - J'marcus Webb

Players still with team: 3

Starters: 3

We lost draft picks in this draft due to the trade for Jay Cutler. Wright, Wootton and Webb are all startable/serviceable guys for the team, but don't think you will expect any Pro Bowls by any of them.

The overall quality of this draft I give it a generous C-, but due to the fact there are 3 starters and from a team standpoint, this draft class should be given a C+ or maybe a B-.

Panthers

Honestly, not even worth listing anyone but Greg Hardy, who was a heck of a 6th round pick. I can't remember why, but they had no 1st round pick and Jimmy Clausen was their first pick in the 2nd round.

But hey, their incompetence in the 2010 draft helped them land Newton in 2011, so I'll give them a D+ for effort.

Round/Pick Player Position College1/20 Kareem Jackson Cornerback Alabama2/58 Ben Tate Running back Auburn3/81 Earl Mitchell Def tackle Arizona4/102 Darryl Sharpton Linebacker Miami (FL)4/118 Garrett Graham Tight end Wisconsin5/144 S. McManis Cornerback Northwestern6/187 Shelley Smith Offensive guard Colorado State6/197 T. Holliday Wide receiver LSU7/227 Dorin Dickerson Tight end PittsburghPlayers still with team: 5

Starters: 1

Pro-bowls: 0

Positives: Jackson started horribly, but now looks serviceable. Ben Tate looks pretty good when healthy. Earl Mitchell and Sharpton are role players, although I think they wanted to give Sharpton a starting job last year but he couldn't stay healthy and then didn't impress when he was healthy. Graham seems like a pretty decent #2 TE behind Daniels. I guess he could take over one day, but I'm not going to list him as a potential future starter.

Negatives: Nobody exceeded expectations of their draft picks.

Grade: B-

I wanted to give them a C, but I guess when your top 5 picks are still on the team it can't be that bad so I waffled between a B- and a C+. Either way, the fact that those 5 guys are still on our team might just mean that we are very stubborn and/or mediocre. Each of these guys would be very replaceable. If someone else wants to pay them when their contracts are up, we should let them.

I'd do the Rams in detail. But I can make it real easy. Bradford and the rest F-

2010 1 1 1 1 Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma 2 2 1 33 Rodger Saffold T Indiana 3 3 1 65 Jerome Murphy DB South Florida 4 4 1 99 Mardy Gilyard WR Cincinnati 5 5 1 132 Mike Hoomanawanui TE Illinois 6 5 18 149 Hall Davis DE Louisiana-Lafayette 7 6 1 170 Fendi Onobun TE Houston 8 6 20 189 Eugene Sims DE West Texas A&M 9 7 4 211 Marquis Johnson DB Alabama 10 7 19 226 George Selvie DE South Florida 11 7 47 254 Josh Hull LB Penn State

Packers1 (23) Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa2 (56) Mike Neal DT Purdue3 (71) Morgan Burnett S Georgia Tech5 (154) Andrew Quarless TE Penn State5 (169) Marshall Newhouse OT TCU6 (193) James Starks RB Buffalo7 (230) CJ Wilson DT East Carolina 7 picks7/7 still on the team3/7 starters Potential future starters....Neal if he could stay healthy and Quarless the same. Neal and Quarless have been hurt quite a bit. Newhouse starts, but probably shouldn't. Starks had his one shining moment in the Super Bowl run. Really the only starters are Bulaga at RT who has had his ups and downs. And Burnett at safety. This is saved by Sam Shields coming on in undrafted free agency and being a huge reason they won the SB that year. On draft alone...B- to C.Nothing of real impact there and even Bulaga has had his struggles.Health has played a major factor.If we count the undrafteds...Id move this up to a solid B to B+ with Shields in it.

Redskins

1.4 Trent Williams T Oklahoma

4.103 Perry Riley LB Louisiana State

6.174 Dennis Morris TE Louisiana Tech

7.219 Terrence Austin WR UCLA

7.229 Erik Cook G New Mexico

7.231 Selvish Capers T West Virginia

Players still with team: 2

Starters: 2

Potential future starters:
Pro-bowls: 1

Positives: Trent Williams has lived up to his high draft status, making the Pro Bowl in 2012. After being drafted in the 4th round, Perry Riley has stepped up as a solid starting ILB. Considering these were the Redskins only picks in the first 5 rounds, not bad.

Negatives: Players drafted in rounds 6 and 7 did nothing.

Grade: A.

1st rounder is a pro-bowler, 4th rounder is a starter. Considering lack of early picks that is about as good as it gets.

Patriots

1 (27) - Devin McCourty

2 (42) - Rob Gronkowski

2 (53) - Jermaine Cunningham

2 (62) - Brandon Spikes

3 (90) - Taylor Price

4 (113) - Aaron Hernandez

5 (150) - Zoltan Mesko

6 (205) - Ted Larson

7 (208) - Thomas Welch

7 (247) - Brandon Deaderick

7 (248) - Kade Weston

7 (250) - Zac Robinson

Players still with team: 7

Starters: 5

Obviously hit home runs with Gronk and Hernandez. McCourty had one excellent season at CB before falling apart completely at that position but now brings value as a starting safety. Spikes is a solid 2 down LB against the run. Cunningham has shown flashes but struggles to stay healthy. Mesko is a decent punter. Deaderick is a valuable rotation lineman.

San Diego Chargers 2010 draft1.12 Ryan Mathews RB Fresno State3.15 Donald Butler LB Washington4.12 Darrell Stuckey S Kansas5.15 Cam Thomas DT North Carolina5.37 Jonathan Crompton QB Tennessee7.28 Dedrick Epps TE Miami (FL)Players still with team: 4Starters: 3Potential future starters: 0Pro-bowls: 1* (Mathews made Pro Bowl as alternate)

Positives: AJ Smith is gone. Donald Butler and Cam Thomas are emerging as solid if unspectacular players.Negatives: Ryan Mathews is a China doll. Crompton was released from the practice squad in September of 2010. Pretty sure Dedrick Epps served me a Happy Meal last week.Grade: D
F+

First, 2009 was awful for the Broncos.<br /><br />2010 is a different story, but is marginalized by the diabolical stupidity of drafting Tebow.<br /><br />2010 1 1 22 22 Demaryius Thomas WR Georgia Tech<br />2 1 25 25 Tim Tebow QB Florida<br />3 2 13 45 Zane Beadles G Utah<br />4 3 16 80 J.D. Walton C Baylor<br />5 3 23 87 Erick Decker WR Minnesota<br />6 5 6 137 Perrish Cox DB Oklahoma State<br />7 6 14 183 Eric Olsen C Notre Dame<br />8 7 18 225 Syd'Quan Thompson DB California<br />9 7 25 232 Jammie Kirlew DE Indiana<br />

THIS INTERFACE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bucs

1st: McCoy, G

2nd: Price, B, Benn, A

3rd: Lewis, M

4 Williams, M

5th: N/A

6th Bowdwn, B

7th: Grimm, C, Watson, D, Lorig, E

Still with team: 6

Starters: 2 (I think)

Potential starters: Lorig maybe if you count FBs, maybe Watson

Pro Bowls: 1 (McCoy, 2012)

Positives: McCoy has struggled to stay healthy but played at a pro bowl level last year, Williams has been solid, found some contributors late in the draft

Negatives: If only Price hadn't been a bust/headcase and Benn had developed into a Welker clone

Grade: A-

Vikings

2.2 (34) - Chris Cook, CB - Virginia
2.19 (51) - Toby Gerhart, RB - Stanford
4.2 (100) - Everson Griffin, DE - USC
5.30 (161) Chris DeGeare, G - Wake Forest
5.36 (167) Nate Triplett, LB - Minnesota
6.30 (199) Joe Webb, QB - Alabama-Birmingham
7.7 (214) Mickey Shuler, TE - Penn St.
7.30 (237) Ryan D'Imperio, LB - Rutgers

Still With Team - 4/8
Starters - 1/8
Potential future starters - 1/8
Pro-Bowls - 0
Positives - Ummm.... Gerhart looks like he could be a decent player for some team somewhere. Cook and Griffin have some talent.
Negatives - Having to hear about Joe Webb. Chris Cook beats up his girlfriend but is still on the team.

Grade - C-

F+
Generous.

Did this last year as well. Here's the link to the grades from the 2009 draft analysis thread after a three year period.

Instead of complaining that draft grades are pointless until three years, what say we choose to be productive?

If you wish to participate please include the following:

1. List of drafted players. LINK to DraftHistory.com

2. Players still with team

3. Starters

4. Potential future starters

5. Pro-bowls

6. Positives

7. Negatives

8. Grade

Starters: 4

Positives: Okung and Thomas are obvious homeruns, but perhaps Chancellor in the 5th was a grand slam. Seattle just extended Bam Bam Kam for four years. He puts the BOOM in the legion of boom. Tate hasn't been the player that I thought he would be, but he's made enough big plays to justify the pick. There's still hope that Thurmond will be a serviceable corner if he can stay healthy, and McCoy has been a solid contributor.

Negatives: Hard to complain when you nail this many picks in one draft. Wilson and Davis have both suffered through injuries. Konz was just a big freaky athlete gamble. They even tried him at DE.

EDIT: Because I have a hard time counting to 1.
Still grade this draft a A, perhaps an A+. Lost Tate to FA this past offseason, but only because they couldn't afford to keep him with such a talented roster built through the draft.

Packers 1 (23) Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa 2 (56) Mike Neal DT Purdue 3 (71) Morgan Burnett S Georgia Tech 5 (154) Andrew Quarless TE Penn State 5 (169) Marshall Newhouse OT TCU 6 (193) James Starks RB Buffalo 7 (230) CJ Wilson DT East Carolina 7 picks 7/7 still on the team 3/7 starters Potential future starters....Neal if he could stay healthy and Quarless the same. Neal and Quarless have been hurt quite a bit. Newhouse starts, but probably shouldn't. Starks had his one shining moment in the Super Bowl run. Really the only starters are Bulaga at RT who has had his ups and downs. And Burnett at safety. This is saved by Sam Shields coming on in undrafted free agency and being a huge reason they won the SB that year. On draft alone...B- to C. Nothing of real impact there and even Bulaga has had his struggles. Health has played a major factor. If we count the undrafteds...Id move this up to a solid B to B+ with Shields in it.
Probably rate this lower now for sure.

Shields being undrafted was still probably the biggest hit.

Starks has come back on and earned another contract to be the #2 punch behind Lacy.

Neal turned into a better player than he was then.

Bulaga has been hurt every since...so hard to grade him very high.

Quarless gets more of a chance this year with Finley gone...but I think he will end up behind Bostick.

Burnett has been crap since Collins got hurt...maybe he changes with Ha Ha around.

Detroit Lions

Round Selection Player Position College

1 2 Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska

1 30* Jahvid Best RB California

3 66 Amari Spievey CB Iowa

4 128* Jason Fox OT Miami (FL)

7 213** Willie Young DE North Carolina State

7 255*** Tim Toone WR Weber State

Suh obviously has had a good - but not really all-time great/elite - career.

Moved up to take Best. Dynamic playmaker whose career was cut short. Of course the pre-draft concerns were precisely why other teams passed on him.

Spievey is out of the league. Young and Fox spent time as ineffective starters and have moved on to other teams. 10 mediocre years between them.

That's a lot of whiffs after the obvious first pick. This was Mayhew's second draft, and with the exception of 2013, mirrors his performance in the five plus years as GM.

D

Panthers

Honestly, not even worth listing anyone but Greg Hardy, who was a heck of a 6th round pick. I can't remember why, but they had no 1st round pick and Jimmy Clausen was their first pick in the 2nd round.

But hey, their incompetence in the 2010 draft helped them land Newton in 2011, so I'll give them a D+ for effort.
Giving up what became the 33rd pick of the 2011 draft to get Armanti Edwards was a pretty miserable decision.

No idea on a grade, but it's whatever the absolute lowest grade you can give to a draft where you get a Pro Bowl DE in the 6th is. A "Tin Cup" draft of sorts (2-3 horrible strokes and one great one can still make par). Maybe I'll call "par" a C- or D+ in this case.

Saints:

1. Patrick Robinson CB

2. Charles Brown LT

3. JIMMY GRAHAM TE

4. Al Woods

5. Matt Tennant

7. Sean Canfield

Players still with team: 2 (3 through 2013)
Past Starters: 3
Pro-bowls: 2 (both by Graham)

Positives: JIMMY GRAHAM, every game, every play he is in. Game changer. Pat Robinson has occasionally provided value, has started. Brown did start as well.

Negatives: Robinson has been oft injured, super fast with little play making ability, he is likely on the bubble this year. Brown was a disaster in his first year starting last year, was replaced by 2013 pick Armstead who was supposed to be a project; Brown is now with the NYG. Al Woods had promise, plays for the Steelers now but did zip with the Saints, didn't even make the regular season roster. Matt Tennant was a starter for the future who never progressed, is now out of NFL. Canfield was a statue with a powerful arm, let go after a year or two on the PS.

Passed on (after Robinson): Nate Allen, TJ Ward, Rob Gronkowski, Lamarr Houston. It's really incredible to think they could have had both Graham and Gronk, but they likely would have gone with only one TE anyway.

Grade: C - Caveat: With Graham (Without Graham the group would be a D+)

Packers: Not a great class. Nobody from this draft is a key player on the team right now. You could cut all of them and not really miss a beat to be honest. Bulaga and Starks are decent but unspectacular players. The rest are #### dudes.

1.23 Brian Bulaga - Not a great pick. Not bad but just hasn't had a first round type of career yet. Just hasn't stayed healthy. Best suited as a good but not great right tackle. (C+)

2.24 Mike Neal - Roider. Got bust and suspended. Now he's apparently a "linebacker" which doesn't mean much in Green Bay because outside of Matthews, all the backers suck. (C-)

3.7 Morgan Burnett - Play himself into a big extension and promptly laid an egg. I don't think he's more than a slightly below average finesse player. Won't stick his nose in for a tackle. (C-)

5.23 Andrew Quarless - One of about 15 interchanbeable tight ends who couldn't even sniff Finley's job no matter how many times he let the team down with an ill timed mistake. (C-)

5.38 Marshall Newhouse - 31 starts on a makeshift offensive line. Packers didn't want him back. (D+)

6.24 James Starks - Maybe the best player in this group. Hurt a lot but also propelled the team to a Super Bowl win. (B)

7.23 CJ Wilson - 3.5 Career sacks - now a Raider (F)

2010 1 1 23 23 Bryan Bulaga T Iowa 2 2 24 56 Michael Neal DT Purdue 3 3 7 71 Morgan Burnett DB Georgia Tech 4 5 23 154 Andrew Quarless TE Penn State 5 5 38 169 Marshall Newhouse G Texas Christian 6 6 24 193 James Stark RB Buffalo 7 7 23 230 C.J. Wilson DE East Carolina

This obviously was a great draft, but what's more is that the 2010 draft wasn't a very good one in general IMO, making it even that much better.

What you also see here is a coaching staff with a plan and philosophy that was actually ahead of the NFL curve.

Patriots

1 (27) - Devin McCourty

2 (42) - Rob Gronkowski

2 (53) - Jermaine Cunningham

2 (62) - Brandon Spikes

3 (90) - Taylor Price

4 (113) - Aaron Hernandez

5 (150) - Zoltan Mesko

6 (205) - Ted Larson

7 (208) - Thomas Welch

7 (247) - Brandon Deaderick

7 (248) - Kade Weston

7 (250) - Zac Robinson

Players still with team: 7

Starters: 5

Obviously hit home runs with Gronk and Hernandez. McCourty had one excellent season at CB before falling apart completely at that position but now brings value as a starting safety. Spikes is a solid 2 down LB against the run. Cunningham has shown flashes but struggles to stay healthy. Mesko is a decent punter. Deaderick is a valuable rotation lineman.
What a difference a year makes.

What a difference a year makes.
I think perspectives on all these grades will change quite a bit if bumped each year. I don't mean in 10 years. I'm just talking about two or three years. Makes you realize that the majority of player's careers are very short, and that tenure with a team for each player is also shorter than perceived.

The Eagles' 2010 and 2011 drafts were some of the suckiest sucks to ever suck

1.13 Brandon Graham - LB/DE

2.5 Nate Allen - S

3.22 Daniel Te'p Neshiem - De

4.7 Trevard Lindley - CB

4.23 Keenan Clayton - LB

4.24 Mike Kafka - QB

4.27 Clay Harbor - TE

5.3 Ricky Sapp - DE

5.28 Riley Cooper - WR

6.31 Charles Scott - RB

7.13 Jamar Chaney - LB

7.36 Jeffrey Owens - DT

7.37 Kurt Coleman - S

2. Players still with team - 3: Graham, Allen, Cooper

3. Starters - 2: Allen, Cooper

4. Potential future starters - 0

5. Pro-bowls - 0

6. Positives - Cooper finally showed some ability last year in Chip Kelly's offense and is really the lone bright spot of this draft, and not even that great of one. Allen seemed good in his first year, then got really bad, before seemingly working himself back in to a competent starting safety. Graham has occasionally shown flashes (mainly in late 2012), but does not seem to fit what the current coaching staff wants.

7. Negatives - Pretty much every other pick was completely useless. Chaney and Coleman were forced into starting roles at times and they certainly showed heart, but not so much talent. Harbor occasionally caught a pass and Clayton had a few moments on special teams. None of the rest really ever did a single thing in a regular-season game that I'm aware of.

8. Grade - D- : Tempted to go F despite Cooper's breakout, which was somewhat circumstantial, but I guess I have to give them marginal credit for that and Allen's persistence.

Panthers

Giving up what became the 33rd pick of the 2011 draft to get Armanti Edwards was a pretty miserable decision.

No idea on a grade, but it's whatever the absolute lowest grade you can give to a draft where you get a Pro Bowl DE in the 6th is. A "Tin Cup" draft of sorts (2-3 horrible strokes and one great one can still make par). Maybe I'll call "par" a C- or D+ in this case.
I forgot about this thread. Getting Hardy was nice, but losing pick #33 definitely puts a dent in it. Again, because it helped us get Newton, I can ignore the Edwards fiasco.

2010 was a 2-14 record and aside from that year, which got us Newton, the least amount of wins is 6 (the next year and Newton's rookie year) since 2001, so it was definitely one of those tank for Luck or tank for Duncan (NBA) one year deal that helps your team for the next 10+ years.

I'd do the Rams in detail. But I can make it real easy. Bradford and the rest F-

2010 1 1 1 1 Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma 2 2 1 33 Rodger Saffold T Indiana 3 3 1 65 Jerome Murphy DB South Florida 4 4 1 99 Mardy Gilyard WR Cincinnati 5 5 1 132 Mike Hoomanawanui TE Illinois 6 5 18 149 Hall Davis DE Louisiana-Lafayette 7 6 1 170 Fendi Onobun TE Houston 8 6 20 189 Eugene Sims DE West Texas A&M 9 7 4 211 Marquis Johnson DB Alabama 10 7 19 226 George Selvie DE South Florida 11 7 47 254 Josh Hull LB Penn State
Let's try this again with a little more seriousness.

1 1 1 1 Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma

2 2 1 33 Rodger Saffold T Indiana

3 3 1 65 Jerome Murphy DB South Florida

4 4 1 99 Mardy Gilyard WR Cincinnati

5 5 1 132 Mike Hoomanawanui TE Illinois

6 5 18 149 Hall Davis DE Louisiana-Lafayette

7 6 1 170 Fendi Onobun TE Houston

8 6 20 189 Eugene Sims DE West Texas A&M

9 7 4 211 Marquis Johnson DB Alabama

10 7 19 226 George Selvie DE South Florida

11 7 47 254 Josh Hull LB Penn State

Players still with team: 3

Starters: 2

Pro-bowls: 0

POSITIVES: Bradford. Sorry, but he's a positive. Go back and look at the roster from 2009 (the reason they were at the top of the draft to get Bradford) to 2011 (the year that set them up for the RG3 trade) and tell me what you think Brady or Manning would have done with that. That said, he could go from positive to negative if he doesn't stop getting injured. Saffold wasn't great at tackle but they finally found a home for him at guard and he looks pretty solid there. Mikey H is a decent TE. He won't stretch the field but he does all the dirty work a TE did 10 years ago and there's still a place for him in the league. Sims in the 6th round is a really good find, and the type the Rams used to let go in FA so they could go be good for someone else.

NEGATIVES: Pretty much everyone else. When the Rams strike out with a player, they do so in spectacular fashion. Mardy Gilyard is still hanging around the league, but if he couldn't crack the WR depth chart on the Rams, there's something wrong with him. Still don't know who that third round pick Jerome Whoever was and I don't care to look him up.

GRADE: C-

It's hard to give this draft a grade because so much comes down to Bradford, and on his fifth year in the league, he's still an almost unknown quantity. He had great metrics last year despite a horrible start in an ill-suited offense, but then got hurt. He struggled with a really inept lineup around him the first two years and still almost managed to win a division title (although it was the NFC West... but not the NFC West of today). But for all the grousing Rams fans do about how bad their drafts had been, this one actually produced a few players. Three of them survived The Purge of 2012, so that's something, right?

The Eagles' 2010 and 2011 drafts were some of the suckiest sucks to ever suck

1.13 Brandon Graham - LB/DE

2.5 Nate Allen - S

3.22 Daniel Te'p Neshiem - De

4.7 Trevard Lindley - CB

4.23 Keenan Clayton - LB

4.24 Mike Kafka - QB

4.27 Clay Harbor - TE

5.3 Ricky Sapp - DE

5.28 Riley Cooper - WR

6.31 Charles Scott - RB

7.13 Jamar Chaney - LB

7.36 Jeffrey Owens - DT

7.37 Kurt Coleman - S

2. Players still with team - 3: Graham, Allen, Cooper

3. Starters - 2: Allen, Cooper

4. Potential future starters - 0

5. Pro-bowls - 0

6. Positives - Cooper finally showed some ability last year in Chip Kelly's offense and is really the lone bright spot of this draft, and not even that great of one. Allen seemed good in his first year, then got really bad, before seemingly working himself back in to a competent starting safety. Graham has occasionally shown flashes (mainly in late 2012), but does not seem to fit what the current coaching staff wants.

7. Negatives - Pretty much every other pick was completely useless. Chaney and Coleman were forced into starting roles at times and they certainly showed heart, but not so much talent. Harbor occasionally caught a pass and Clayton had a few moments on special teams. None of the rest really ever did a single thing in a regular-season game that I'm aware of.

8. Grade - D- : Tempted to go F despite Cooper's breakout, which was somewhat circumstantial, but I guess I have to give them marginal credit for that and Allen's persistence.
Still blows, though maybe Graham will turn out to be an impact player yet.

This obviously was a great draft, but what's more is that the 2010 draft wasn't a very good one in general IMO, making it even that much better.

What you also see here is a coaching staff with a plan and philosophy that was actually ahead of the NFL curve.
It didn't have a marquee quarterback, sure. But it was a pretty solid draft class otherwise. Easily better than the past three IMO.

Packers...first 4 picks still with the team.

Neal coming on as a quality player...Bulaga finally having a healthy year and showing he is a very good RT.

Burnett is average but always looks much better when there is a competent safety on the other side from him.

Quarless is mostly just a guy.

Starks providing decent depth at RB behind Lacy.

And again, it still looks better based on the undrafted free agent pick up of Shields.

Users who are viewing this thread