What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CJ Spiller Historical Season (1 Viewer)

GroveDiesel

Footballguy
I'm not very good at running the stats stuff at Pro-football-reference so maybe someone else that is can run this, but I'm wondering how many player have rushed over 150 times in a season and averaged over 6.0 yards per carry? I don't think it's very many. Right now, Spiller is sitting at 6.5ypc on 161 carries. That's a ridiculous number. Over the last few decades, I think only some QBs have had over 50 carries and averaged over 6 yards per carry.

FWIW, RGIII has an outside shot at this too. He'd at 112 carries and averaging 6.7ypc which is ridiculous. But he needs 38 rushes over the last 2 games on a gimpy knee.

Adrian Peterson is also doing it this season and he has over 100 more carries. Excluding this season 7 have done it, 5 of 7 did it with over 230 carries.

Im sure gailey is not happy tonight

he does not believe the guy should get more then 10 touches a game

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not very good at running the stats stuff at Pro-football-reference so maybe someone else that is can run this, but I'm wondering how many player have rushed over 150 times in a season and averaged over 6.0 yards per carry? I don't think it's very many. Right now, Spiller is sitting at 6.5ypc on 161 carries. That's a ridiculous number. Over the last few decades, I think only some QBs have had over 50 carries and averaged over 6 yards per carry.FWIW, RGIII has an outside shot at this too. He'd at 112 carries and averaging 6.7ypc which is ridiculous. But he needs 38 rushes over the last 2 games on a gimpy knee.
There have been 4 times in history where an RB finished a season with 150+ carries and 6+ ypc. All four times, the RB didn't just top 150 carries, he topped 230.Barry Sanders- 335/2053 (6.13 per)OJ Simpson- 332/2003 (6.03 per)Jim Brown- 291/1863 (6.40 per)Jamaal Charles- 230/1467 (6.38 per)Peterson and Spiller are both poised to join that list this year, although Spiller's season is far closer to Mercury Morris (149/954, 6.40) than Sanders, Simpson, or Brown.

Adrian Peterson is also doing it this season and he has over 100 more carries. Excluding this season 7 have done it, 5 of 7 did it with over 230 carries.
What about the difference between 1st and 2nd on rushing leaders? Has anyone had a bigger lead on the 2nd place guy than AP will get this year? Especially if he tops 2K and even gets the all time record, will it additionally be the largest margin of "victory" for that stat?

What about the difference between 1st and 2nd on rushing leaders? Has anyone had a bigger lead on the 2nd place guy than AP will get this year? Especially if he tops 2K and even gets the all time record, will it additionally be the largest margin of "victory" for that stat?
Johnson had 590 yards more than second place Steven Jackson in 2009. That's the biggest margin I can remember in recent history.

Users who are viewing this thread