What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bryce Brown anything to see here? (1 Viewer)

Thumper

Footballguy
Is Brown worth a pickup?

It's not easy to predict how quickly a player will return from a concussion. Combine that with the fact that Phily is pretty much out of it and has no reason to rush McCoy back into action is there a chance Brown takes this job and runs with it? How good of a player is he?

Is Brown worth a pickup?

It's not easy to predict how quickly a player will return from a concussion. Combine that with the fact that Phily is pretty much out of it and has no reason to rush McCoy back into action is there a chance Brown takes this job and runs with it? How good of a player is he?
Go back a page or two.Try this one>>

My link

Or this one>>

My link

Is Brown worth a pickup?It's not easy to predict how quickly a player will return from a concussion. Combine that with the fact that Phily is pretty much out of it and has no reason to rush McCoy back into action is there a chance Brown takes this job and runs with it? How good of a player is he?
He has flashed some decent moves, I think he is a fairly solid pickup. I own McCoy and have waiver priority 1, I am def gonna burn my #1 waiver to pick him up. I foresee more screen passes in Phillys future (like we saw yesterday with McCoy racking up over 60 yards receiving). Low-end RB2/RB3 I think..... not much better options out there on waivers if you are in 10+ team leagues.

Is Brown worth a pickup?It's not easy to predict how quickly a player will return from a concussion. Combine that with the fact that Phily is pretty much out of it and has no reason to rush McCoy back into action is there a chance Brown takes this job and runs with it? How good of a player is he?
It's McCoy's first concussion I'm aware off so in these cases I don't recall a lot of players missing multiple weeks on the first concussion.So is Brown against Carolina worth a pickup? Sure it is relative to your options for starting RB's this week but he'll be running behind the same crappy OL as McCoy and he's not as talented as a receiver and McCoy's receiving has been the one thing that has prevented him from being a complete bust this year.As for taking the job and running with it, no how no way.I think it makes for a possible interesting dynamic if dynasty leagues if Brown can flash against Carolina. Both he and McCoy are young and both are locked in multi-year deals but a strong showing by Brown and you might consider (1) a new coach next year who is not as pass happy as Reid and who wants to establish more of a power running attack which would still not lead to McCoy losing his job but could lead to more of a rotation at the position or (2)Brown flashing so well that in what is categorized as a down year for draftable RB's another team see's value in making a trade for him and his dirt cheap contract but that same dirt cheap contract is something the Eagles no doubt cherish as well and you don't see a lot of RB trades in the NFL.

Well for one he is an Eagle so that is a downside right there since they don't know how to run the ball period.

Another downside is they don't know how to play a player to his strength.

Brown is a decent RB though. He seems like a between the tackles back, not much of a hit the corner and burn back. Basically he is the perfect compliment to McCoy...

Then again this is Reid we are talking about. Dude made his rookie QB chuck the ball 50 times in his first start & had McCoy running and trying to win the game down 25 with 2 minutes left in the game, Yet was subbing him & Brown constantly in the 1st 3 quarters...

Good luck lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Combine that with the fact that Phily is pretty much out of it and has no reason to rush McCoy back into action
Except that he's majorly on the hot seat and is fighting for his job down the stretch. He's not going to give McCoy extra rest for next year when he might not even be in Philly next year.

Well for one he is an Eagle so that is a downside right there since they don't know how to run the ball period.

Brown is a decent RB though. He seems like a between the tackles back, not much of a hit the corner and burn back. Basically he is the perfect compliment to McCoy...

Then again this is Reid we are talking about. Dude made his rookie QB chuck the ball 50 times in his first start & had McCoy running and trying to win the game down 25 with 2 minutes left in the game, Yet was subbing him & Brown constantly in the 1st 3 quarters...

Good luck lol
Bryce Brown isn't as quick and shifty as McCoy, but he's more powerful and I'd almost say he is as fast. I think he blocks better than McCoy as well, and if you've seen any Eagles games, you know how porous that line is. I'm not sure this is an audition for another team as much as it could be "holy crap, we have a 1a and 1b setup here at RB". Everyone wants to bag on Andy Reid for giving Brown carries and spelling McCoy more often...I think the "McCoy love" is blinding fans to the fact that Bryce Brown just could be "good enough to take carries away from McCoy". Don't forget that most of us had nearly the same number of carries as Bryce Brown did in college. But unlike him, we weren't thought to be more highly recruited than one Trent Richardson.

Good luck lol
Bryce Brown isn't as quick and shifty as McCoy, but he's more powerful and I'd almost say he is as fast. I think he blocks better than McCoy as well, and if you've seen any Eagles games, you know how porous that line is. I'm not sure this is an audition for another team as much as it could be "holy crap, we have a 1a and 1b setup here at RB". Everyone wants to bag on Andy Reid for giving Brown carries and spelling McCoy more often...I think the "McCoy love" is blinding fans to the fact that Bryce Brown just could be "good enough to take carries away from McCoy". Don't forget that most of us had nearly the same number of carries as Bryce Brown did in college. But unlike him, we weren't thought to be more highly recruited than one Trent Richardson.
I beg to differ.Don't let his size fool ya into thinking he isn't a burner.

He's got plenty of speed.

My link

... when Kansas State coach Bill Snyder agreed to let the 6-foot, 220-pound Brown work out at the Wildcats Pro Day in March and he ran a 4.37 in the 40, well, several teams, including the Eagles, were intrigued.

Bryce Brown is a damn good runningback. Its frustrating to see as a McCoy owner but brown is big, quick, fast and runs hard.

Here's some hyperbole for you-a bunch of his teammates early in training camp compared him and his abilities / running style to one Bo Jackson.

This is the same coach that had McCoy in the game down 25 pts with less than 2 minutes to go. When McCoy and Vick are cleared to play - they will be in there. Reid always plays to win the next game. He doesn't care what the situation is. He doesn't care how meaningless the game is - he never benches starters to look at the future.

Good luck lol
I beg to differ.Don't let his size fool ya into thinking he isn't a burner.

He's got plenty of speed.

My link

... when Kansas State coach Bill Snyder agreed to let the 6-foot, 220-pound Brown work out at the Wildcats Pro Day in March and he ran a 4.37 in the 40, well, several teams, including the Eagles, were intrigued.
I said he's FAST, but he isn't as Quick as Shady...you know...one of the QUICKEST backs in the NFL.....we are AGREEING here. :)

Bryce Brown is a damn good runningback. Its frustrating to see as a McCoy owner but brown is big, quick, fast and runs hard.

Here's some hyperbole for you-a bunch of his teammates early in training camp compared him and his abilities / running style to one Bo Jackson.
Shady himself said it too. This kid is the REAL DEAL

I say this will all do respect so don't take me for being a jerk, but most guys playing in the NFL today were just toddlers when Bo Jackson was in his prime...

I say this will all do respect so don't take me for being a jerk, but most guys playing in the NFL today were just toddlers when Bo Jackson was in his prime...
I know the late 80's were a long time ago, but they had the ability to record live footage, even back then.

Andy Reid post-draft praised how Bryce Brown could effortlessly catch the ball. Nick Foles leads to more potential dumpoffs, as evidenced by McCoy's 6 receptions (For as good as a ppr back he is, he was only averaging 3.8 catches per game before this past game). I think about 13-15 carries and 3-4 catches seems like a solid guideline for Brown, if McCoy is out. I hear talk that the Panthers improved their run D, but Forte had a 4.7 ypc, Morris had 5.85, McGahee had 4.0, and Martin had 5.75. I don't see any improvement. On 13-15 carries Brown could rack up around 60 yards, with another 20 in the passing game. 80 yards, 3 rec, and possibly a td (always a variable) could make for a nice week.

Any word on McCoy's status? I saw CBS Sportsline listed it as a "mild" concussion, which makes me think he could be available next week.

Any word on McCoy's status? I saw CBS Sportsline listed it as a "mild" concussion, which makes me think he could be available next week.
I'm not a concussion expert, but experiencing headaches some 24 hours after the hit does not seem mild to me:Coach Andy Reid said LeSean McCoy (concussion) still has a little headache as of Monday.

McCoy is in Stage 1 of the concussion protocol. Although his symptoms are not as severe as Michael Vick's were, it's hard to see McCoy playing in Week 12. The Eagles are 3-7 and will exercise extreme caution with their cornerstone back. Talented backup Bryce Brown should be at the top of waiver-wire lists this week. Nov 19 - 12:13 PM

Source: Geoff Mosher on Twitter

Eagles coach Andy Reid says he doesn't regret leaving LeSean McCoy in to get concussed with fewer than two minutes remaining in Sunday's 31-6 blowout loss to the Redskins.

Hindsight is 20:20 in situations like this, but the Eagles' decision making has consistently backfired for the last year and a half. "I don't regret it. It happened," Reid said. "Do I wish he wouldn't have been hurt? Yeah, I do. I wish he wouldn't have been hurt." As for McCoy's Week 12 status, Reid promises to "Just take it day by day. He's got a bit of a headache now." Nov 19 - 1:11 PM

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5168/lesean-mccoy

What would be the motivation for him to rush back? Or for the organization to push him to rush back? Season is essentially over, might as well see what Brown can do for you over the next few weeks and let McCoy rest up.

What would be the motivation for him to rush back? Or for the organization to push him to rush back? Season is essentially over, might as well see what Brown can do for you over the next few weeks and let McCoy rest up.
The fact that these guys are professionals and have pride in what they do?It's not like McCoy is a RB approaching the end of his career, and Reid and the Eagles need to see what they have in his heir apparent. He's a young RB who will not say "we aren't going to the playoffs, so I'll just milk this concussion so I don't have to play on Sundays." :no:

I'm not a concussion expert, but experiencing headaches some 24 hours after the hit does not seem mild to me:Coach Andy Reid said LeSean McCoy (concussion) still has a little headache as of Monday.

McCoy is in Stage 1 of the concussion protocol. Although his symptoms are not as severe as Michael Vick's were, it's hard to see McCoy playing in Week 12. The Eagles are 3-7 and will exercise extreme caution with their cornerstone back. Talented backup Bryce Brown should be at the top of waiver-wire lists this week. Nov 19 - 12:13 PM

Source: Geoff Mosher on Twitter

Eagles coach Andy Reid says he doesn't regret leaving LeSean McCoy in to get concussed with fewer than two minutes remaining in Sunday's 31-6 blowout loss to the Redskins.

Hindsight is 20:20 in situations like this, but the Eagles' decision making has consistently backfired for the last year and a half. "I don't regret it. It happened," Reid said. "Do I wish he wouldn't have been hurt? Yeah, I do. I wish he wouldn't have been hurt." As for McCoy's Week 12 status, Reid promises to "Just take it day by day. He's got a bit of a headache now." Nov 19 - 1:11 PM

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

Still experiencing headaches as of Wednesday:LeSean McCoy (concussion) is still feeling headaches Wednesday.

The signs on McCoy are not good. He's still in Phase 1 of the protocols and is behind the progress of teammate Michael Vick. The fact that "Shady" is still feeling symptoms three days after sustaining the blow suggests he has little chance to get cleared for Monday's game against the Panthers. Coach Andy Reid confirmed that Bryce Brown will start if McCoy is inactive.

Source: Geoff Mosher on Twitter Nov 21 - 12:18 PM

The fact that these guys are professionals and have pride in what they do?It's not like McCoy is a RB approaching the end of his career, and Reid and the Eagles need to see what they have in his heir apparent. He's a young RB who will not say "we aren't going to the playoffs, so I'll just milk this concussion so I don't have to play on Sundays." :no:
I don't doubt Shady's heart at all, but like you said, he is in the prime of his career right now. He knows this and the organization knows this. He's someone that they presumably want to hold onto for years to come. So again I ask what is the real motivation? Pride? I don't think that outweighs reality and practicability. Remember, this is an Eagles team who's last franchise RB was a top tier NFL talent that rushed back from a concussion too soon and was re-injured-effectively ending his career, even though he played in limited capacity for a couple more years. The Eagles are well aware of the potential perils of bringing back a concussed player. If they were playing for a playoff spot I could maybe see him coming back next Sunday night-but its no secret this team ain't making a playoff run.I'd be taken aback if Shady plays Monday and very surprised if he suits up against Dallas in two weeks. I might be wrong, but I don't think I am.

I don't doubt Shady's heart at all, but like you said, he is in the prime of his career right now. He knows this and the organization knows this. He's someone that they presumably want to hold onto for years to come. So again I ask what is the real motivation? Pride? I don't think that outweighs reality and practicability. Remember, this is an Eagles team who's last franchise RB was a top tier NFL talent that rushed back from a concussion too soon and was re-injured-effectively ending his career, even though he played in limited capacity for a couple more years. The Eagles are well aware of the potential perils of bringing back a concussed player. If they were playing for a playoff spot I could maybe see him coming back next Sunday night-but its no secret this team ain't making a playoff run.I'd be taken aback if Shady plays Monday and very surprised if he suits up against Dallas in two weeks. I might be wrong, but I don't think I am.
These guys are professional athletes, and as such, they have a great deal of pride/ego, whatever you want to call it. While the Eagles might want to "hold him out," if McCoy is cleared to play, I doubt he will accept that decision. That being said, I'd be shocked if he plays this week, but I'm expecting him to be back the week after.

This guy is Rashad Jennings 2.0, maybe worse with Foles at QB.
That's a stupid statement. He has no history to draw that conclusion. Eagles starting rb has been a good start no matter who in the Reid era. They still have good weapons at skill position to keep safeties away from 8 in a box. He is a good spot start in a year when people are still starting what would have been scrubs in past years hoping for a freak td because they split so much time

This guy is Rashad Jennings 2.0, maybe worse with Foles at QB.
That's a stupid statement. He has no history to draw that conclusion. Eagles starting rb has been a good start no matter who in the Reid era. They still have good weapons at skill position to keep safeties away from 8 in a box. He is a good spot start in a year when people are still starting what would have been scrubs in past years hoping for a freak td because they split so much time
:goodposting:

Drafted Bryce Brown with my last pick in Aug..... 12 Team PPR with 3 Vet Keeper & 1 Rookie Keeper

Dropped him after Week 4..... picked him back up 2 weeks ago..... dropped Sat to pick up to make room to NYG TE M Bennett in a trade.

Got outbid....

Drafted Bryce Brown with my last pick in Aug..... 12 Team PPR with 3 Vet Keeper & 1 Rookie Keeper Dropped him after Week 4..... picked him back up 2 weeks ago..... dropped Sat to pick up to make room to NYG TE M Bennett in a trade. Got outbid....
Cool story

Philly rookie RB Bryce Brown gets the start Monday Night.

My link

Bryce Brown overcomes unique path to the NFL, has chance to make a splash

... the rookie running back is preparing for his first start since 2008. In front of a national TV audience, no less.

... Brown is expected to get a bulk of the carries when the Philadelphia Eagles host Carolina on Monday night.

... He’s a smart kid and he’s a good player, so that’s impressive,” coach Andy Reid said. “It looks like he’s more comfortable in the offense every week. He’s doing a nice job in pass protection. That wasn’t his thing when he first came here. He’s doing better there. Better recognition of the blitzes. Then, he’s a patient runner, and then when he goes, he goes and he goes hard. He’s a big body. A physical player.”

Brown has shown flashes of his potential in a limited role behind McCoy. He has 141 yards rushing and is averaging 4.4 yards per carry. His 40-yard run in a loss to New Orleans on Nov. 5 is the longest for Philadelphia this season.

I haven’t had more than five carries in a game, so it’s hard to get in a rhythm,” Brown said. “Rhythm comes when you get more carries. The more you’re on the field, the more you get a feel for the game.”

... The 6-foot, 220-pound Brown has speed and strength. He ran a 40-yard dash in 4.37 seconds at his pro day last year, but wasn’t invited to the NFL scouting combine.

All that’s in the past now. He’s got his chance on a big stage.

“I’m thankful,” Brown said. “Opportunity comes and now I have to take advantage of it.”

Kid has got skills. I hope they give him a healthy load this Monday night. If they do, I see a big night for him. Could see 125/1 as a pretty attainable stat line.

Kid has got skills. I hope they give him a healthy load this Monday night. If they do, I see a big night for him. Could see 125/1 as a pretty attainable stat line.
I'm starting Brown and I hope you're right but I think your expectations for attainable may be a tad high. :) McCoy hasn't rushed for 125 yards in a game this season (although he did have 123) and he's only topped 100 yards rushing three times. I'm hoping for at least 70 yards rushing and 3-4 receptions for 15-20 yards. If he gets a TD I'll consider that a bonus.

It would be nice to see Reid/Mornhinweg adapt the game plan to match the talent on the field. Not to mention the Panthers are below average against both the run (19) and the pass (17). They have to come out running.I agree with your stat line IF they don't abandon the run in the 1st quarter.

Starting him over any RB in the Giants backfield and any RB in the Steeler backfield... "with confidence". Oh and ahead of Beanie Wells and Lance Ball...like that matters.

'packersfan said:
'unckeyherb said:
I'm starting Brown and I hope you're right but I think your expectations for attainable may be a tad high. :) McCoy hasn't rushed for 125 yards in a game this season (although he did have 123) and he's only topped 100 yards rushing three times. I'm hoping for at least 70 yards rushing and 3-4 receptions for 15-20 yards. If he gets a TD I'll consider that a bonus.
I'm fairly confident that Reid/Marty will run him quite a bit, actually. Foles can't be expected to throw 50 times, even though they tried last week. They had no issue running Brown throughout the year in key situations before (much to the chagrin of shady owners), so they obviously trust him. Carolina sucks against the run. 125/1. Kids gonna make a name for himself Monday night.

Users who are viewing this thread