What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeremy Maclin (1 Viewer)

SameSongNDance

Footballguy
I've always said Maclin, as a possession receiver with speed, would fare better with a true pocket passer under center. Last week, Maclin was reception-less until Foles entered the game in the 2nd half, catching 8 balls on 12 targets for 93 yards and a TD. Sadly, Maclin's status for this week is up in the air due to a lower back strain, but he's played through injuries for a majority of the season with varying results. He was a shaky WR2 and more like a flex with Vick under center, but looks to have WR1 upside with Foles in PPR leagues. If Maclin does play, where would you rank him?

the foley canoli that is his new nickname courtesy of swc had radar lock on maclin it was like foley canoli was a coming of age regular joe and maclin was a girl who just needed a makeover to unleash her beauty in a crappy 1980s movie where they have a music montage and repair a boat or something and they were in the gym druing a high school dance and some song by peter setera was playing and the rest of the world melted away and they just had eachother so hopefully they both play next week because who does not like a sequel look how good karate kid 2 was with kumico and sato bam right there take that to teh bank brohans

the foley canoli that is his new nickname courtesy of swc had radar lock on maclin it was like foley canoli was a coming of age regular joe and maclin was a girl who just needed a makeover to unleash her beauty in a crappy 1980s movie where they have a music montage and repair a boat or something and they were in the gym druing a high school dance and some song by peter setera was playing and the rest of the world melted away and they just had eachother so hopefully they both play next week because who does not like a sequel look how good karate kid 2 was with kumico and sato bam right there take that to teh bank brohans
As a Maclin owner, I'm looking forward to the sequel. :excited:

I've always said Maclin, as a possession receiver with speed, would fare better with a true pocket passer under center. Last week, Maclin was reception-less until Foles entered the game in the 2nd half, catching 8 balls on 12 targets for 93 yards and a TD. Sadly, Maclin's status for this week is up in the air due to a lower back strain, but he's played through injuries for a majority of the season with varying results. He was a shaky WR2 and more like a flex with Vick under center, but looks to have WR1 upside with Foles in PPR leagues. If Maclin does play, where would you rank him?
:goodposting: On the inverse side of the equation, as a DJax owner, I have always noticed that when Vick is out, DJax's numbers drop. Some of those used to go to Celek - but I can also see (and have seen) Maclin's numbers bump up when Vick is out. I am too lazy to look up the actual historical accuracy of those stats, but I believe they bear that out for the most part.

I've always said Maclin, as a possession receiver with speed, would fare better with a true pocket passer under center.
I've felt this way since week 2 of last season, the week he had his best statistical game. Kafka came in around the midway point of the 4th quarter and in just over half a quarter he has 5 catches for 63 yards and a TD. This got me to go back and look at some of this other games without Vick and most were pretty good. That being said comparing what he did in 2009 and 2010 is not really fair to Maclin since he was a first and second year player who has grown since. Still, he was solid.In 2009, his rookie year, Kolb was the primary QB for his second and third game. Maclin was weak statistically 6 passes for 45 yards and no TD's combined in the two games. But this was his second and third game of his career and first game action for Kolb.In 2010 Kolb was the primary QB for 4 games that Maclin got significant playing time. The first one Maclin was horrible but I can't recall if he was healthy that week. The previous week he did not get a target after the third quarter and in this game he was only targeted twice and not until the third quarter. He only ended up one catch for 15 yards but not sure he was healthy and also Kolb did not start the game but came on in relief of Vick near the start of the second quarter. After this game the next 3 games with Kolb starting were pretty strong. 6/95, 7/154/2, 5/42. I think Vick is an ideal QB for someone like Desean Jackson but from the limited games I've seen Maclin can perform a lot better with a QB other than Vick.Still despite my opinion that Maclin's numbers should spike with a pocket passer I'd not been in a rush to acquire him for future years. To me he's become the Joseph Addai of the NFL. That guy who almost every week has some kind of injury that looks incredibly severe and usually involves him rolling around on the ground or exiting to the locker room for what usually turns out to be mild or one game injury at most. Not only does that cause me great consternation but the only thing worse than a constantly injured player is a player who constantly leaves games early. I think he'll be fine this week, back won't keep him out. I'd start him where I had him and just hope he makes it all 4 quarters.

Last edited by a moderator:
it looks more and more like foley canoli will be the man this week so i would bump maclin up a bit but do not get crazy or anything i mean d shawn jacson gave him an ugly int so i bet that sticks in the old canolis craw and he does not look at him as much as maclin and one more thing every time i say maclni it makes me think of macdonalds does anyone else get that i vote that we nickname him grimmace or fry guy that would be pretty awesome because almost no one would be crafty enough to understand and so if you filthydelfia guys are at a party and watching the game and foles passes to maclin for a td you could say canoli to the fry guy bam and everyone would be like wtf but you would know and maybe someone else in the room would too and then bam cue the 80s music and do the drum technique brohans take that to the bank

it looks more and more like foley canoli will be the man this week so i would bump maclin up a bit but do not get crazy or anything i mean d shawn jacson gave him an ugly int so i bet that sticks in the old canolis craw and he does not look at him as much as maclin and one more thing every time i say maclni it makes me think of macdonalds does anyone else get that i vote that we nickname him grimmace or fry guy that would be pretty awesome because almost no one would be crafty enough to understand and so if you filthydelfia guys are at a party and watching the game and foles passes to maclin for a td you could say canoli to the fry guy bam and everyone would be like wtf but you would know and maybe someone else in the room would too and then bam cue the 80s music and do the drum technique brohans take that to the bank
:thumbup:

I vote fry guy since all the catches can be fries in the little pack. Then you can say he just got super sized with foley canoli in the kitchen and fry guy drops one you can say canoli put too much grease on that one or he used canoli oil instead of vegetable oil.

I vote fry guy since all the catches can be fries in the little pack. Then you can say he just got super sized with foley canoli in the kitchen and fry guy drops one you can say canoli put too much grease on that one or he used canoli oil instead of vegetable oil.
brohan i like the cut of your jib on that one take that to the bank

Jeremy Maclin (back) said he will play in Sunday's game against the Redskins.

Maclin, known to be a little overdramatic about injuries, never appeared to be in any real danger of missing Week 11. He was able to finish out last week's loss and participated in Wednesday's walkthrough. Maclin will be a WR3 candidate even with Nick Foles under center Sunday.
I guess Rotoworld is behind the curve? Maclin will be a WR3 "even" with Foles under center? It should read more like, "Maclin will be a solid WR2 against a bottom three pass defense, especially with Nickes Foles under center." Oh well.

I have been a big Maclin fan but you are out of your mind;) Rookie Qb (and not a very good one) behind an atrocious O-line, are you kidding? Kills Maclin's value if he had any for this year.I'm really starting to get frustrated with him always being banged up. He's getting to be like Nicks.

I have been a big Maclin fan but you are out of your mind;) Rookie Qb (and not a very good one) behind an atrocious O-line, are you kidding? Kills Maclin's value if he had any for this year.I'm really starting to get frustrated with him always being banged up. He's getting to be like Nicks.
Look at how rookie QBs have been able to perform this year and the last. I don't seriously believe that's a legitimate argument anymore. Foles is a #### ton more accurate than Vick ever was and it's not even close. He makes better reads and actually goes through his progressions. Whoever his first read turns out to be, which very much looks to be Maclin, will benefit. Did you watch the game after Foles came in? He was targeting Maclin like a mad man (37.5% of his pass attempts went to Maclin). I think it probably has something to do with Maclin being the most complete WR on the team.

Well I just put in a trade offer (Andre Roberts, hm, meh, we'll see) for him, what the heck. Hope is: injury + rook QB, with high upside as flyer vs poor WAS defense = reason to trade for Team B + possible high upside for me.

So which Eagle is Peter Setera again? Reid?

So which Eagle is Peter Setera again? Reid?
brohan you are messed up the eagles guy was don henely and there best song with him was boys of summer or little tin god take that right to the bank mr bromagi

Maclin caught a lot of passes last week, but almost all were in garbage time when the Cowboys were playing a very soft zone. He did have the TD pass on busted coverage and he made a sweet one-handed catch on a really crummy throw by Foles, but there were a lot of dump offs.. Dump offs are great, but it's hard to bank on those every week. I'm weighing starting him in one league this week, gonna be a tough call. I'm afraid Celek and McCoy will get more looks this week on the checkdowns while they send the WRs down the field.

Maclin caught a lot of passes last week, but almost all were in garbage time when the Cowboys were playing a very soft zone. He did have the TD pass on busted coverage and he made a sweet one-handed catch on a really crummy throw by Foles, but there were a lot of dump offs.. Dump offs are great, but it's hard to bank on those every week. I'm weighing starting him in one league this week, gonna be a tough call. I'm afraid Celek and McCoy will get more looks this week on the checkdowns while they send the WRs down the field.
Foles & the Eagles might be looking at a lot of garbage time.Garbage time points count too.

'SaintsInDome2006 said:
Well I just put in a trade offer (Andre Roberts, hm, meh, we'll see) for him, what the heck. Hope is: injury + rook QB, with high upside as flyer vs poor WAS defense = reason to trade for Team B + possible high upside for me.
I'm sure the Maclin owner leapt at that offer immediately. Maybe you could throw in Malcolm Floyd and Early Doucet too!

'SaintsInDome2006 said:
I'm sure the Maclin owner leapt at that offer immediately. Maybe you could throw in Malcolm Floyd and Early Doucet too!
Ha, actually he did.Feeling positive.

'SaintsInDome2006 said:
Wow...I don't understand why anyone would possibly accept that trade. There are plenty of WR's just like Roberts available on the wire (in fact, Roberts is a FA in my 12-teamer). What does he possibly gain by giving up Maclin?

Foles & the Eagles might be looking at a lot of garbage time.Garbage time points count too.
I hear you, but vs the mediocre Redskins it's hard to say. I don't think he's a bad play in PPR, but the TDs may be tough to come by.

Wow...I don't understand why anyone would possibly accept that trade. There are plenty of WR's just like Roberts available on the wire (in fact, Roberts is a FA in my 12-teamer). What does he possibly gain by giving up Maclin?
Something screwy happened here, this was my original reply and it disappeared:
In another league someone was trying to get me trade for him (which I didn't) so I guessed the owner in this other league might be anxious to trade him too. Probably figured he was trading high after one decent game. He's doing very well for one thing, Maclin was on his bench. Two, he was sick of him, injuries and poor scores 2/3's of the year. Three, Vick out, Foles in, probably worried. Technically in our league [0.5 PPR] Roberts shows up higher or better in the yearly scoring. And tonight's the end of trading, it's our deadline and he may have just wanted to do a trade. I'm guessing that's it, I threw a line out he bit. It's no sure thing rest of year from my angle either...
Apparently I was completely taken in this trade - Roberts vastly outperformed Maclin. 1/12/0 vs 0/0/0.I watched a good bit of this game. I think I saw Maclin on tv regardless of being involved in a play literally just once today.

Foles has looked better. Maclin gets targets. Tb d worst against pass. Where do we see him today. Legit wr2?

Also given Brown's fumblitis and TB's run D, you have to expect lots of passes today, right? Maclin could be a hot playoff start. I mean if you can't play him today, when will you, right?

Foles has looked better. Maclin gets targets. Tb d worst against pass. Where do we see him today. Legit wr2?Also given Brown's fumblitis and TB's run D, you have to expect lots of passes today, right? Maclin could be a hot playoff start. I mean if you can't play him today, when will you, right?
I'd call him a Boom/Bust WR 3, although in non-PPR leagues I probably wouldn't give him that much. Good matchup, but Foles has still hasn't connected much with Maclin yet. Eagles need to do a better job of finding ways to get Maclin the ball. He's gathering splinters for me today.

Foles has looked better. Maclin gets targets. Tb d worst against pass. Where do we see him today. Legit wr2?Also given Brown's fumblitis and TB's run D, you have to expect lots of passes today, right? Maclin could be a hot playoff start. I mean if you can't play him today, when will you, right?
Starting him over Blackmon. I agree....could be in for a big week. I see shootout.

I'm so afraid to start Maclin in the playoffs, he's just as likely to not catch a single pass as he is to get 8 and a TD.

Rotoworld:

Jeremy Maclin expects to be more involved in the offense under new coach Chip Kelly.
"I'm going to be honest, the last offense was geared to the position that [DeSean Jackson] played," Maclin said. "D-Jack and I were able to complement each other, and it worked well. But that's just how the offense was tailored." Maclin has never topped 1,000 yards in a season in his four years, but there's good reason to be optimistic he'll do it this year. He's entering the final year of his contract, and the Eagles are going to run one of the quickest, up-tempo offenses in the league.

Source: CSN Philly

Rotoworld:

Jeremy Maclin expects to be more involved in the offense under new coach Chip Kelly.
"I'm going to be honest, the last offense was geared to the position that [DeSean Jackson] played," Maclin said. "D-Jack and I were able to complement each other, and it worked well. But that's just how the offense was tailored." Maclin has never topped 1,000 yards in a season in his four years, but there's good reason to be optimistic he'll do it this year. He's entering the final year of his contract, and the Eagles are going to run one of the quickest, up-tempo offenses in the league.

Surprised there wasn't more discussion about this. Maclin suffered from a) an offense that got the ball to DJax more, b) a QB who has terrible accuracy - hi Michael Vick! He was more successful post-Vick last year, which isn't really surprising. To me, his ability to thrive this year is almost 100% dependent on whether or not Vick wins the starting job. If Vick gets it....Maclin is good for 800 yds & 5 TDs. If Foles wins the job, Maclin's upside could easily be 1100+ yards, 8+ TDs.

Rotoworld:

Surprised there wasn't more discussion about this. Maclin suffered from a) an offense that got the ball to DJax more, b) a QB who has terrible accuracy - hi Michael Vick! He was more successful post-Vick last year, which isn't really surprising. To me, his ability to thrive this year is almost 100% dependent on whether or not Vick wins the starting job. If Vick gets it....Maclin is good for 800 yds & 5 TDs. If Foles wins the job, Maclin's upside could easily be 1100+ yards, 8+ TDs.
Even if Vick wins it, I still expect Maclin's numbers to improve. If Vick wins it, that means his accuracy and decisiveness is good enough for Chip. I don't think he'll be quite 1100+ but I don't understand why Jackson is ahead of Maclin in most rankings. I guess injuries are a valid concern but I think Jackson will struggle in the new offense. I also think Maclin will be more valuable in PPR formats.

Rotoworld:

Even if Vick wins it, I still expect Maclin's numbers to improve. If Vick wins it, that means his accuracy and decisiveness is good enough for Chip. I don't think he'll be quite 1100+ but I don't understand why Jackson is ahead of Maclin in most rankings. I guess injuries are a valid concern but I think Jackson will struggle in the new offense. I also think Maclin will be more valuable in PPR formats.
I agree with all of this - and I am a DJax owner. I think DJax's best days are, unfortunately, behind him. He did well enough to be a borderline WR1 at times under the previous regime and with Vick at QB (both of which I think helped DJax more than Maclin). I think the Maclin should be a decent WR2 this season - while DJax slips to a WR3.

Sandeman said:
Maclin's a considerable talent. One of the most underrated, thus-far underutilized, receivers in the league.
seems to be hurt a lot. needs to stay healthy.

Rotoworld:

Jeremy Maclin does not seem inclined to sign a contract extension right now.
Pulling a Joe Flacco is so en vogue right now. Maclin is entering the final year of his rookie contract, but reportedly "believes his value will ascend this season." Considering the 2009 first-rounder has never had a 1,000-yard campaign and is consistently nicked up, holding off on a new contract is probably the correct play. The best he could do right now is something like the Mike Williams deal (six-years, $40.25 million with $15 million guaranteed).

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News

a lot of defenders are going to be trying to be tacklin macklin while he is rasslin pastem take that to banklin brohanlin that is a little poetry for you all courtesy of the old swcer right there brohans bam

I like how Maclin and Avant played with Foles.
I think he's one of best pickups right now because if Foles starts he'll be a PPR beast. Last year he had three 20+ point games after Foles took over.
Yea I don't think a lot of people noticed that. Foles spread the ball around making more recievers relevant and looked for Maclin when plays broke down. I think DJax works with Foles(or any QB) too, but who knows where his head is in a contract year.

Another really deep sleeper is Cooper. Foles didn't mind putting him in jumpball situations or letting him box smaller cb out for 1st downs. Supposedly Chip Kelly likes recievers who block well. If that's true than Cooper is one to watch in deep leagues. But he can be cut from what I'm hearing.

YIKES!!! Hope this is not serious, Maclin taken off on cart.

Les Bowen@LesBowen2m
Obviously non contact injury. No contact here. Witnesses say Maclin took a step off line, went down.

Geoff Mosher@GeoffMosherCSN3m
Maclin had to be helped off the cart and had his arms around the medical assistants to keep from putting weight on the leg.

Jordan Raanan@JordanRaanan4m
Jeremy Maclin went off field on cart with towel over head. Not good. #Eagles

Cindy Boren@CindyBoren3s
Eagles injury... RT @ZBerm: Maclin goes in on cart. Towel over his face. Peters came over to support him. Looks like right ankle."

Ben Volin@BenVolin1m
RT @Jeff_McLane: Jason Peters came over and tapped on the leg as Jeremy Maclin was carted off. Does not look good.

Harvin (maybe) crab maclin. This class of wrs is dropping like flies. Nicks & Wallace stay healthy please

Users who are viewing this thread