What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dwayne Allen (IND) (1 Viewer)

SameSongNDance

Footballguy
Recent news has come out that Coby Fleener will be out for at least the next two weeks, possibly more.

Colts TE Coby Fleener (shoulder) will be out at least two weeks.

Fleener sustained a subluxation, or partial dislocation, of his left shoulder in last week's win over the Titans. He won't need surgery, but the Colts will be cautious as they wait for the joint to tighten back up. Fellow rookie Dwayne Allen will be on the TE2 radar in Week 9 as he picks up a couple more targets from Andrew Luck.
If you're going to be without Gronk or Davis this week, instead of looking at a guy with a high floor but no ceiling to speak of like Myers or someone unproven, fighting for action like Logan Paulsen, I'd advise you to grab Allen.Allen was already the RZ option over Fleener but wasn't getting many looks in between the 20s. I spoke in a thread dedicated to TEs how they were hurting each others value. That's about to change, at least for the next couple of weeks. Let's see how a single TE on this team would have been utilized and produced in a perfect world.

(Name followed by targets and production)

Week 1

Fleener - 10 - 6/82/0

Allen - 0 - 0/0/0

Combined - 10 - 6/82/0

Week 2

Fleener - 4 - 2/16/0

Allen - 2 - 1/3/0

Combined - 6 - 3/19/1

Week 3

Fleener - 2 - 0/0/0

Allen - 6 - 5/35/0

Combined - 8 - 5/35/0

Week 5

Fleener - 9 - 5/41/0

Allen - 5 - 4/28/1

Combined - 14 - 9/69/1

Week 6

Fleener - 6 - 4/42/0

Allen - 4 - 2/33/0

Combined - 10 - 6/75/0

Week 7

Fleener - 2 - 2/17/0

Allen - 2 - 1/9/0

Combined - 4 - 3/26/0

Week 8

Fleener - 3 - 2/24/0

Allen - 5 - 4/56/0

Combined - 8 - 8/80/0

I'm not saying 100% of Fleener's targets and production with swing over to Allen, because on average, it won't. These stats do however reflect how often Luck looks towards his TEs. This week IND faces MIA who's actually disallowed a single TE to score on them. They however, haven't really played anyone of real merit since O.Daniels in week one and have given up the 11th most receptions to the position. I'll use Myers as a benchmark, because he's so easy to predict, but I'll say Allen has a very similar floor this week but a much higher ceiling. If you're in a pinch and are looking for a TE, Allen is your guy.

Recent news has come out that Coby Fleener will be out for at least the next two weeks, possibly more.

Fleener sustained a subluxation, or partial dislocation, of his left shoulder in last week's win over the Titans. He won't need surgery, but the Colts will be cautious as they wait for the joint to tighten back up. Fellow rookie Dwayne Allen will be on the TE2 radar in Week 9 as he picks up a couple more targets from Andrew Luck.
If you're going to be without Gronk or Davis this week, instead of looking at a guy with a high floor but no ceiling to speak of like Myers or someone unproven, fighting for action like Logan Paulsen, I'd advise you to grab Allen.Allen was already the RZ option over Fleener but wasn't getting many looks in between the 20s. I spoke in a thread dedicated to TEs how they were hurting each others value. That's about to change, at least for the next couple of weeks. Let's see how a single TE on this team would have been utilized and produced in a perfect world.

Week 1

Fleener - 10 - 6/82/0

Allen - 0 - 0/0/0

Combined - 10 - 6/82/0

Week 2

Fleener - 4 - 2/16/0

Allen - 2 - 1/3/0

Combined - 6 - 3/19/1

Week 3

Fleener - 2 - 0/0/0

Allen - 6 - 5/35/0

Combined - 8 - 5/35/0

Week 5

Fleener - 9 - 5/41/0

Allen - 5 - 4/28/1

Combined - 14 - 9/69/1

Week 6

Fleener - 6 - 4/42/0

Allen - 4 - 2/33/0

Combined - 10 - 6/75/0

Week 7

Fleener - 2 - 2/17/0

Allen - 2 - 1/9/0

Combined - 4 - 3/26/0

Week 8

Fleener - 3 - 2/24/0

Allen - 5 - 4/56/0

Combined - 8 - 8/80/0

I'm not saying 100% of Fleener's targets and production with swing over to Allen, because on average, it won't. These stats do however reflect how often Luck looks towards his TEs. This week IND faces MIA who's actually disallowed a single TE to score on them. They however, haven't really played anyone of real merit since O.Daniels in week one and have given up the 11th most receptions to the position. I'll use Myers as a benchmark, because he's so easy to predict, but I'll say Allen has a very similar floor this week but a much higher ceiling. If you're in a pinch and are looking for a TE, Allen is your guy.
I'm with you on this. There are more recognizable names on my waiver wire this week, but I'll bid less and hopefully land Allen.

Wow, this is interesting...

Fleener week 1 was the only really worthy start, since then bupkis.

But if Allen gets all those stats then maybe that's something.

I've been considering Allen this week, but I would have expected the Allen + Fleener totals to be higher. Pretty paltry. Is he any better of a bet than guys like Greg Olsen, Gresham, or Myers that might also be available? Not sure, really.

Be interesting to see if Weslye Saunders gets worked into the mix at all.

Arians snagged him just as quick as Pitt cut him and the kid's got talent.

I've been considering Allen this week, but I would have expected the Allen + Fleener totals to be higher. Pretty paltry. Is he any better of a bet than guys like Greg Olsen, Gresham, or Myers that might also be available? Not sure, really.
I agree they are rather paltry, but still, if they were one player in a perfect world he'd be averaging 8.5 targets, 5.7 receptions and 55 yards a week. This logic failed when applied to Olsen with Shockey out of the picture, but then again, no one took into account the regression of Newton. This change in Allen's value is happening mid year so these cumulative stats can be applied more safely.However, I would absolutely not roll with Allen over Olsen and Gresham, who play WAS (giving up 2nd most points to TEs) and DEN (giving up 3rd most points to TEs) respectfully this week. Myers however has a horrible match up, and like I said, has the the same floor as Allen but a lower ceiling due to the lack of RZ targets.
Be interesting to see if Weslye Saunders gets worked into the mix at all.Arians snagged him just as quick as Pitt cut him and the kid's got talent.
I know nothing about him aside from the scouting reports I just read haha. Apparently he indeed talented. He's bigger and faster than Allen (6'5, 270, 4.72 40-yard dash compared to 6'3, 255, 4.89 40 yard dash). It may take him a minute to get acclimated to the system though. By the time that happens, Fleener might be back.

Any thoughts on Allen over the next two weeks over some other mid-range TE options that have tailed off of late like Pitta and Rudolph?

Be interesting to see if Weslye Saunders gets worked into the mix at all.Arians snagged him just as quick as Pitt cut him and the kid's got talent.
I know nothing about him aside from the scouting reports I just read haha. Apparently he indeed talented. He's bigger and faster than Allen (6'5, 270, 4.72 40-yard dash compared to 6'3, 255, 4.89 40 yard dash). It may take him a minute to get acclimated to the system though. By the time that happens, Fleener might be back.
Yeah he's only viable as the longest of longshots in the deepest of deepest leagues.I'm still pissed Pitt decided to cut him and keep Leonard Pope.I don't know what the underlying issues are, but the kid is a smooth athlete with good hands. Gives Indy a really nice trio moving forward.

Week 1

Fleener - 10 - 6/82/0

Allen - 0 - 0/0/0

Combined - 10 - 6/82/0

Week 2

Fleener - 4 - 2/16/0

Allen - 2 - 1/3/0

Combined - 6 - 3/19/1

Week 3

Fleener - 2 - 0/0/0

Allen - 6 - 5/35/0

Combined - 8 - 5/35/0

Week 5

Fleener - 9 - 5/41/0

Allen - 5 - 4/28/1

Combined - 14 - 9/69/1

Week 6

Fleener - 6 - 4/42/0

Allen - 4 - 2/33/0

Combined - 10 - 6/75/0

Week 7

Fleener - 2 - 2/17/0

Allen - 2 - 1/9/0

Combined - 4 - 3/26/0

Week 8

Fleener - 3 - 2/24/0

Allen - 5 - 4/56/0

Combined - 8 - 8/80/0

:goodposting: Although i have little use for this as my te position is fairly set. I appreciate the info presented here. I don't follow indy very closely and would not have noticed the combined numbers or potential for allen. One of the rare posts anymore worth reading.

My gut is telling me to start him over Rudolph and Tamme, but I just can't pull the trigger. Miami has some tough corners, but they're susceptible in coverage at LB and safety.

In the end I bet he stays on my bench because I'd like to see one Fleener-less game before throwing him in the lineup. We'll see how I feel Sunday morning.

I would start Allen over both Tamme and Rudolph. He is just as good a redzone target as Rudolph but will also get involved between the 20s. Tamme is to inconsistent with Dreesen around. Allen has been used a lot to block this year but I think they're going to keep Saunders in and send Allen out on routes a lot this week. His speed/size combo makes him a very tough cover for LBs or DBs. I'd compare him to a slightly slower Vernon Davis with better hands.

And I'm not just preaching about Allen I'm acting on it. I'm sick of Celek in one league and even though he's playing the Saints I'm starting Allen over him this week. I'm thinking Luck ends up throwing 45 times this week and Allen finished with something around a 6/70/1 stat line. He has a pretty high floor (especially PPR) and very high ceiling with Fleener out.

Allen is a great start this week against the Dolphins and should receive a lot of targets. He could have a big day.

My gut is telling me to start him over Rudolph and Tamme, but I just can't pull the trigger. Miami has some tough corners, but they're susceptible in coverage at LB and safety.

In the end I bet he stays on my bench because I'd like to see one Fleener-less game before throwing him in the lineup. We'll see how I feel Sunday morning.
Exactly.

Snagged him off waivers this week in light of my Celek/Rudolph committee becoming unstartable. Hoping he can turn into my 2010 Tamme.

With Hernandez on bye this week, I am taking a chance with Allen. He is likely not going to get his targets plus the targets that Fleener used to get. However, he should get a couple of targets more than usual. For those of us desperate for a TE this week, Allen is as good as any other desperation play.

With Hernandez on bye this week, I am taking a chance with Allen. He is likely not going to get his targets plus the targets that Fleener used to get. However, he should get a couple of targets more than usual. For those of us desperate for a TE this week, Allen is as good as any other desperation play.
I think he will finish the week as a top 12 play. Nabbed him in one league off WW, starting over Robert Housler/Scott Chandler.

Tempted to start him over Myers in 2 leagues but haven't pulled the trigger yer. One league is non-PPR and Myers doesn't have any TD's yet so thinking there's a greater chance for Allen to snag one.

So glad I added Allen yesterday and dropped Myers.

I am a Gronkowski and Luck owner in a dynasty league. That will factor into my decision to keep or drop Allen this week.

How are you guys feeling about him this week. He may need to step in for O.Daniels for me. The targets/reception/yards were encouraging last week. If he can top them off with a TD he'd be golden.

Got him out there in 2 leagues (where I completely whiffed on TEs - Finley and Rudolph :wall: )

I think his ROS upside is capped with Fleener eventually coming back, but like him for a week or two fill-in.

May still prefer Paulsen's situaiton ROS though...

Got him out there in 2 leagues (where I completely whiffed on TEs - Finley and Rudolph :wall: )I think his ROS upside is capped with Fleener eventually coming back, but like him for a week or two fill-in.May still prefer Paulsen's situaiton ROS though...
Agreed, and it figures that Myers would grab two TDs against a top 3 defense (against the TE) the week I say his ceiling is non existent. I swear those had to be his first two RZ targets of the year.Word is Fleener's injury will keep him sidelined for a bit more time so in the mean time I think Allen will continue to make for a low-end TE1 play.

'SameSongNDance said:
How are you guys feeling about him this week. He may need to step in for O.Daniels for me. The targets/reception/yards were encouraging last week. If he can top them off with a TD he'd be golden.
I'm faced with the same dilemma and running out of time to pull the trigger. Daniels didn't practice today and is listed as a GTD.

i wish he played sunday so i could wait on hernandez but alas i fear a donut from that spy fink belichek so Allen it is tonight. Gulp.

'SameSongNDance said:
I'm faced with the same dilemma and running out of time to pull the trigger. Daniels didn't practice today and is listed as a GTD.
I started Allen. I can't risk it, there's no one else with nearly as much upside as Allen on my WW if Daniels doesn't go.

I read on CBS that the Jags are very good at defending the tight end.....that has me a little turned off. I recently dumped Martellus Bennett and picked up Myers - considering switching out for Allen, but that blurb has me second guessing.

I read on CBS that the Jags are very good at defending the tight end.....that has me a little turned off. I recently dumped Martellus Bennett and picked up Myers - considering switching out for Allen, but that blurb has me second guessing.
They give up the fewest amount of fantasy points to TE's... but it's so low, like 4.4, the numbers are just dying for a huge outlier. I think he doubles that at least.

they havent faced many good tight ends this year

Yeah he's running routes, hasn't seen any targets yet. Looks like Jags LB's are blanketing him, and Jags secondary blows. Looks like starting him over Celek is gonna completely backfire.

Nice play on the 27 yarder, and the TE screen had potential for a HUGE play if Allen hadn't been tripped by the half-hearted arm tackle around the shin. I was a bit surprised he just dove after that instead of trying to regain his balance and run... blocks were set up for a 20+ yard gain.

Hey - no worse than Rudolph's been giving me. I've basically been winning with a black hole at TE.

Can't wait for Paulsen to get off his bye... :bag:

Nice play on the 27 yarder, and the TE screen had potential for a HUGE play if Allen hadn't been tripped by the half-hearted arm tackle around the shin. I was a bit surprised he just dove after that instead of trying to regain his balance and run... blocks were set up for a 20+ yard gain.Hey - no worse than Rudolph's been giving me. I've basically been winning with a black hole at TE.Can't wait for Paulsen to get off his bye... :bag:
Yeah, he's more of a matchup play but I think will be solid as half of my committee with Celek. He kicked ### for me last week against Miami. And he scored twice as many points as my opponent's TY Hilton :)

Gronk owner looking heavily at Dwayne Allen as the 1-week play in Week 12 over Mercedes Lewis, Dallas Clark, Dennis Pitta, and Tony Moeaki.

Don't know if Coby Fleener will be back to steal TE targets from Dwayne Allen. Mercedes seems do-or-die on TD catches. Clark, was that a 1-week wonder? Pitta was hot, but now he has cooled off. Doesn't this make Allen the logical choice in a logical game?

Gronk owner looking heavily at Dwayne Allen as the 1-week play in Week 12 over Mercedes Lewis, Dallas Clark, Dennis Pitta, and Tony Moeaki.Don't know if Coby Fleener will be back to steal TE targets from Dwayne Allen. Mercedes seems do-or-die on TD catches. Clark, was that a 1-week wonder? Pitta was hot, but now he has cooled off. Doesn't this make Allen the logical choice in a logical game?
I would not hesitate to start him this week.

Gronk owner, picked up Finley off waivers. Should I try to pick up Allen and start him this week or is Finley a safe bet against my Giants?

Users who are viewing this thread