What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hankerson time? (1 Viewer)

shadyridr

Footballguy
Garcon hurt

playing a dreadful secondary

just got named starter

had a big game last year before getting hurt

had a long td last week

id say add him now before the ww rush next week

I've been debating picking him up as my week 3 stopgap. My concern is that him and Robinson pretty much split snaps last week. I'm about to go all in though.

Where do you see he was named starter???
Zac Boyer of the Fredericksburg Free Lance-Star considers Leonard Hankerson "very likely" to replace Pierre Garcon (foot, doubtful) as the Redskins' starting X receiver Sunday against the Bengals.We'd recommend to pick up Hankerson pretty promptly. Garcon isn't going to play, and it appears "Hank Time" has surpassed Aldrick Robinson on the depth chart. In the Shanahans' offense, the X receiver is Robert Griffin III's first read on the majority of passing plays. The Bengals have been dreadful in the secondary through two games. Hankerson caught a 68-yard touchdown pass last Sunday against the Rams and is a sleeper for an out-of-nowhere big Week 3.

I'm also projecting a shoot out this week.

It's going to be a bad secondary vs. an even worse secondary.

WAS has no pass rush now and got lit up by NO and STL.

CIN made Flacco and Weedan look like Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boldly I cut Garcon for Hank tonight, boldly.
wow, there was no way to keep both?
I won't go through my lineup choices but yes I have others, lesser names, I can cut, I'm just getting the feeling this thing with Garcon is going to last and last and last. I was high on him before the year, it was amazing what he did in the first 10 plays or so vs the Saints, but I hate dead wood on a roster and I would not be surprised if Hankerson excels. I am trying like hell to trade Garcon to no avail.

I'm also projecting a shoot out this week. It's going to be a bad secondary vs. an even worse secondary.WAS has no pass rush now and got lit up by NO and STL.CIN made Flacco and Weedan look like Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady.
Washington's D actually looked good against NO(considering how good of an offense they have). The Saints converted two 4th downs for touchdowns in the 4th quarter or else the game never would've been close.Obviously they looked horrible last week though, and the injuries don't help at all.

I'm also projecting a shoot out this week. It's going to be a bad secondary vs. an even worse secondary.WAS has no pass rush now and got lit up by NO and STL.CIN made Flacco and Weedan look like Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady.
Washington's D actually looked good against NO(considering how good of an offense they have). The Saints converted two 4th downs for touchdowns in the 4th quarter or else the game never would've been close.Obviously they looked horrible last week though, and the injuries don't help at all.
Yeah WAS looked really good week 1. I believe they were able to get to Brees a couple times though. Without Orakpo and Carriker, I'm expecting Dalton to have a bit more time in the pocket.

I like him now more than I did Ramses before last night, but then again I didn't particularly like Ramses before last night. :unsure:

I'm not a big Hankerson fan, but there's opportunity here and in redraft that's what you're looking for.

Boldly I cut Garcon for Hank tonight, boldly.
wow, there was no way to keep both?
I won't go through my lineup choices but yes I have others, lesser names, I can cut, I'm just getting the feeling this thing with Garcon is going to last and last and last. I was high on him before the year, it was amazing what he did in the first 10 plays or so vs the Saints, but I hate dead wood on a roster and I would not be surprised if Hankerson excels. I am trying like hell to trade Garcon to no avail.
You're not the only one. I had McFadden last year so this is already feeling like deja vu all over again to me. At the least, hearing "similar to turf toe" is not great. You go back and watch that attempt to tackle him on the TD and it looks like absolutely nothing. Crazy.

Is he worthless when Garçon returns?
i think theres a small chance garcon is hampered all year by this. but even if he comes back healthy, who knows? pick up now, ask questions later
This. and then some.With all the WR injuries swirling about, this guy's as good a spec as one can get .... that is one mofo leaky secondary the Bengals are trotting out there, and Hank hit a long one last week. The early week WW darlings (Hartline/Avery) can't match the upside of potentially being RGIII's main threat. For THIS week, he looks to be a very nice start ... and with the bye weeks looming, he could prove to be one hell of a filler, especially if Garcon is hurt more than we know at this time. BUY. :banned:

I am sure Monday morning someone will bump this but it seems like an Andre Brown perfect storm situation. Add that Morgan is probably in the doghouse for his stupidity, and I am really high on him this week.

I am sure Monday morning someone will bump this but it seems like an Andre Brown perfect storm situation. Add that Morgan is probably in the doghouse for his stupidity, and I am really high on him this week.
Yeah I was looking for a stopgap originally but I think this is more than that..Let's face it, with-out a serious pass rush, WAS is more than likely going to be in a lot of shootouts in the near future (I'll say it again, sell Morris). This coupled with the fact that Garcon's foot woes seem to be more serious than we originally thought and I'm going to want whoever RG3 locks in on in the next couple of weeks. If Hank is going to be RG3's first read when he's going through his progressions, he will hold some real value, that's a fact.

Just snagged him in 3/6 leagues. Of the 3 I didn't get him, two would require a waiver to be used. I'm interested in him, but I'm not crazy

The other one I'd have to cut one of these for him.

Cam Newton

Julio Jones

Dez Bryant

Percy Harvin

C.J. Spiller

Michael Bush

Jimmy Graham

Garrett Hartley

New York Jets

Eric Decker

Darren McFadden

Trent Richardson

Steven Ridley

Robert Griffin III

Martellus Bennett

Decker is the only one I'd even remotely consider. Could anyone here honestly pull the trigger on that?

Definitely the best upside situation of WW WRs out there right now. I picked him up as end of bench flier. I think he could quickly elevate up himself to wr36 Torrey Smith territory. Nice bye week guy or high risk high reward flex starter on a team top heavy with starting talent but no depth.

Just snagged him in 3/6 leagues. Of the 3 I didn't get him, two would require a waiver to be used. I'm interested in him, but I'm not crazy The other one I'd have to cut one of these for him. Cam NewtonJulio JonesDez BryantPercy HarvinC.J. SpillerMichael BushJimmy GrahamGarrett HartleyNew York JetsEric DeckerDarren McFaddenTrent RichardsonSteven RidleyRobert Griffin IIIMartellus BennettDecker is the only one I'd even remotely consider. Could anyone here honestly pull the trigger on that?
wow thanks for the update chief!

I'm having a hard time deciding between him, Pitta, Hartline, or picking up Hawkins/Robinson for my flex spot in a PPR...

I think he could be a nice WR3 play this week, he went off last year when he got a shot to play and RG3 is much better than what the Redskins had last season. Foot injuries can be tricky, so who knows how long Garcon will be out.

I'm trotting Hank Time out as a W/T Flex option this week in my 16-team league.

Starting him ahead of Cobb in the Monday nighter (return yardage counts here) and Britt (still hands off of the Tenny O until they bother to show up for a game).

Skins fan so I had high hopes for Hankerson, but I haven't seen it. He looks awfully slow and clumsy for the smooth WR I was expecting. He didn't look so smooth catching that bomb from RG3 and his being open seemed more like facing a rookie in coverage than great route running. Call me skeptical.

Now for a 1 week pickup, I'd recommend him highly. The bottom line is that the X receiver in Shanhan's offense is getting the ball. Take Garcon's 1 quarter and then Aldrick Robinson's next 5 quarters and you've got >200 yards receiving on 13 targets. If Robinson doesn't drop that deep ball vs St Louis it would be closer to 250 yards in 2 games. RG3 throws a great deep ball.

Skins fan so I had high hopes for Hankerson, but I haven't seen it. He looks awfully slow and clumsy for the smooth WR I was expecting. He didn't look so smooth catching that bomb from RG3 and his being open seemed more like facing a rookie in coverage than great route running. Call me skeptical. Now for a 1 week pickup, I'd recommend him highly. The bottom line is that the X receiver in Shanhan's offense is getting the ball. Take Garcon's 1 quarter and then Aldrick Robinson's next 5 quarters and you've got >200 yards receiving on 13 targets. If Robinson doesn't drop that deep ball vs St Louis it would be closer to 250 yards in 2 games. RG3 throws a great deep ball.
Good post. I do remember him bobbling that deep ball a bit. I think all of us are just fawning over the opportunity + the match-up here.

Skins fan so I had high hopes for Hankerson, but I haven't seen it. He looks awfully slow and clumsy for the smooth WR I was expecting. He didn't look so smooth catching that bomb from RG3 and his being open seemed more like facing a rookie in coverage than great route running. Call me skeptical. Now for a 1 week pickup, I'd recommend him highly. The bottom line is that the X receiver in Shanhan's offense is getting the ball. Take Garcon's 1 quarter and then Aldrick Robinson's next 5 quarters and you've got >200 yards receiving on 13 targets. If Robinson doesn't drop that deep ball vs St Louis it would be closer to 250 yards in 2 games. RG3 throws a great deep ball.
I am glad you posted this. I know nothing about Hankerson but saw his catches in that game and thought the same thing. I expected him to be more fluid but he appeared to be more lumbering. Small sample size for me though.

What about Aldrick Robinson?

How does he fit into this mix compared to Hankerson?

Should one be THE guy, or is it a toss up between them?

thanks for this post. i wouldnt want it getting lost between all the ### #### AC posts

I'm trotting Hank Time out as a W/T Flex option this week in my 16-team league.Starting him ahead of Cobb in the Monday nighter (return yardage counts here) and Britt (still hands off of the Tenny O until they bother to show up for a game).
im so happy for you
Starting him this week over Welker.
thanx, i needed to know wgat YOU were doing
think I will start him over Benson in my PPR work league, this is a tough call
cool story brah

I'm trotting Hank Time out as a W/T Flex option this week in my 16-team league.Starting him ahead of Cobb in the Monday nighter (return yardage counts here) and Britt (still hands off of the Tenny O until they bother to show up for a game).
im so happy for you
cool story brah
Actually all 3 of those you highlighted right there had useful info in them.Also I start this guy over that guy works as a gauge for others to think about.While your post had nothing to add or think about. Great use of the forum space.

im so happy for you
cool story brah
Dude. You're making it worse.

Good points Kegger.

I have been looking at hankerson but I'm not sure I trust him to be "the man". But RGIII is gonna sling the ball all over the place and the bengals d is suspect.

Decker is the only one I'd even remotely consider. Could anyone here honestly pull the trigger on that?
I wouldn't cut anybody on that team, including Decker. Decker may have been a little disappointing so far, but cutting him for an unknown seems like an overreaction.

im so happy for you
cool story brah
Nah, I disagree. These schmucks never learn unless you do things of the sort. The Mods allow too much of people posting in the wrong forum, I do not see a problem with letting them know it. Also, most of the people who do it, know they are posting in the wrong forum, but do not care.NO ONE IN THIS THREAD OR FORUM CARES ABOUT ANYONES TEAM. It does not matter how you word it, if you are asking who to cut, sit, bench or start, you are asking for advice.

Starting him ahead of Cobb in the Monday nighter (return yardage counts here) and Britt (still hands off of the Tenny O until they bother to show up for a game).
im so happy for you
cool story brah
Nah, I disagree. These schmucks never learn unless you do things of the sort. The Mods allow too much of people posting in the wrong forum, I do not see a problem with letting them know it. Also, most of the people who do it, know they are posting in the wrong forum, but do not care.NO ONE IN THIS THREAD OR FORUM CARES ABOUT ANYONES TEAM. It does not matter how you word it, if you are asking who to cut, sit, bench or start, you are asking for advice.
Actually NONE of those posts were asking for advice. They were telling you WHO they were benching in favor of Hankerson this week. In a topic that was started to discuss the value of Hankerson, I find this kind of input useful.

im so happy for you
cool story brah
Actually NONE of those posts were asking for advice. They were telling you WHO they were benching in favor of Hankerson this week. In a topic that was started to discuss the value of Hankerson, I find this kind of input useful.
Exactly, These guy's "trying" to post as forum mods are making things worse.

If there is no useful info in someones post it will just get ignored.

(posting about it just makes even more non useful posts, doesn't help)

I'm trying to get a handle on these players worth, people stating who

there playing them over helps to get a feel for what others values are.

--

After reading a few, I dropped Santana Moss, grabbed Hankerson to put in

over Randy Moss on a depleted roster in 1 league, Had I known about him I

may have played him over Lafell as well..

im so happy for you
cool story brah
Exactly, These guy's "trying" to post as forum mods are making things worse.

If there is no useful info in someones post it will just get ignored.

(posting about it just makes even more non useful posts, doesn't help)

I'm trying to get a handle on these players worth, people stating who

there playing them over helps to get a feel for what others values are.

--

After reading a few, I dropped Santana Moss, grabbed Hankerson to put in

over Randy Moss on a depleted roster in 1 league, Had I known about him I

may have played him over Lafell as well..
:goodposting: I also find it useful when people mention who they are starting over or dropping for or what someone went for in trade. It helps you gauge the general real market value of player vs VBD econ values.

Obviously would you drop him for x or should I start y or z are pure ach but responding to chastise in public is not the answer.

I actually instead of doing that DMd a poster who had a clear ACH post as I saw he had a low post count and basically recommended he edit the post and gave a quick rundown on forums both for his benefit but moreso, I told him, for the benefit of the thread as it useful but would soon be derailed and lo and behold.

Anyway the post by the skins fan was interesting and kind of jives with my general thoughts of hankerson. Here's more an opportunity play and less of a pure talent play. Unlike say a lamar miller who I think is a talent play who just needs an opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread