What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rod Streater (1 Viewer)

DeaLerZ

Footballguy
Carson Palmer believes rookie WR Rod Streater is a "special" player."He's a player," Palmer said. "He didn't come in like he's an undrafted rookie; he doesn't play like he's a rookie. He's special. He's special. And that's pretty obvious." Streater already has 18 receptions in three preseason games after tallying just 19 for Temple all of last season. He's emerged as a viable late-round flier with Denarius Moore's (hamstring) Week 1 status in question. Aug 28 - 2:37 PM
Rod Streater had five receptions for 56 yards in the Raiders' third preseason game.Streater started with Denarius Moore (hamstring) and Jacoby Ford (foot sprain) sidelined, and was targeted more than Darrius Heyward-Bey. Streater is up to a ridiculous 18 catches for 165 yards through three preseason games, seeing 23 targets. Fifth-round pick Juron Criner finished Saturday's exhibition contest with 115 yards and two touchdowns against Lions backups. Aug 25 - 10:15 PM
i keep seeing news about this guy.. really considering grabbing him as a late round flier.. what are everyone's thoughts on this guy? especially those of you who have seen him play?Is he really going to be part of the game plan with all the talent they have at WR

Last edited by a moderator:
All the talent that the Raiders have at WR is usually on the sideline injured. That means Streater will get a chance this season. He is worth drafting as a late round flyer.

Took him in the very last round of our draft last night. At the very least it didn't cost much to put him on the bench for now to see what he does.

Was he putting up these preseason numbers with Palmer or 1 of the backups playing against scrubs though?
He has seen a lot of time with Moore and DHB out. He has played with all untis but seemed like the majority of it was with the 2's.He looks the part. He appears to have that something about him but I would really temper expectations. When the real team is out there, I don't know how he can get up the pecking order against DMAC, Moore, and DHB consistently and from what I've seen the Raiders are having some issues with passing turnovers. IF Palmer were to be benched or hurt, I think Streater's value with Captain Check-down would be neutered.But, again, he looks like a guy that deserves to be in the NFL. I just don't like the situation all that well.

If you guys are talking dynasty you should be clear about that in this thread.

Streater is almost undraftable in your standard redraft league.

This thread should be merged with the other "Streater Bandwagon thread", no? and i agree if we are talking redraft i wouldnt touch him but dynasty thats where he could be GOLD

Anyone bidding on him in FAAB leagues? Curious what his perceived value is at the moment.
In our $200 FA Blind Bid dyno league, after 2nd pre-season week, there were bids of $15 and $12 put on him. The $15 bidder had him ranked 2nd on list and got his first, so I got him for $12.

I don't trust any receiver on the Raiders, and haven't for years. It's been a very good strategy. Stats don't mean squat if you don't have the player in your lineup the week they go off. Louis Murphy, DHB, D. Moore, J Ford - the list goes on and on. superstar preseasons followed by highly unpredictable production during the season. Honestly, do you EVER feel good with one of these types in your lineup? Streater just adds to the list

I don't trust any receiver on the Raiders, and haven't for years. It's been a very good strategy. Stats don't mean squat if you don't have the player in your lineup the week they go off. Louis Murphy, DHB, D. Moore, J Ford - the list goes on and on. superstar preseasons followed by highly unpredictable production during the season. Honestly, do you EVER feel good with one of these types in your lineup? Streater just adds to the list
But with which QBs? For years Palmer kept two WRs in good standing fantasy wise. If two WRs can separate themselves watch out.

But with which QBs? For years Palmer kept two WRs in good standing fantasy wise. If two WRs can separate themselves watch out.
:goodposting:

exactly.We are not talking about Jam Russell, or Jason Campbell.Big Difference.

I submit Jason Campbell had a better arm than Carson Palmer does now. Newsflash - Carson looked very iffy at the end of his tenure in Cincy and he showed NOTHING when he got to OAK last year to prove anything different to me. With SeaBass's injury and Bush out of town the only guy worth owning on that team (or at least starting) is DMac.

I submit Jason Campbell had a better arm than Carson Palmer does now. Newsflash - Carson looked very iffy at the end of his tenure in Cincy and he showed NOTHING when he got to OAK last year to prove anything different to me. With SeaBass's injury and Bush out of town the only guy worth owning on that team (or at least starting) is DMac.
I agree with part of this. I'm not a big Palmer guy at all but he makes the WRs on OAKmore valuable than Campbell imo.I am referring to dynasty leagues, I feel in dynos both Moore, and to a lesser extent DHB and Streater hold decent value.

Was he putting up these preseason numbers with Palmer or 1 of the backups playing against scrubs though?
He has seen a lot of time with Moore and DHB out. He has played with all untis but seemed like the majority of it was with the 2's.

He looks the part. He appears to have that something about him but I would really temper expectations. When the real team is out there, I don't know how he can get up the pecking order against DMAC, Moore, and DHB consistently and from what I've seen the Raiders are having some issues with passing turnovers. IF Palmer were to be benched or hurt, I think Streater's value with Captain Check-down would be neutered.But, again, he looks like a guy that deserves to be in the NFL. I just don't like the situation all that well.
Wrong. most of the time was with the 1s - especially the last two games, where he started alongside DHB.

Campbell made better decisions than Palmer and had some rushing and scrambling ability, but otherwise was a much worse passer. Campbell was less accurate especially with longer passes, which combined with his conservative nature, led to pedestrian numbers annually. Palmer has much better upside but has a lower floor with full meltdown potential if his elbow problems flare up again at some point.

Is Rod Streater the WR to own this year in Oakland? I have been hearing great things about him again this year in camp. IF Flynn wins the starting QB job does that benefit Streater more then Moore since Moore is the deep guy. With Flynn's not so strong arm, but Flynn being good with short and intermediate throws Streater may be in for a very good year. Streater has better hands and so far has been healthier then Moore.

I think Streater may be pushing Moore for the #1 receiving spot this year.

I agree. They need a reboot at the WR spot. I traded Denarius Moore away for Steve Smith in a dynasty and couldn't be happier.

Is Rod Streater the WR to own this year in Oakland? I have been hearing great things about him again this year in camp. IF Flynn wins the starting QB job does that benefit Streater more then Moore since Moore is the deep guy. With Flynn's not so strong arm, but Flynn being good with short and intermediate throws Streater may be in for a very good year. Streater has better hands and so far has been healthier then Moore.

I think Streater may be pushing Moore for the #1 receiving spot this year.
It is beginning to look that way...I posted this in another thread (from Rotoworld yesterday):

Rod Streater to be Raiders 'go-to' receiver?

Rod Streater has been the Raiders' "most consistent" receiver early in camp, and the Oakland Tribune suggests he could "emerge as the go-to" guy for Matt Flynn because of his reliability.
Telling when your go-to receiver might be Rod Streater. Largely a possession guy at slot and Z receiver, Streater caught 39 balls for 584 yards and three TDs as a rookie. Deep threat Denarius Moore is far more talented, but far less consistent. Streater may actually be a superior match for Flynn's noodle arm.

Source: Oakland Tribune

I think I just had deja vu.

Pass on any and all Raiders WRs this year
Really? I wouldn't endorse drafting one early, but we're talking about a guy with a 19th round ADP. You could do a lot worse for your WR6/7. Personally, I've been going with Brandon Lloyd down there, but I think Streater and Burleson are not bad Mr. Irrelevant picks in redrafts.

I think I just had deja vu.

Pass on any and all Raiders WRs this year
At the current price, I am definitely buying. In a dynasty PPR startup earlier this offseason, he went with the last pick of the 17th round, #204 overall (WR55).

I definitely think he can surpass that ranking.

I grabbed him last year in preseason in a few dynasty leagues, and have held him. A few leaguemates whose FF talent evaluation I respect have asked about him the last few months, making me hold on tighter. Not going to move him for what looks to be a late 2, etc. And unless I really want the deal, I'll find another throw-in.

Everything I've seen/read about him is positive. We may be in for a nice little payoff here. Every week FF starter isn't a stretch (WR 36 or better in start three leagues).

I think something between 50-70 yards a week and .25 Tds is attainable. As the blurb says Streater is a better fit for the QBs they have this year since none of them can throw an accurate deep ball.

I feel like every year, there's a raider WR who is the man. Ford, DHB, Moore, Streater. Are the raiders press corps prone to hyping guys to troll the fantasy community?

I feel like every year, there's a raider WR who is the man. Ford, DHB, Moore, Streater. Are the raiders press corps prone to hyping guys to troll the fantasy community?
While I do agree somewhat that there always seems to be a hyped Raider wr, Streater was a nothing guy who became their leading WR last preseason, and put up 39-584-3 in the regular season. Not a bad rookie season for a nobody. I wouldn't ignore him just because Jacoby Ford (etc) got some hype a few years ago.

Streater was the #3 WR on the Raiders last year as an undrafted rookie free agant and put up 39-584-3. I think those are real good numbers for an undrafted rookie. Now DHB is gone, elevating Streater to the #2 position. Myers is gone as well. I do think the Raiders don't pass as much this year if their running game is working well, but all those DHB and Myers receptions have to go somewhere.

I'm thinking Streater can put up something like 65-750-6 This season. These are not eye popping numbers by any means, but not bad for a undrafted free agent WR in his 2nd season. In my PPR league last year those stats would have put Streater around WR 35-40 range

With Moore being drafted much higher then Streater in drafts I think Streater is a nice value play late in drafts.

I feel you. I actually think the Raider beat writers are pretty tell-it-like-it-is, and any WR they have remarked on over the years has shown something, even if they weren't particularly fantasy-friendly. One note: They never hyped DHB. The rest, yes. This years model has been Andre Holmes.

From Rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8148/rod-streater

The San Francisco Chronicle reports Rod Streater "already has a strong connection" with Terrelle Pryor.

Streater is shaping up as the Raiders' No. 1 receiver simply because there are no other reliable options. Denarius Moore has battled bouts of inconsistency this summer, while Jacoby Ford is trying to regain the big-play ability he had before his foot injuries. Streater could see close to double-digit targets every week in the intermediate passing game. He's still nothing more than a WR4/5. Sep 6 - 9:07 AM

Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Read an article that many in the Raiders org feel McGloin should be starting.
once he started getting nfl coaching at PSU he looked a hell of a lot better. Wouldnt be surprised if he is a quality back up or starter in a few years.

GINGER POWER

Streater is good - seems to be MUCH hungrier than Denarious - but depending on Pryor's passing each game is going to be a roulette wheel, possibly Russian. And this is coming from some who really likes Pryor overall. Dude has potential through the roof as a dual threat. But the aerial portion is a work in progress still.

The thing I like about both Pryor and Streater is that both are physically talented, hard working, and hungry for success. :Talent + Opportunity + Motivation:

The thing I hate about them is the OL and possibly the coaching. New OC with questionable credentials. Last OC hired by this head coach was a disaster. Two of three best players on OL are injured.

Bumpage. Streater not getting enough love this week. He led the team with 8 targets and best of all the targets were all over the place including most of the deep ones. Pryor seems to have connected with him and Moore just isn't impressing. As mentioned one Raiders receiver has to be flavor of the year every year so now it's Streater's turn. If you need more convincing, they play Jags at home this week. Choo choo!

I feel that Streater is a sleeper. Carson Palmer will hook up with Fitzgerald plenty of times, but teams will reall start to try and take hiim away, leaving Streater to find some holes in opposing defenses. he is a good rout runner with solid hand and would be a steal if you can still get him.

I feel that Streater is a sleeper. Carson Palmer will hook up with Fitzgerald plenty of times, but teams will reall start to try and take hiim away, leaving Streater to find some holes in opposing defenses. he is a good rout runner with solid hand and would be a steal if you can still get him.
Might want to get up to speed on NFL rosters there, guru.

Might want to get up to speed on NFL rosters there, guru.
SportsGuru eh?
I've been following Streater pretty closely and feel like I have a good grasp on his situation as an undervalued WR, but I will admit that the Guru brings up some points I hadn't considered!

Streater was a big waiver wire pickup in week 2 of 2012 as well, 2nd time's a charm?
I watched the Colts game again and Streater does a great job of getting open after Pryor runs out of the pocket. I feel Pryor is going to be very inconsistent passing but Streater could be a big beneficiary in this offense since he can bail him out. I don't see him having a lot of huge games, but he's a safe WR3 with WR2 upside. I expect Moore to lead the team in TD's since his quickness is a good match for Pryor who likes to get rid of the ball quickly, but 80 catches for Streater isn't unreasonable.

Users who are viewing this thread