What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

11 Team league (1 Viewer)

Recently had a team bail from a 12 team keeper league. We are going with 11 this year and I'm trying to come up with the best schedule I can. Right now my plan is going to play weeks 1-11, give each team one bye, take two weeks off and play the stadard 6 team weeks 14-16 playoffs.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Recently had a team bail from a 12 team keeper league. We are going with 11 this year and I'm trying to come up with the best schedule I can. Right now my plan is going to play weeks 1-11, give each team one bye, take two weeks off and play the stadard 6 team weeks 14-16 playoffs.Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.
What we've done in the past is create a phantom team #12. When you play the phantom team you go against the league average score for that week. The phantom team is not allowed to make the playoffs :excited:

Do double header games. Instead of playing against a single opponent, you play against two. Most sites support this and it is very fun. The only way to fly in a situation like this.

Thanks, I'll go with the average weekly ghost team; never would have thought of it. Thanks FBG.
Just slightly unfair that the teams drafting early have a shot at players that would have been keeper worthy, and are now in the pool of draftees because that 12th team is a ghost with no players on it.But what else are you gonna do?

Ghost team is OK, but I'm with Sabertooth on this one.

The ideal schedule for this season with 11 teams would be to have doubleheaders each week with no NFL team byes (1, 2, 3, 4, 10, 12, 13) and single games on all bye weeks (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11). Each team would play each other team twice for a total of 20 head-to-head games. There would be just one division in this setup.

I realize that doubleheaders are not everyone's cup of tea, but this setup would allow the league to have all real competition and still finish the regular season at the conclusion of week 13.

If nothing else, at least this spells out the specifics of doubleheaders with 11 teams.

In our 11 team league we have a "bye team". It becomes the twelfth team and one team plays them each week. Owners take turns selecting FAs

to put together a starting lineup for the week. It's fun to try and beat someone with a bunch of scrubs. Only problem is

one team gets to play the bye team twice.

Or you could just go with an all-play formula every week, and the top 4 or 6 or 8 (however many playoff teams you have) make the playoffs. Can't get any more fair than that method.

Users who are viewing this thread