What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Foster the People (1 Viewer)

What do they mean by "kicks" anyway? I've heard this referred to as shoes before but that doesn't really fit with the song.

What do they mean by "kicks" anyway? I've heard this referred to as shoes before but that doesn't really fit with the song.
Sure it does. Pretty sure he is talking about all the other kids with all their fancy shoes and #### and how they better run or he is gonna put a cap in their ###.

It's the most listened to album on Spotify, don't think anyone's being clued in to anything new here.
:lmao:Didn't "Pumped Up Kicks" chart in 2010?
"Torches" was released May 23rd...Stu
"Pumped Up Kicks" was way before Torches.
"Pumped Up Kicks" is a song by American indie pop group Foster the People written and recorded by Mark Foster at Mophonics in the Venice district of Los Angeles. The song debuted on supergoodmusic.com in early 2010 in their weekly newsletter, The Concert Blast.[1] It was first performed live at the Stand Up Charity Benefit in Venice during the first weekend of February 2010.[2] "Pumped Up Kicks" was featured on Nylon's coverage of Fashion Week in February 2010 and emerged on YouTube in February 2010. It went viral after a popular German blog gave it a very positive review.[3] The song was released as the debut single from the group in 2010 in North America and serves as the lead single from their debut self-titled EP.

Sure it does. Pretty sure he is talking about all the other kids with all their fancy shoes and #### and how they better run or he is gonna put a cap in their ###.
So they're wearing Reebok Pumps? :confused:
NoYou do know that song lyrics aren't always to be taken literally, right?

'Good said:
It's the most listened to album on Spotify, don't think anyone's being clued in to anything new here.
:goodposting:I've been hearing this on the radio for months...in Bakersfield.

'Good said:
:goodposting:I've been hearing this on the radio for months...in Bakersfield.
Pumped up Kicks has been around for a while, but I thought they deserved a thread when I heard Helena Beat...#### is good.

Levi,

We appreciate you sharing EVERY opinion that pops into your head.

But must you deliver them in a smarmy, condescending manner every time?

It's one thing to do it here, but your tired little shtick is contaminating the Shark Pool as well.

We appreciate you sharing EVERY opinion that pops into your head.

But must you deliver them in a smarmy, condescending manner every time?

It's one thing to do it here, but your tired little shtick is contaminating the Shark Pool as well.
When you have a gift, you feel obligated to share it with the world.Good luck with Jason Campbell this year, I foresee big things for the Raiders this year. :sarcasm:

Users who are viewing this thread