What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michael Dyer (1 Viewer)

wiscstlatlmia

Footballguy
I jumped on this guys bandwagon last year when I watched his high school highlight tape

...after watching this all i could think is man amongst boys.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=504101

I realize I might be getting a little ahead of myself and hes only played two games in college with limited action...

but on 23 carries he has 143 YDS 6.2 YPC and a TD.

I realize its early but i cant help but think this is guy has the makings of stud running back whenever i watch him, including last night.

definite stud in the making. Auburn has a few good RBs ahead of him, but his talent will shine through and he'll be the man soon enough for them.

definite stud in the making. Auburn has a few good RBs ahead of him, but his talent will shine through and he'll be the man soon enough for them.
Dyer is definitely a potential star....top pedigree coming out of H.S.But also don't sleep on Cam Newton....Kid will be playing QB on Sundays.....Vince Young with much better passing ability....could be the sleeper of the 2011 draft

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems that whenever they have a big game they go to him. like tonight already ten carries in the first half. hopefully he comes out next year!

It seems that whenever they have a big game they go to him. like tonight already ten carries in the first half. hopefully he comes out next year!
I don't think he can come out next year.
damn your right he'll be a true sophmore next year. O well Him and Trent Richardson are the future. Lattimore is overrated by how many carries he got this year.
Sorry, but I have to disagree. I'm a huge SEC enthusiast. I dvr most of the games I can each week. I watched alll of SC's games for the most part. Lattimore is an absolute beast! He also doesn't have a QB of the caliber of Cam Newton. I think Auburn drops off quite a bit next year.

He's good but on a team full of playmakers especially the QB there are going to be more running lanes.

The star of that game was DL Nick Fairley for me.

SproutDaddy said:
wiscstlatlmia said:
SproutDaddy said:
wiscstlatlmia said:
damn your right he'll be a true sophmore next year. O well Him and Trent Richardson are the future. Lattimore is overrated by how many carries he got this year.
Sorry, but I have to disagree. I'm a huge SEC enthusiast. I dvr most of the games I can each week. I watched alll of SC's games for the most part. Lattimore is an absolute beast! He also doesn't have a QB of the caliber of Cam Newton. I think Auburn drops off quite a bit next year.
Wow, there is more than one of them

Reminds me of Ray Rice a bit. Man its great to be an Auburn fan after your pro team fails to repeat. Weekend wasnt a total loss.

Lattimore had a better season, but I don't know if I'm as high on his pro potential.

I tentatively have Dyer ranked as the top RB in that draft class. He reminds me of Rashard Mendenhall. Good frame and speed with no glaring weaknesses. Bear in mind that he's only a true freshman and that we likely haven't seen his best college season yet. After $cam Newton leaves for the NFL, Dyer will probably assume a bigger role in the offense.

SproutDaddy said:
wiscstlatlmia said:
SproutDaddy said:
wiscstlatlmia said:
Wow, there is more than one of them
Just like # of national championships in the conference in any 5 year span you can probably throw out there.

Dyer certainly looked like the best RB prospect since Peterson, but I have to agree that it's easier to look good when you have Newton. And Fairly looks like a beast!

sounds like this dude could end up in the Supp Draft. Think about all this hype he had one time and I just hope Gurley/Yeldon don't take this route

I haven't heard anything about that.

I've been expecting news on Dyer's next college any day now.

Last I heard he had a visit scheduled with TCU, but they pulled out of it when that story about his grades possibly being faked at Auburn came out a month or two ago.

Supplemental draft would be a good route for him, but everything I've read up until now makes it sound like he wants to play another NCAA season.

That is just a writer speculating. No sources or quotes.

I'd like to see Dyer in the supplemental draft, but I've not seen anything yet that makes me think it's likely.

Rotoworld:

An employee with Louisville's registrar's office confirmed to The Courier-Journal that former Auburn and Arkansas State RB Michael Dyer has been added to the school's system database.
This step "is often an indication a prospective student plans to apply for enrollment," Jonathan Lintner writes. Dyer reportedly has until Aug. 26 to register for the fall semester. Junior quarterback Teddy Bridgewater did mention he, and the rest of the team, would welcome Dyer with open arms when posed with the question.

Source: Courier Journal

Rotoworld:

Louisville head coach Charlie Strong stated the team and school are still in the decision process with junior RB Michael Dyer.
Dyer "has not been admitted to the school" at this point, according to Strong. The former Auburn running back did appear in the school's registrar system, usually indicating the application process is close to commencing. Louisville starts classes on August 26.

Source: Pete Thamel on Twitter

Dyer and Bridgewater should make for good TV. That's going to be a scary offense.

scothawk said:
Why hasnt he been given a FA gig somewhere? Surely he is a decent camp body with some upside?
I'm not sure what DAL is doing.

Malcolm Brown, Dominique Brown, John Crockett, Zack Zenner, Trey Williams.... along with Dyer. I thought they really should have sent a 4th-7th rounder on SOMEBODY but even if they just had signed any three or four of these guys to keep two they would be in a much stronger position than they are now. If you are a UFDA how do you turn down an opportunity to challenge for a starting job vs McFadden? Now they are hoping someone will trade or just waiting for somebody to get cut in AUG/SEP and have to learn the offense quickly. Makes no sense to me, especially in light of the fact they have proven they don't really care about off-field issues.

The pre-draft chatter all suggested that he was an underdog to be drafted, but I'm shocked no one has signed him to a UDFA deal yet. I don't know the reasons behind it. He had a good enough college career and combine to warrant a shot.

Maybe the character red flags were just too glaring. He was kicked out of two programs, flunked out at Louisville, and was banned from their pro day. I get the sense that he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer and might be a serious headache to deal with on top of that.

I think he has the pure running ability to push for a roster spot. On the other hand, he's over-aged, useless on special teams, and not an accomplished receiver. You'd still think someone would kick the tires on him, but maybe they just don't think he's worth the hassle.

@ArRecruitingGuy: Former Little Rock Christian RB Michael Dyer has signed a free agent contract with the Oakland Raiders.

Good spot for him. Not much there on the depth chart. If he can't make that team, he won't make it anywhere.

Rotoworld take:

Raiders signed Louisville RB Michael Dyer.

Dyer (5'9/218) entered college as a five-star recruit and emerged as a starter for national-champion Auburn as a true freshman. His career spiraled oddly and wildly from there, bouncing around several colleges before finally landing at Louisville, where Dyer managed a 110-481-5 rushing line as a senior, splitting carries with Brandon Radcliff and Dominique Brown. Dyer had a pedestrian Combine, running 4.58 with a 34-inch vertical and 10-foot broad jump. Turning 25 in October, Dyer is an overaged, mercurial prospect who looked ordinary in 2014. His commitment to and passion for the game are obvious question marks.

Source: ESPN.com
May 11 - 12:37 PM

Bill Williamson ‏@BWilliamsonESPN 1d1 day ago
Dyer continues to look good #Raiders

Scott Bair ‏@BairCSN 1d1 day ago

I know nobody's tackling to the ground and practice ain't game action. But this Michael Dyer kid shows you something now and then.

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 1d1 day ago

Coaches like undrafted rookie TE Gabe Holmes, and he has had a couple of catches today ... Dyer shows off the pass-catching skills

Michael Dyer - RB - Raiders

Raiders coach Jack Del Rio said Sunday that undrafted rookie RB Michael Dyer has "jumped out" early in training camp.

A former five-star high school recruit, Dyer dominated as a true freshman on Auburn's national champion team before oddly bouncing around schools and ending up at Louisville, where he was a backup last year. Dyer does have talent and size (5'9/218), and the depth chart in Oakland is far from proven or established. Dyer is a deep sleeper to monitor, especially in Dynasty leagues.

Source: Vic Tafur on Twitter Aug 2 - 10:11 PM

He could be a Murray injury away from starting.

Biggest thing is he appears to have got "it" and he is seemingly practicing hard and playing for his place.

The talent was always there. Has that combination of low mileage and high experience which could prime him for a fast start.

Ground attack: Latavius Murray and Michael Dyer

Murray has looked good each day of camp and putting on pads only gave him better holes to shoot through. He had one run that started right and his hole opened at left guard so he cutback and surged through for a 5-yard touchdown run. Dyer looks pretty good too. He is a stocky, shifty back who can squirt through and pick up speed quick in open space. He had a couple nice runs on the day and is making a good impression on his coaches.

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2015/8/2/9088669/oakland-raiders-training-camp-day-3-practice-wrap-khalil-mack-unstoppable

Worth a flyer if you own Murray or are targeting his potential handcuff. Helu is a 3rd down back. Richardson sits inactive on the roster bubble. Richardson still owned by 61.9% in MFL. Dyer only 7%. People are asleep.

For much as he was booted around in college, his rap sheet is not that bad. Seems talented and only mildly toxic. Good situation in OAK for sure.

I snagged him off the wire this morning after reading this article:

(Rotoworld)Raiders coach Jack Del Rio said Sunday that undrafted rookie RB Michael Dyer has "jumped out" early in training camp.

Analysis: A former five-star high school recruit, Dyer dominated as a true freshman on Auburn's national champion team before oddly bouncing around schools and ending up at Louisville, where he was a backup last year. Dyer does have talent and size (5'9/218), and the depth chart in Oakland is far from proven or established. Dyer is a deep sleeper to monitor, especially in Dynasty leagues.

I snagged him off the wire this morning after reading this article:

(Rotoworld)Raiders coach Jack Del Rio said Sunday that undrafted rookie RB Michael Dyer has "jumped out" early in training camp.

Analysis: A former five-star high school recruit, Dyer dominated as a true freshman on Auburn's national champion team before oddly bouncing around schools and ending up at Louisville, where he was a backup last year. Dyer does have talent and size (5'9/218), and the depth chart in Oakland is far from proven or established. Dyer is a deep sleeper to monitor, especially in Dynasty leagues.
Just a ploy to motivate Trent Richardson. ;) Thx for posting - I snagged him late in a rookie draft this weekend.

Could mean nothing but looking around at depth charts ripe for the climbing, I see Oakland, Tennessee, and Tampa.

I've seen nothing but good things about his camp performance so far. Another good puff piece here:

http://espn.go.com/blog/oakland-raiders/post/_/id/11956/michael-dyer-making-early-impression-at-running-back

While it's obvious Latavius Murray will be the Oakland Raiders' starting running back this season, there is an interesting situation brewing behind him on the depth chart.Undrafted free agent Michael Dyer has stood out in the early stages of camp. Dyer has performed well while the expected backup, former first-round pick Trent Richardson, has yet to get on the field. He is on the non-football illness list.

Dyer continued to take advantage of his extra reps on Sunday and he broke off a few long runs.

"I think Michael's done a nice job developing from what we saw in the spring to now," Oakland coach Jack Del Rio said. "He's more comfortable, he's more accountable, more dependable in special teams units and the offense. Every now and then he'll pop through there and show some of that speed that he has, so I think he's off to a nice start."
Even with this promising start, he has a long climb to make the roster, let alone become FF-relevant. I'd still recommend him as a preemptive waiver pickup in any deep dynasty league. Definitely worth a shot. Everything I've read makes it sound like Murray is locked in as the starter, but a lot can happen with injuries and underperfomance.

Users who are viewing this thread