What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (3 Viewers)

Plane is still on the runway.

------------------------------------------

Nate Ulrich@ByNateUlrich

Flight was delayed four hours, 15 minutes

Nate Ulrich@ByNateUlrich

#Browns' flight to NJ scheduled to depart at 7 p.m.

Derrick Willies to the rescue.

-------------------------------------------

Scott Petrak ct@ScottPetrak

In addition to promoting WRs Ja'Marcus Bradley, Derrick Willies, #Browns elevated LB Montrel Meander from practice squad.

------------------------------------------

Damn.  Baker has been red hot.

Really need Hunt and Chubb to take it to the grind house and expect a TON of 13 (three TE) personnel packages.

They’ll still win easily. Give Chubb and Hunt 20 carries each and use the tight ends. Win 24-3 and go home. 
They 'basically' beat the Raiders AND LA Rams the last two weeks.  They haven't been playing like pushovers the last two weeks.

==================

Pete Smith@_PeteSmith_

Most focus on the offense, but basically Mack Wilson can't come off the field. At all. And he sucks.

a little surprising we waived Hilliard.
Texans claim Dontrell Hilliard off waivers

I was hoping we would be able to re-sign him in a pinch.  Not that he was great but he was 'good-nuff' as a 3rd down back and had 30 games with us so it would have been great if he were still available.
Would be nice to have Hilliard so we can get Chubb and Hunt on the field together and split them wide.  Now we've only got D'Enest Johnson in reserve.  Hilliard could have been split wide as well.  

Didn't feel like the right timing to cut Dontrell...  Didn't like that move.  Could have used him, dang.

if only our jerseys were black and purple, we'd get to postpone.
No crying like some other AFCN teams.  No one cry about this.  

-----------------------------------------------------

Steve Doerschuk@sdoerschukREP

Have a hunch Derrick Willies will do something tomorrow.

Fortuitous Browns brought him in more than month ago. 6-4 glider (ex-state hurdles champ). Bit of history w/Baker. Quiet confidence about him.

I guess I haven't figured out what goes into whether or not a game can be moved back a day or two.  

How many guys do we have out who haven't even tested positive?

I guess I haven't figured out what goes into whether or not a game can be moved back a day or two.  

How many guys do we have out who haven't even tested positive?
Typically if a guy or two tests positive they’ll isolate those, contract trace, and isolate those guys as well and still play. If they continue to have positives after that, then things get postponed if it looks like there is an ongoing outbreak.

If more than one more guys tests positive tomorrow morning, it wouldn’t surprise me if the game got postponed a day or two.

Most likely scenario in my opinion, is that Chubb sees 25-30 touches. Hunt sees probably 6-8 catches, while being split out wide quite a bit, and each of Hooper, Bryant, and Njoku are heavily involved. 

I'd like to see Njoku split out wide. He's as fast as a many WR's, and in theory, could be a major blocking advantage out there. 

30+ snaps of Chubb, Hunt, Hooper, Bryant, and Njoku would be what I would do if I were Stefanski. Not like the Jets are stopping the run game with Q out anyway.

Stupid Raiders.  All Browns would have had to do was beat Jets to get in.  Now need GB to beat Tennessee (as I would prefer Indy beats Pitt).

TEN losing means nothing. IND or BAL has to lose, and we have to win. 

We just lived the worst possible day imaginable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hunt will have a monster game tomorrow to seal the playoff spot. 

Uh we can't seal playoffs without a Pittsburgh win and I kinda want Pittsburgh to lose so we have a shot at the division.  Really needed LV to not choke there.

Just wanted to say I'm rooting for the Browns, as all of America should be. 

Not a totally ideal situation, but this feels like a great opportunity. If this is the start of a new glorious era of Browns football, turning this into chicken salad would be a great statement and confidence builder. 

Most likely scenario in my opinion, is that Chubb sees 25-30 touches. Hunt sees probably 6-8 catches, while being split out wide quite a bit, and each of Hooper, Bryant, and Njoku are heavily involved. 

I'd like to see Njoku split out wide. He's as fast as a many WR's, and in theory, could be a major blocking advantage out there. 

30+ snaps of Chubb, Hunt, Hooper, Bryant, and Njoku would be what I would do if I were Stefanski. Not like the Jets are stopping the run game with Q out anyway.
This should be a weekly mandate - not a one time thing

a division title would be lovely... 

but im big mad right now. all i care about is this team and its fans getting what they deserve - PLAYOFFS.

ill be rooting deep down for PIT. I hope they smash IND and it isnt close. And I hope we do the same v Jets (or at least just control the whole match thru the run game).

we'll take the division next season

Nothing about this is good.

Jets worst unit was/is their secondary with a weak edge pass rush.  We held the advantage till COVID now they can bring their safeties down in the box and load up to stop the run and if/when they stop the run they will put us in third and long situations.

Their best defensive ability is to stop the run between the tackles so we were 'likely' going to attack the edges and use misdirection, now?

They were/are talking about replacing their head coach and starting quarterback.  They got the monkey off their back with a win last week after coming close the prior week.  Looked like emotionally they had the air taken out of them but now?

Myles isn't 100% and Meki Beckton isn't a great matchup since he struggles against OTs like him.

Stefanski and the coaches put their game plan together and had practiced all-week and will have to scrap it and vamp something on the fly.  Any wide receiver we are able to put on the field won't have a clue so expect wrong routes to be run and drops and for them to be over matched and Baker to not make those patented third down throws/conversions.  The route combinations will be limited and the Jets will be able to jump routes and that typically means interceptions.

I will say that if this turns out to be a false positive that the NFL is rigged and the feds should investigate.  If this happened a few weeks ago the game would have been moved back but it can't be or it throws the entire playoff schedule off.  If anyone thinks we're just going to run over the Jets then think again.  If they don't have to worry about being beaten over-the-top and drop those safeties and load the box...

We need at least one big deep play and/or a double-move deep shot to connect in the passing game.  I think I saw somewhere the Jets have a terrible record if the opposition scores 21 points.  That will be tough to come by if we can't do anything in the passing game.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Hunt lined up at wide receiver at times.  

i think we’re going to see parts of the playbook today that no one has seen before.  

Too bad for the Browns.  If it were the Pats or Pitt the game would be postponed until Wednesday.  But the Browns aren't a top earning franchise for the NFL like those teams are.  

Too bad for the Browns.  If it were the Pats or Pitt the game would be postponed until Wednesday.  But the Browns aren't a top earning franchise for the NFL like those teams are.  
Or the Ravens.

It’s disappointing how the NFL has handled similar situations differently all season. 

If my Bengals knock out the Ratbirds for you guys make sure you support Brandon Allen's charity Buffalo Bills style next week.

Thanks

-QG

Gotta give Baker a lot of credit for making it a game.  

Props to our coach.  No apologies, no moral victories, no excuses.

Kevin Stefanski: 'We had all the players we needed, we got flat out beat.'

One game left.  

Should be a good one.

WRs or not, losing this game is just demoralizing. The freakin' Jets.

Chub and Hunt a combined 15 carries for 39 yds? Ugh.

The Garrett strip sack for a TD that was hilariously ruled a pass will haunt my dreams and our entire offseason.

So say hypothetically we lose next week, what would need to happen for us to get in?

How important is the titans game tonight?  Does a titan loss give us another path?

Bills beat Steelers this would not wrap up the #2 seed for Pitt.  Pitt 12-3 Buffalo 11-4 Pitt would still need a win or Bills loss week 16.
Damn it.

This sucks.  How many players are we going to be without next week?

The teams that we need to lose all play cupcakes next week.

Maybe they have a Covid outbreak

beef said:
:confused:      I understand the reason Browns fans were pissed but the Steelers were screwed repeatedly because of Covid hitting the Titans and Ravens.  The NFL didn't reschedule those games for the Steelers benefit. 

i kept myself from sending anything yesterday and im gonna leave it at this...

if the Browns beat the steelers, in cleveland, week 17, to get into the playoffs for the first time in 245yrs...

it will be the biggest and best eff you to 2020 imagineable. 

Users who are viewing this thread