What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (2 Viewers)

Neiman Gracie vs Douglas Lima in the finals.
What makes you think NG beats Rory?   I admittedly havent seen a lot of NG, but he's been rolling through a bunch no names and journeymen.   The disparity in talent between Ed Ruth and Rory is astronomical

I know you know all this already.  Just curious what you're seeing to make that bold call.

What makes you think NG beats Rory?   I admittedly havent seen a lot of NG, but he's been rolling through a bunch no names and journeymen.   The disparity in talent between Ed Ruth and Rory is astronomical

I know you know all this already.  Just curious what you're seeing to make that bold call.
The MacDonald we remember from the UFC isn't the same guy we've seen lately. The UFC version wouldn't have needed two round to dispose of an elderly Jon Fitch.

Like Clayton said, there was nothing to tap to at that angle, but she did something weird and calculated.

Sure would have felt like a tap to Rose, which may have been why she didn't let go of the move.  I missed it completely when watching live.
Nice thought..

Woodley out of Lawler fight.

In a perfect world, Nick Diaz would be ready to step in.
Wonder what the injury is. My guess is he dropped out to resume his rap career

ETA: hand injury. that was why I was wondering cause the fight is still a month and a half away (I believe). Shame because this fight would have put Robbie back in title contention.

complete side note, but I remember people in awe of Hendo and some others fighting so late in their careers, but Lawlor is the one that has always impressed me. Dude seems to just have been around forever. He even beats out Diego Sanchez and Clay Guida in just quick glance off the top of my head

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin Lee goes into another fight as a betting favorite and loses.  He could be the most overrated guy in the UFC.  He looks great 2 rounds, but he doesn't have a gas tank.  A well rounded vet like RDA knew it was only a matter of time.  This is another example of how the UFC doesn't make stars the fighters do.  They really wanted "Mo Town Phenom" to be good.  

Kevin Lee goes into another fight as a betting favorite and loses.  He could be the most overrated guy in the UFC.  He looks great 2 rounds, but he doesn't have a gas tank.  A well rounded vet like RDA knew it was only a matter of time.  This is another example of how the UFC doesn't make stars the fighters do.  They really wanted "Mo Town Phenom" to be good.  
He has no excuses now that he's fighting at 170.

Elias Theodorou released by the UFC. I've never enjoyed a single one of his fights.
Very "good release" by UFC. Read the news and immediately thought "They got this one right". 

Up and coming "point fighters" aren't going to make it far. Definitely would be in my handful of all-time most boring UFC fighters. I'm sure he can find a home elsewhere but there's no money in him in the cage. Probably better long term future being the "cagecard boy" in whatever women's MMA promotion he's associated with.

Looking at his UFC tenure I'm surprised he made it to 11 fights. I can't remember a single thing of substance he did during any of those fights. Pretty damn hard to do when you've had that many fights.

can any explain to me why the Yoel Romero case was considered consumer fraud?  That part of it tripled the damages to over $27 million.

I know the testing company made a mistake but for it to be fraud, did they have to knowingly make the mistake?

Elias Theodorou released by the UFC. I've never enjoyed a single one of his fights.
hmm, i liked the guy. what was it one fight losing streak too? Maybe that was why he got canned though if a lot of people didn't like him. I could name 10-15 off the top of my head which are much worse performance wise than he has been

NewlyRetired said:
from what I have read, he is likely to not get the full amount (even after the lawyers cut).  I guess the company he sued is small enough that there is a chance they may go bankrupt due to this.
Yup, i was listening to Jack Slack's podcast and he basically said the same thing. Said the company's only choice is to probably go bankrupt and Romero will likely only get 5-6 million out of it. Still though, not to shabby at all

Yup, i was listening to Jack Slack's podcast and he basically said the same thing. Said the company's only choice is to probably go bankrupt and Romero will likely only get 5-6 million out of it. Still though, not to shabby at all
did he mention why is was consider consumer fraud?   What benefit to the company was it to make the mistake?

Very "good release" by UFC. Read the news and immediately thought "They got this one right". 

Up and coming "point fighters" aren't going to make it far. Definitely would be in my handful of all-time most boring UFC fighters. I'm sure he can find a home elsewhere but there's no money in him in the cage. Probably better long term future being the "cagecard boy" in whatever women's MMA promotion he's associated with.

Looking at his UFC tenure I'm surprised he made it to 11 fights. I can't remember a single thing of substance he did during any of those fights. Pretty damn hard to do when you've had that many fights.
hmm, i would have to go back and watch. Maybe i am just remembering his fights wrong or thinking of someone else. I though he had some good wars in there. I know people hated him because he talked about being a model and was kind of arrogant about it.

although i did just try to look up Theoudruea highlights on youtube and not a whole lot popped up

ETA: checking out his fights, i think i am remembering early career Elias, and not when he stepped up in competition

did he mention why is was consider consumer fraud?   What benefit to the company was it to make the mistake?
i don't think he went into too many details about the actual product or anything. I am sure someone will write more about it, likely on mmajunkie 

Wow - no mention of Gustafsson retiring. He was no Theodorou, but I won't miss Gustafsson. I always thought he was overrated based on not getting finished in his first Jon Jones fight. Nothing more than a gatekeeper.

What a freefall for Jimi Manuwa. Dude looked dead for a bit. Yikes. Rakic will get a big step up in competition next.

The rest of the main card was a snoozer.

Tonya Evinger epitomizes the old guard of women's MMA. Toughness and mediocre technique used to be enough, but it's not anymore. Just like Dan Severn and Tank Abbott, sloppy-bodied fighters like Evinger need to hang it up. Their time has passed.

Santos and Camacho looked pretty good.

Too bad Cowboy vs Tony Ferguson isn't 5 rounds.  Looks like the best matchup on the card to me.  I give the edge to Tony of he can pressure Cowboy the way Nate Diaz did.  He has the reach where he shouldn't get shut down like Iaquinta did.

Too bad Cowboy vs Tony Ferguson isn't 5 rounds.  Looks like the best matchup on the card to me.  I give the edge to Tony of he can pressure Cowboy the way Nate Diaz did.  He has the reach where he shouldn't get shut down like Iaquinta did.
I'd be really surprised if that goes past three rounds.

Wow - no mention of Gustafsson retiring. He was no Theodorou, but I won't miss Gustafsson. I always thought he was overrated based on not getting finished in his first Jon Jones fight. Nothing more than a gatekeeper.

What a freefall for Jimi Manuwa. Dude looked dead for a bit. Yikes. Rakic will get a big step up in competition next.

The rest of the main card was a snoozer.

Tonya Evinger epitomizes the old guard of women's MMA. Toughness and mediocre technique used to be enough, but it's not anymore. Just like Dan Severn and Tank Abbott, sloppy-bodied fighters like Evinger need to hang it up. Their time has passed.

Santos and Camacho looked pretty good.
I’m also not a fan of Gustafsson, but he did more in that Jones fight than just not get finished. That was by far Jones’ toughest fight, and he came close to winning it.

But other than that fight, I’m not impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread