What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Chase Claypool, BUF (1 Viewer)

49th Overall Pick in 2020 by the Pittsburgh Steelers, they are a quality organization, typically do their homework. Not saying they don't make mistakes

62/873/9TDs his rookie season, only was a starter for 6 games, played in all 16.
59/860/2 TD, his 2nd season, same amount of targets, about same catches, same yds, no TD to pad the stats. 2021 and Big Ben is getting ready to retire

Went from about 14 yds a catch to around 10 yds a catch in Chicago, didn't gel too well with Fields and they shipped him to Miami in 2023
Hill and Waddle clearly better and Claypool will be fighting to make a roster spot but my guess is Anderson is not for long.
River Cracraft is on IR
Both Hill and Waddle are dinged, whatever that means to you but they got batted around in Buffalo

Not much to see here for FF, it's more important to Miami Dolphins fans that follow the team, Claypool is in play to be a WR3/4 on this team, good for him
Still on his rookie deal rest of the season
2025 swap 6th/7th? Who cares, what's not to like here?
He'll be so grateful to land on a decent team, he might carry Mike's bags around for a couple weeks while he studies the playbook, who knows?
Good for Miami
Good for CC
Coach MM has a plan, he must know something, I trust his evaluation on the offensive side of the football

Kid looked like he was gonna be something as a rookie but it appears he is kind of an idiot...not a bad roll of the dice for the Dolphins since he was pretty much free...his size brings a different dimension to this offense since they get very little out of the TE position...if he doesn't grow up you simply cut him and move on but if he realizes his career is in danger of ending early this could be a nice addition.

Last edited:
Kid looked like he was gonna be something his rookie but it appears he is kind of an idiot...not a bad roll of the dice for the Dolphins since he was pretty much free...his size brings a different dimension to this offense since they get very little out of the TE position...if he doesn't grow up you simply cut him and move on but if he realizes his career is in danger of ending early this could be a nice addition.
Fair analysis. I dont think he will get too many more chances after this one. At least not to be a starter.

Kid looked like he was gonna be something his rookie but it appears he is kind of an idiot...not a bad roll of the dice for the Dolphins since he was pretty much free...his size brings a different dimension to this offense since they get very little out of the TE position...if he doesn't grow up you simply cut him and move on but if he realizes his career is in danger of ending early this could be a nice addition.
Fair analysis. I dont think he will get too many more chances after this one. At least not to be a starter.
How many chances did Josh Gordon get? Is the league friendlier to failing drug tests than they are for whatever Claypool's issues are? I admit I don't know what is wrong with Claypool, only that he has a bad attitude recently and that he hasn't performed to perceived expectations.

How many chances did Josh Gordon get? Is the league friendlier to failing drug tests than they are for whatever Claypool's issues are? I admit I don't know what is wrong with Claypool, only that he has a bad attitude recently and that he hasn't performed to perceived expectations.
Gordon also had an absolutely huge season. Legendary in fact. people still talk about that one year he had his game together.

taking a risk for a guy with that kind of upside is not hard to justify.

Claypool has flashed some. but hes never exceeded 900 yards in a season. so if there is lots of baggage, the upside needs to be worth it and 900 yards wont cut it.

he may get more chances if this doesnt work out.... but likely at league minimum in terms of salary.

I think this is the end of the road.

Maybe a team will sign him to vet minimum with little to no guaranteed money.

Career started out promising but he went downhill quickly. Reports of bad attitude and effort will make it tough for him to get a meaningful role somewhere.

Stick a fork in him.....I know I did before this year even started. Such a promising talent.....nothing between the ears and behind the chest. When the Steelers trade you away.....that is the first sign of big trouble. They are a team I have always had trust in their front office and the stability of their franchise and consistency of their culture.

Once he was traded....I was like huh oh.

Boy oh boy was I ever wrong about this guy. I do not think he loves the game and will play in the CFL or UFL unless the CFL pays him a significant amount of money, which I wouldn't begrudge the teams or him from doing.

Boy oh boy was I ever wrong about this guy. I do not think he loves the game and will play in the CFL or UFL unless the CFL pays him a significant amount of money, which I wouldn't begrudge the teams or him from doing.
Yeah, I traded Mike Evans away so I could keep Claypool after his rookie year. Hey, 62/873/9 is a very nice rookie line, and there was room for more. Memorable bust.

Users who are viewing this thread