What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who to start as my Flex, (J. Maclin, J.J. Nelson or J. Cook(OAK) PPR 1 WR, PPR 1.5 TE? (1 Viewer)

dfine1966

Footballguy
Scoring: 1 point for every 10 yards, 6 points TD's; 1 point PPR for WR's; 1.5 points PPR for Tight Ends?

Who should I start as my flex for Week 3

Jeremy Maclin vs Jack in England ( They have good corners, but he has scored 2 straight games)

J. J. Nelson vs Dallas (Good matchup, but has a possible hamstring. I don't have anyone else to use if he doesn't play, since on Monday night."

Jared Cook @ Wash: (Good matchup. Washington has not done well against TE's. In my league TE's get 1.5 points PPR.)

Who would you start out of the three?

I think you have to eliminate Nelson since you don't have a contingency if he's a no-go or limited. So that leave it between Maclin and Cook. I think if you just go by what's happened so far, Maclin is the pure choice. But I'm going to make the case for Cook. Full disclosure, I'm a Raiders fan, and I've been watching their games each week, so I am probably biased here.

Maclin's saving grace has been his TDs. If you think that's likely to continue, then he's not a bad option. But if you take away those two scores, Maclin has fewer targets, fewer catches, and (for the purpose of fantasy scoring) the same amount of yardage. In a TE premium league, Cook is only a few points behind Maclin without having scored any TDs. He's a bigger part of a good offense and puts up respectable numbers. He's more likely to give you a decent stat line and has a higher ceiling than Maclin imo.

Users who are viewing this thread