What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

VP Kamala Harris Claims US Government Hurricane Ian Relief Will PRIORITIZE "Communities Of Color" (10/3/22 14:07 PST) (1 Viewer)

GordonGekko

Footballguy
VIDEO: Kamala Harris Wants Colored Families To Be Prioritized Over White Families For Disaster Relief Black Conservative Perspective Sep 30, 2022

Vice President Kamala Harris is participating in a conversation with actress Priyanka Chopra Jonas at the Democratic National Committee Women's Leadership Forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELi8Q1qbKrE

Direct Headline: Kamala Harris ripped for claiming government's Hurricane Ian relief will prioritize ‘communities of color’

DeSantis rapid response director Christina Pushaw claimed Harris' statements were 'false' and causing 'undue panic' among Floridians

By Gabriel Hays October 1, 2022 10:38am ED

Twitter hammered Vice President Kamala Harris for a recent speech in which she described that federal Hurricane Ian relief would be based on "equity" and prioritize people in "communities of color." Speaking to actress Priyanka Chopra Jonas at the Democratic National Committee's Women's Leadership Forum on Friday, Harris claimed that people of color and low-income communities are most affected by natural disasters such as Hurricane Ian. Because of this, Harris described how federal relief should be given "based on equity."...

The Vice President declared, "It is our lowest income communities and our communities of color that are most impacted by these extreme conditions and impacted by issues that are not of their own making." ...Chopra interjected, "And women," to which Harris replied, "Absolutely." The Vice President continued: "And so we have to address this in a way that is about giving resources based on equity, understanding that we fight for equality, but we also need to fight for equity, understanding not everyone starts out at the same place...."....She added, "And if we want people to be in an equal palace, sometimes we have to take into account those disparities and do that work." The audience applauded Harris’ statements.....

Though critics on Twitter were outraged by her claims, with many accusing her of being racist towards victims of Hurricane Ian in Florida. Some even claimed she was confusing and scaring storm survivors worried they might not get help quickly because they weren’t living in low-income communities....

Gov. Ron DeSantis' rapid response director, Christina Pushaw, blasted Harris, calling her claims "false" and assuring Americans that FEMA has been giving aid to all Hurricane Ian survivors regardless of race. "This is false. @VP's rhetoric is causing undue panic and must be clarified. FEMA Individual Assistance is already available to all Floridians impacted by Hurricane Ian, regardless of race or background....."

Journalist Ian Miles Cheong said, "Just say it. Poor white people are screwed, and Kamala Harris is gloating about it the same way she gloated about sending thousands of black men to prison over drug-related misdemeanors."....In another tweet, he slammed the media for ignoring Harris’ claims: "If journalists were any good at doing their jobs they'd be hammering Kamala Harris on the remarks she made today about how white families affected by Hurricane Ian won't be getting any federal funds because the money will be diverted to ‘communities of color’ before all else."

....Conservative author John Hawkins mocked Harris and the left, tweeting, "Only liberals could find a way to make hurricanes all about race....."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/kamal...-ian-relief-will-prioritize-communities-color

Direct Headline: Harris ignores question after arguing feds should use 'equity' in handing out hurricane relief

by ALEC SCHEMMEL October 3rd 2022

WASHINGTON (TND) — Vice President Kamala Harris ignored a reporter Saturday asking her to clarify what she told an audience the day before regarding Hurricane Ian relief, and how "communities of color" should take precedence over others when it comes to divvying it up.

"Vice President, can you clarify what you meant about 'equity' for hurricane relief?” a reporter can be heard asking the vice president during an event hosted by the Congressional Black Caucus.

Harris makes eye contact with the camera the reporter is holding, but ignores the question and continues walking without giving any response.

https://abcnews4.com/news/nation-wo...leanup-equality-dei-diversity-people-of-color

"The United States shares a very important relationship, which is an alliance with the Republic of NORTH Korea." - VPOTUS Kamala Harris

Something for everyone to think about. Day to day current command of the United States government can often come down to the "brain trust" in a single room consisting of Joe Biden, Jill Biden, Karine Jean Pierre, Kamala Harris, Nancy Pelosi, Susan Rice, Ron Klain and Jennifer Dillon. Really internalize that when you look at your children sleeping at night and ask yourself if your kids are going to be safe under that kind of leadership. Consider that Dillon, an Obama loyalist groupie who was essentially outcast in professional politics and had to be shuffled off to run Beto O'Rourke's campaign because no one else who actually wanted to win desired to be near her, is technically the smartest person in that room. And what does that say?

Does anyone want to explain what defines "equity" in hurricane relief? Current reports are showing over 100 people are now dead with search and rescue still ongoing. Should we all start assessing the dead and wounded under identity politics based checklists now?

Can someone explain to me how many black people do you need to have in your neighborhood, or town or city, to qualify to move to the front of the line according to Kamala Harris?

Does a hurricane kill black people at an intentional disproportional rate over everyone else?

Since the PSF and FBG forums are full of lawyers ( yes, including myself), mostly left leaning, and still mostly radical left leaning, does anyone want to unpack the legal nightmare it would create if what Kamala Harris said came true?

Remember, some of you voted for this. And what happens if your children are under threat and are in need and it's simply more politically expedient for Biden/Harris to focus on those more "equitable"?

I'll leave this here for others to discuss.

Stupid. Stupid stupid stupid. Do they not realize how many white votes in PA and WI and MI they're losing with statements like that? Because if we're boiling down her statements, they're either:

a) evil in terms of true equitability
b) coldly political calculated

I'll grant the benefit of the doubt that she's not really implementing a policy that evil and chalk it up to a political calculus. Therefore, they're stupid in that respect because on its face, the policy seems so evil towards whites that they'll just be losing votes among white independents in swing states, who will see those comments and realize that their government is actively hostile towards their dreams, hopes, and wants for a federal government, which is security for all, something that is colorblind.

That's what colorblind justice should entail.

Stupid. Stupid stupid stupid. Do they not realize how many white votes in PA and WI and MI they're losing with statements like that? Because if we're boiling down her statements, they're either:

I'll grant the benefit of the doubt that she's not really implementing a policy that evil and chalk it up to a political calculus. Therefore, they're stupid in that respect because on its face, the policy seems so evil towards whites that they'll just be losing votes among white independents in swing states, who will see those comments and realize that their government is actively hostile towards their dreams, hopes, and wants for a federal government, which is security for all, something that is colorblind.

Rock you need to make sure you’re reading the statements in context:

Hmm...anytime I hear a leftist like Harris use the term "equity" and resources, my hackles get raised a bit.

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that she's moving on to the next question, but the fact that universal resources are at all being discussed as issues that receive "equity" treatment, as if it were equitable (note that "equity" never meant anything but economic capital until the academics got a hold of that term and bastardized it -- I watched that happen since about '89, so in real time) at heart. Equity means something purely more sinister than "equitable," the term it was derived from. It means race-based preferences, pure and simple.

Any answer that needs a clear demarcation like hers did should raise suspicions about the latter half of the demarcation, is what I'm saying.

Hmm...anytime I hear a leftist like Harris use the term "equity" and resources, my hackles get raised a bit.

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that she's moving on to the next question, but the fact that universal resources are at all being discussed as issues that receive "equity" treatment, as if it were equitable (note that "equity" never meant anything but economic capital until the academics got a hold of that term and bastardized it -- I watched that happen since about '89, so in real time) at heart. Equity means something purely more sinister than "equitable," the term it was derived from. It means race-based preferences, pure and simple.

Any answer that needs a clear demarcation like hers did should raise suspicions about the latter half of the demarcation, is what I'm saying.
Don’t get me wrong- she’s not the smartest person. What she should have said is “we’re trying to help everyone in need and NOT prioritize- I realize that communities of color often don’t receive the proper resources in these situations and we’re going to make sure they do, without taking away from the needs of everyone who has been hurt by this.” Etc. Then nobody would have had a problem. But she screwed up.

In any event, I’m not clear on what authority she has in terms of directing FEMA’s resources. I doubt it’s very much.

But she screwed up.

Given how easily you identified and typed out the theoretically correct answer lets me know that it wasn't just that she screwed up, it's that that's the way she thinks or that that's the way her politically-calculated mind works.

She's abhorrent, plain and simple. She slept with Willie Brown to have a career. She's nothing but...well, I'll leave it there. She's not "screw[ing] up," she's par for the course given her history.

Take out the term color and just use "low income" people and that would be fine. Dems need to get away from always separating and dividing.

All lower income folk suffer the same issues in these situations regardless of their color.

Color-blindness is one of those white male constructs and thus part of the evil western hierarchy which must be destroyed. You really need to go back to school and get re-educated. You are supporting white supremacy with all that color-blindness non-sense.

Take out the term color and just use "low income" people and that would be fine. Dems need to get away from always separating and dividing.

All lower income folk suffer the same issues in these situations regardless of their color.

Get away from? Read their party platform. Every issue is completely wrapped in racist terms.

Get away from? Read their party platform. Every issue is completely wrapped in racist terms.

I know. They need to start looking at the "whole" in a holistic way. Treat the whole issues, not divide.

Poverty is poverty, equity is equity no matter what your color.

There are clearly scars from the responses to Katrina, Puerto Rico, etc.

Direct Headline: Critics mock VP Kamala Harris for her 'child-like' explanation of Ukraine invasion

by ZACHARY ROGERS March 3rd 2022

WASHINGTON (TND) — Critics are lambasting Vice President Kamala Harris for apparently using an opportunity on a radio program to explain the current Ukrain/Russia conflict as if she was talking to a young child....While appearing on the syndicated "The Morning Hustle" radio show, Harris was asked by the host to explain the Russian invasion of Ukraine "in layman's terms."

"So, Ukraine is a country in Europe," Harris explains while speaking slowly. “It exists next to another country called Russia,” she continued. “Russia is a bigger country. Russia is a powerful country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine. So, basically, that’s wrong, and it goes against everything that we stand for."

It was a moment captured and shared widely on social media by critics, who accuse Harris of conflating "layman's terms" with "explain this to me as if I was 5-years-old" or even "explain this to me like I'm an idiot."

...Kellyanne Conway, who served as senior counselor to the president during former President Donald Trump's tenure, called Harris' explanation "embarrassing" in her tweet...."Embarrassing," Conway wrote. "No wonder staffers smarter than her have quit."

....Harris has already faced an "exodus" of staff members at the beginning of 2022, according to Fox News, and also has been reportedly facing historically low job performance ratings....Real Clear Politics, an aggregate of polling data, shows Harris' average approval rating across several polls from Dec. 12 to March 1 rests at only 37.5%, with an "unfavorable" average of 51% across the same span of time....

https://katv.com/news/nation-world/...ident-america-joe-biden-morning-hustle-russia

One of the original scouting reports for Ryan Leaf, regarding his potential football IQ, was "Will sit on the TV and watch the couch"

You don't heal the wounds of Hurricane Katrina by installing a VPOTUS based on identity politics ( Biden made it clear why Harris was chosen from the beginning) who is incompetent and pushes for policy that is racist and illegal. Doing so tells the average working class American that they have been effectively abandoned.

She says our lowest income communities and communities of color at around the 2:18 mark of the video in the opening post

One trick pony who would turn a conversation about grilled cheese sandwiches into one of racial inequality. However, this would only be after a cackle over a serious question.

She says our lowest income communities and communities of color at around the 2:18 mark of the video in the opening post

Lowest income communities would have been enough as that would encompass all the people in need.

Does anybody know how hurricanes impact black neighborhoods more? Are most of the black neighborhoods on the beach or typically built where hurricane eyes pass through.

Is this about temporary housing in particular for low income people?

Does anybody know how hurricanes impact black neighborhoods more? Are most of the black neighborhoods on the beach or typically built where hurricane eyes pass through.

"It is our lowest income communities and our communities of color that are most impacted by these extreme conditions and impacted by issues that are not of their own making." ...Chopra interjected, "And women," to which Harris replied, "Absolutely."

Yup...what's even more impressive than a hurricane singling out "black" neighborhoods is a hurricane avoiding the males in that neighborhood.

Color-blindness is one of those white male constructs and thus part of the evil western hierarchy which must be destroyed. You really need to go back to school and get re-educated. You are supporting white supremacy with all that color-blindness non-sense.
Are you saying it is no longer en vogue to be color blind?

Like can I be shallow again and stop worrying about freeing my mind?

Are you saying it is no longer en vogue to be color blind?

Like can I be shallow again and stop worrying about freeing my mind?
Sure...that is why saying such evil things as "all lives matter" makes you a member of the KKK. If you are white/male/conservatives you must acknowledge your privilege and shut your damn mouth and listen.

I think the idea is a wealthy person can financially deal with a catastrophe more easily than a poor person. The poor will likely need more government help on average. People of color and single moms have, on average, less wealth.

I think the idea is a wealthy person can financially deal with a catastrophe more easily than a poor person. The poor will likely need more government help on average. People of color and single moms have, on average, less wealth.
Exactly...though, clearly she needs new people to vet how she says something before she says it. She seems to try and pander rather than get the point you are making out (and she sucks at it...and likely hurts overall as she pisses off other voters with this).

I think Elon Musk said it best that assistance should be based on need.

Direct Headline: Buttigieg on Kamala Harris' Ian 'equity' controversy: Some see 'politics where it doesn't need to be'

By Charles Creitz October 4, 2022 6:23pm EDT

....Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg was pressed on comments from Vice President Kamala Harris that critics said suggested Hurricane Ian relief aid be delegated based on factors other than purely loss claims....Harris had said that "it is our lowest-income communities and our communities of color that are most impacted by these extreme conditions… We have to address this in a way that is about giving resources based on equity, understanding that we fight for equality, but we also need to fight for equity."....

...On "Your World" Tuesday, Buttigieg was asked about those remarks....In response, the secretary said every claimant's case is indeed different, in terms of light home damage versus a destroyed dwelling, or residents asking for relief when their neighborhood was "completely cut off from resources" versus one that is still accessible....

...."I think we all know that some Americans bear the brunt most-of-all of extreme weather events. And we've got to make sure that we're helping everybody based on the need that is there....And that's something that I think you see built into the process right now," he said.....Buttigieg said relief should be based on need, and that "there are some folks who see politics where it doesn't need to be."....

https://www.foxnews.com/media/butti...oversy-some-see-politics-where-doesnt-need-be

If we are talking about current Team Blue elected officials, then I disagree

Pete Buttigieg ran as far away from Kamala Harris and her toxic narrative as fast as possible. He did it for his own political survival.

What those in Team Blue need to do is "separate and divide" away from the clear idiots. Kamala Harris is an idiot. There, I said it. I'm not the only one here who feels that way. I've posted enough about her failures in the past two years, to exhaustive detail, to legitimately call her an idiot. The "clear idiots" would also include those in the DNC who helped to get Harris the nomination in the first place.

Doug Mastriano, now running for office, is a Republican. He's also an idiot. I want the GOP to "separate and divide" away from imbeciles like that too.

What would have been wrong with Team Blue "separating and dividing" from Joe Biden about three decades ago? There are 19 million women and little girls in Afghanistan being raped and used like human toilets as the spoils of war because of Biden's incompetence. Do you think those women and children wished America and the Democratic Party had separated and divided from Biden earlier? Especially before infants were being thrown into razor wire and people were falling off of plane landing gears and those seen as "sympathizers" to the United States were being openly executed in the street. Oh, and the entire country is starving as well. Again, thanks to Joe Biden.

If you are saying "separating and dividing" in terms of rhetoric that sounds like it's coming from a terrorist recruiter, then sure. But that only starts when the idiots get punted.

London Breed, the psychotic Mayor of SF ( and yes, my property taxes there pay her massive salary) wanted to pay gang bangers and street criminals with tax dollars to reward them for NOT shooting each other.

She's an idiot. Can I call Breed an idiot without being called a bigot or a misogynist or a MAGA edgelord over it?

The most bi-partisan thing anyone can do is to just plain call stupid as stupid.

For example, Pete Buttigieg has no understanding of basic politics at all. He was once a legitimate POTUS contender, self imploded and now he's trying to dance around Kamala Harris' incompetence here with no upside at all. Just deflect Mayor Pete. How hard is that? Apparently very hard. You know what's not hard? Stop going to work for three months straight while you are in charge of DOT within one of the worst crisis points in American political history.

So yes someone like Katie Porter, a Democrat who sounds rational and acts in a manner like she really wants to help every day working class American citizens, should separate and divide away from as many of these idiots as possible. In her Party or out of her Party.

Mayor Pete is angling to split the ticket in 2024 POTUS and he managed to pick the worst possible choice out of all of them to do it. He's already got problems with the black vote from his South Bend days, did he need to create more problems with Harris for no real gain?

Direct Headline: Buttigieg on Kamala Harris' Ian 'equity' controversy: Some see 'politics where it doesn't need to be'

By Charles Creitz October 4, 2022 6:23pm EDT

....Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg was pressed on comments from Vice President Kamala Harris that critics said suggested Hurricane Ian relief aid be delegated based on factors other than purely loss claims....Harris had said that "it is our lowest-income communities and our communities of color that are most impacted by these extreme conditions… We have to address this in a way that is about giving resources based on equity, understanding that we fight for equality, but we also need to fight for equity."....

...On "Your World" Tuesday, Buttigieg was asked about those remarks....In response, the secretary said every claimant's case is indeed different, in terms of light home damage versus a destroyed dwelling, or residents asking for relief when their neighborhood was "completely cut off from resources" versus one that is still accessible....

...."I think we all know that some Americans bear the brunt most-of-all of extreme weather events. And we've got to make sure that we're helping everybody based on the need that is there....And that's something that I think you see built into the process right now," he said.....Buttigieg said relief should be based on need, and that "there are some folks who see politics where it doesn't need to be."....

https://www.foxnews.com/media/butti...oversy-some-see-politics-where-doesnt-need-be

If we are talking about current Team Blue elected officials, then I disagree

Pete Buttigieg ran as far away from Kamala Harris and her toxic narrative as fast as possible. He did it for his own political survival.

What those in Team Blue need to do is "separate and divide" away from the clear idiots. Kamala Harris is an idiot. There, I said it. I'm not the only one here who feels that way. I've posted enough about her failures in the past two years, to exhaustive detail, to legitimately call her an idiot. The "clear idiots" would also include those in the DNC who helped to get Harris the nomination in the first place.

Doug Mastriano, now running for office, is a Republican. He's also an idiot. I want the GOP to "separate and divide" away from imbeciles like that too.

What would have been wrong with Team Blue "separating and dividing" from Joe Biden about three decades ago? There are 19 million women and little girls in Afghanistan being raped and used like human toilets as the spoils of war because of Biden's incompetence. Do you think those women and children wished America and the Democratic Party had separated and divided from Biden earlier? Especially before infants were being thrown into razor wire and people were falling off of plane landing gears and those seen as "sympathizers" to the United States were being openly executed in the street. Oh, and the entire country is starving as well. Again, thanks to Joe Biden.

If you are saying "separating and dividing" in terms of rhetoric that sounds like it's coming from a terrorist recruiter, then sure. But that only starts when the idiots get punted.

London Breed, the psychotic Mayor of SF ( and yes, my property taxes there pay her massive salary) wanted to pay gang bangers and street criminals with tax dollars to reward them for NOT shooting each other.

She's an idiot. Can I call Breed an idiot without being called a bigot or a misogynist or a MAGA edgelord over it?

The most bi-partisan thing anyone can do is to just plain call stupid as stupid.

For example, Pete Buttigieg has no understanding of basic politics at all. He was once a legitimate POTUS contender, self imploded and now he's trying to dance around Kamala Harris' incompetence here with no upside at all. Just deflect Mayor Pete. How hard is that? Apparently very hard. You know what's not hard? Stop going to work for three months straight while you are in charge of DOT within one of the worst crisis points in American political history.

So yes someone like Katie Porter, a Democrat who sounds rational and acts in a manner like she really wants to help every day working class American citizens, should separate and divide away from as many of these idiots as possible. In her Party or out of her Party.

Mayor Pete is angling to split the ticket in 2024 POTUS and he managed to pick the worst possible choice out of all of them to do it. He's already got problems with the black vote from his South Bend days, did he need to create more problems with Harris for no real gain?

Like a mile run, Pete is starting to position himself for the last quarter.

Head to head from the left side. Harris would not stand a chance vs Pete.

So either she is not smart enough to understand how she damages herself politically with these statements, or she’s next level smart and somehow they will serve her well.

I’m leaning the former.

I wonder how someone with “no understanding of basic politics at all” could somehow leverage being the major of South Bend to a presidential run and a cabinet position.

Steven A. takes a shot at Harris.

Smith said he wished the vice president would be honest with the public on critical issues of the day instead of "giggling all the dang time."

"A lot of times I’m looking at Kamala Harris and I'm just saying, ‘you are a highly intelligent and accomplished woman. Will you tell us what you truly, truly think instead of giggling all the dang time, every time somebody asks you a question?’" he sa
id.

Smith said he wished the vice president would be honest with the public on critical issues of the day instead of "giggling all the dang time."

"A lot of times I’m looking at Kamala Harris and I'm just saying, ‘you are a highly intelligent and accomplished woman. Will you tell us what you truly, truly think instead of giggling all the dang time, every time somebody asks you a question?’" he sa
id.
Probably the first time I ever agreed with that dude

id.
I disagree that she's "highly intelligent" and "accomplished". Everyone knows how she got her political positions (see Willie Brown for starters) and it wasn't thru "accomplishments" and she was an absolute disaster in every position she "accomplished". Also, anyone watching videos of her talking can verifiably see that she's not intelligent.

Last edited:

id.
I disagree that she's "highly intelligent" and "accomplished". Everyone knows how she got her political positions (see Willie Brown for starters) and it wasn't thru "accomplishments" and she was an absolute disaster in every position she "accomplished". Also, anyone watching videos of her talking can verifiably see that she's not intelligent.
Yeah, you’re right. I was agreeing with this part …
Will you tell us what you truly, truly think instead of giggling all the dang time, every time somebody asks you a question?’" he said.

id.
Could you imagine if someone else described the Russia-Ukraine war like a 2nd grader?

Users who are viewing this thread