What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tyrod or Cam for Mariota? WHIR (1 Viewer)

themeistersinger

Footballguy
Currently have Cam Newton and Tyrod Taylor.  An owner in my league has Marcus Mariota and no backup.  Thinking of offering a straight trade of either Taylor or Newton (probably Taylor) for Mariota.  Good idea?

Here are their schedules
Cam Newton - Week 8 @ Buccs, 9 vs. Falcons, 10 vs. Dolphins, 11 BYE, 12 @ Jets, 13 @ Saints, 14 vs. Vikings, 15 vs. Packers, 16 vs. Buccs
Tyrod Taylor - Week 8 vs. Raiders, 9 @ Jets, 10 vs. Saints, 11 @ Chargers, 12 @ Chiefs, 13 vs. Patriots, 14 vs. Colts, 15 vs. Dolphins, 16 @ Patriots
Marcus Mariota - Week 8 BYE, 9 vs. Ravens, 10 vs. Bengals, 11 @ Steelers, 12 @ Colts, 13 vs. Texans, 14 @ Cardinals, 15 @ 49ers, 16 vs. Rams

Here's my current team.  Either Lewis or Cohen will get dropped for a kicker.

QB - Cam Newton (Bye week 11)
QB - Tyrod Taylor (Bye week 6)
RB - Ezekiel Elliott (Bye wEek 6) - keeping fingers, toes, etc. crossed
RB - Jay Ajayi (Bye week 1)
RB - Doug Martin (Bye week 1)
RB - Tarik Cohen (Bye week 9)
RB - Dion Lewis (Bye week 9)
WR - Julio Jones (Bye week 5)
WR - Deandre Hopkins (Bye week 7)
WR - Devante Parker (Bye week 1)
WR - Corey Davis (Bye week 8)
TE - Hunter Henry (Bye week 9)
TE - Greg Olsen (Bye week 11) - in IR Spot, can return week 12
DST - Jaguars (Bye week 8)
DST - Eagles (Bye week 10) - will drop them next week to pick up a TE to cover for Hunter Henry
K - vacant

Leave a link - thanks

Also, here is my other one if you would be so kind:
https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/762034-ppr-ros-dion-lewis-or-tarik-cohen-whir/

Thanks for answering mine. I would actually just keep both Taylor and Cam. Their rest of season schedules are both very nice. Your faith in Mariota rests on last season and him lighting it up in the 2nd half but there's been little proof that such a turnaround is in sight for this season. Until they find some consistency in their run game and perform better in the red zone, I would stay where you're at. Mariota comes out of the bye with the Bengals, Ravens, and Steelers, three REALLY good pass defenses.

Taylor has the best schedule, especially in the playoffs, so I'd offer Cam, but honestly after seeing Mariota last week against Cleveland (yes, he was coming off injury) he was just plain bad.  I'd be inclined to agree with wheeleke and just tell you to sit tight with what you have. 

Eh I think based on what you have here I'd trade Taylor, not Newton.

I don't think snagging MM for the upside is a bad idea. Basically MM is an acquire & hold until he shows up and becomes consistent.

Having said that if I'm the MM owner I'm not trading him for TT, but give it a shot, if he accepts it it's an upgrade for you. 

THANKS for answering mine!

Users who are viewing this thread