What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 46 - Finale - Up Next: Survivor Forty Several (3 Viewers)

I can't recall someone accidentally writing down someone else's name, especially not the person who holds your hand as you have a night terror. Good on you Kenzie for continuing to help the guy who voted for you.
Kenzie is a top 10 all time Survivor for me. I would definitely have a beer with her.

I'm just watching now, and while I said earlier that Kenzie might be one of the most likable players ever in the game, I'm even more convinced of that now. I know she has very little chance to win, but I just love her.
Her biggest obstacles are Charlie and Fire. You have to think that either Maria or Charlie will be gone next vote. It comes down to the final challenge, and the Maria/Charlie survivor will be the prohibitive favorite (although Kenzie did get one immunity win). The Maria/Charlie survivor will take Liz to the end. It comes down to Kenzie vs Ben in the fire challenge and I just frankly don't see Ben winning anything.

Charlie is hard to beat because he's played a great game and has a high likability factor. I could really see Kenzie beating Maria. Working against Maria will likely be Q trying to "win" over Ponderosa on her behalf, enraging an already emotional jury.

I can't recall someone accidentally writing down someone else's name, especially not the person who holds your hand as you have a night terror. Good on you Kenzie for continuing to help the guy who voted for you.
Kenzie is a top 10 all time Survivor for me. I would definitely have a beer with her.

I'm just watching now, and while I said earlier that Kenzie might be one of the most likable players ever in the game, I'm even more convinced of that now. I know she has very little chance to win, but I just love her.
If she's in F3 with Ben and Liz, I think she wins that easily. She could also win against Maria or (less likely) Charlie if the jury is bitter, which they might be.

Liz hammering those gluten filled noodles. :rolleyes:

It being Chinese food, I assumed they were rice noodles, which are nearly always gluten-free.
Despite their differences, chow mein and lo mein dishes are both made with Chinese egg noodles, which are wheat flour noodles with egg added. While lo mein requires fresh egg noodles, chow mein can be made with either fresh or dried egg noodles.
:shrug:

Liz hammering those gluten filled noodles. :rolleyes:

It being Chinese food, I assumed they were rice noodles, which are nearly always gluten-free.
Despite their differences, chow mein and lo mein dishes are both made with Chinese egg noodles, which are wheat flour noodles with egg added. While lo mein requires fresh egg noodles, chow mein can be made with either fresh or dried egg noodles.
:shrug:
Ah, guess I didn’t pay attention enough to know they were having chow mein.

There are two excellent secret scenes that should have been included.

The first is the morning after the Tim boot. Maria confronts Ben on the beach and asks him if he or Tim had the Siga idol. When Ben says no, she accuses him of having the idol and failing to save Tim, and makes him cry. After she leaves, Charlie comes to Ben to comfort him.

The second is a talk between Q and Liz after the Venus boot. Q tries to apologize for the Applebees and pizza reward shenanigans. Liz says she is trying to understand him but can’t. Q says they have similar backgrounds — both grew up poor and became successful business owners — and should be able to understand each other. Ben is there too and when he asks if he should leave, they say “no, you don’t have TV so this is as close as it gets.”

My wife thought she heard Jeff say it was a gluten-free reward.

Someone said "dumplings," but that might have been Charlie wishing there were dumplings. Those certainly wouldn't be gluten-free. Maybe certain things were made with rice flour and no soy, so that she could eat them.

Anyway, her chowing down on whatever even if it has gluten might not make the top 100 most annoying things she's done on the show. :)

Someone said "dumplings," but that might have been Charlie wishing there were dumplings. Those certainly wouldn't be gluten-free. Maybe certain things were made with rice flour and no soy, so that she could eat them.

Anyway, her chowing down on whatever even if it has gluten might not make the top 100 most annoying things she's done on the show. :)
Soy sauce also contains gluten. :shrug:

Soy sauce also contains gluten.
There is gluten free soy sauce that taste very much like regular soy sauce. As k4 mentioned, Liz's noodles could have been rice noodles. Gluten free chow mein noodles also exist. Also, rice flour (as k4 mentioned) or almond flour, etc. could have been used to prepare some things. Survivor knows they have a contestant with food allergies, and I'm sure they made sure they have the proper things to accommodate that contestant in case they participate on certain rewards and/or go to Ponderosa.

There is gluten free soy sauce that taste very much like regular soy sauce. As k4 mentioned, Liz's noodles could have been rice noodles. Gluten free chow mein noodles also exist. Also, rice flour (as k4 mentioned) or almond flour, etc. could have been used to prepare some things. Survivor knows they have a contestant with food allergies, and I'm sure they made sure they have the proper things to accommodate that contestant in case they participate on certain rewards and/or go to Ponderosa.
fair enough. jeff made a point to say there was gluten free pizza. he didn't for this. chinese food is particularly hard to make gluten free. i'm going to agree with liz herself and say that most of her allergies are in her head. :shrug:

fair enough. jeff made a point to say there was gluten free pizza. he didn't for this. chinese food is particularly hard to make gluten free. i'm going to agree with liz herself and say that most of her allergies are in her head. :shrug:

Plus gluten intolerance isn't the same as a "if I touch a peanut I die" allergy

Soy sauce also contains gluten. :shrug:

That's why I said maybe certain things were made with rice flour and "no soy," indicating that perhaps she could have eaten those made in that prep. I'm well aware of the soy issue (stepfather is legit Celiac), which is why I mentioned the soy.

ETA: :shrug:

Plus gluten intolerance isn't the same as a "if I touch a peanut I die" allergy
Nevermind

Last edited:

The first is the morning after the Tim boot. Maria confronts Ben on the beach and asks him if he or Tim had the Siga idol. When Ben says no, she accuses him of having the idol and failing to save Tim, and makes him cry. After she leaves, Charlie comes to Ben to comfort him.

The second is a talk between Q and Liz after the Venus boot. Q tries to apologize for the Applebees and pizza reward shenanigans. Liz says she is trying to understand him but can’t. Q says they have similar backgrounds — both grew up poor and became successful business owners — and should be able to understand each other. Ben is there too and when he asks if he should leave, they say “no, you don’t have TV so this is as close as it gets.”

Wow! Particularly the Maria video. Just goes to show how much editing can mold the view of a player. While she didn't do anything truly bad in the video, it would definitely cast her in a more negative light to the viewers. It also probably informs why the others were so quick to side with Charlie (who continues to come off as a top notch human in his comforting of Ben).

Sooooo....since Maria knew Q had the idol and went home.....does she have an advantage with an early idol search????

Wow! Particularly the Maria video. Just goes to show how much editing can mold the view of a player. While she didn't do anything truly bad in the video, it would definitely cast her in a more negative light to the viewers. It also probably informs why the others were so quick to side with Charlie (who continues to come off as a top notch human in his comforting of Ben).
I can see why they didn’t include the Q scene, because Liz ended up voting Q out anyway. But the only explanation I can think of for not including the Maria scene is that they weren’t ready to show her villainous side yet.

... But the only explanation I can think of for not including the Maria scene is that they weren’t ready to show her villainous side yet.
I find the comment section interesting. I hadn't seen any of these deleted scenes as of yet, but it seems that those that have and commented on this one formed a completely different opinion on Maria and her chances to win than what I think is the consensus here.

... But the only explanation I can think of for not including the Maria scene is that they weren’t ready to show her villainous side yet.
I find the comment section interesting. I hadn't seen any of these deleted scenes as of yet, but it seems that those that have and commented on this one formed a completely different opinion on Maria and her chances to win than what I think is the consensus here.
It's generally a bad idea to read YouTube comments. In general, because they suck, but specifically to Survivor, because sometimes they contain spoilers.

But Maria does seem to be a polarizing player, like quite a few cast members this season.

Bad move on Maria's part to say "You guys are finally playing the game!" Insult to them, even if you aren't impressed by their game.

Potential bad move on Kenzie's part to take Ben instead of Maria. This leaves Maria at camp with the possibility of finding an idol.

Really great game by Maria, well deserved respect shown to her by the tribe.

Charlie's game to lose now. I think he'll win the last immunity, and even if not, he just has to beat Ben in fire.

Really great game by Maria, well deserved respect shown to her by the tribe.

Charlie's game to lose now. I think he'll win the last immunity, and even if not, he just has to beat Ben in fire.
Wow, Ben making fire pretty well with no pressure on.

I'm a little behind watching on delay, but Liz just said she thinks everyone has identified her as the main threat who must be sent to fire. Total lack of self awareness.

Wow Charlie, can't believe he spaced a second time. The first time was understandable because the ball skipped a few levels but just awful.

Ben with his first win of the season, just can't believe it. May work out for Charlie though because Ben was making fire pretty well. I wouldn't be surprised if Ben takes Kenzie with him to the final out of loyalty for helping him with his night terrors.

Ben gets no votes. I'm really happy with either Charlie or Kenzie as the winner. I think Charlie will win a close vote.

I just watched Liz tell everyone "It was over for you guys". Charlie tells her "Chelsea will be proud". I bet that is the deciding vote that wins it for Charlie. She seemed ticked at Kenzie for winning.

Users who are viewing this thread