What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 46 - Episode Nine - They Can Cancel Christmas! (2 Viewers)

Seems that Venus is it this year for final 3 no votes. Almost everyone dislikes her, are laughing behind back as she thinks she leading.
Tired of her smirky cocky, not me, at tribal.
So, if she is the tag along, I hope they let her have it at final tribal as she needs to be knocked down a peg or two. :popcorn:

Q reminds me of a roommate I had once.
Claimed he wanted no drama for roommates, there were 4 of us living there, yet he was constantly bringing drama into every situation.

All of them are bad at this in their own special way. I am continuing to move Kenzie and Charlie up the likelihood of winning list.

Hunter had a chance for a big move but it was dumb instead. He's like every other Joe/Ozzy/Rupert/Colby before him with the poor social/strategy.

Like Q comes to you with the info...tell Q he should trust you, go along with the plan, and that this is the time to let other people up their threat meter.

Then play your idol to save Tevin and Tiff goes home. Tevin can toss his extra vote at anyone just in case.

All of them are bad at this in their own special way. I am continuing to move Kenzie and Charlie up the likelihood of winning list.

Hunter had a chance for a big move but it was dumb instead. He's like every other Joe/Ozzy/Rupert/Colby before him with the poor social/strategy.

Like Q comes to you with the info...tell Q he should trust you, go along with the plan, and that this is the time to let other people up their threat meter.

Then play your idol to save Tevin and Tiff goes home. Tevin can toss his extra vote at anyone just in case.
It really is bad game play. Think about this. Tiff wants to vote Maria off and Maria finds out and through this Q leaks that his #1 has an idol. Q also tries to quit the game and Liz decides that, even though no one else in the game likes her, her best move is to get her only friend in Tevin as if anyone will recognize that she made the move. Hunter sees he’s about to lose his #1 and just moans and groans silently.

It still amazes me that Tevin somehow went home when Maria knew she was targeted by Tiff, got more than enough votes to get rid of Tiff and let her stay in the game with the idol that Maria’s #1 spilled the beans to Tiff that they know about the idol.

Vote Tiff to get rid of an idol and a person who put your name up. Vote Q because he’s Tiff’s #1 and leaves her with less alliances and possibly flushes the idol. Why vote Tevin at all, just because a person you’ve never aligned with says so?

It really is bad game play. Think about this. Tiff wants to vote Maria off and Maria finds out and through this Q leaks that his #1 has an idol. Q also tries to quit the game and Liz decides that, even though no one else in the game likes her, her best move is to get her only friend in Tevin as if anyone will recognize that she made the move. Hunter sees he’s about to lose his #1 and just moans and groans silently.

It still amazes me that Tevin somehow went home when Maria knew she was targeted by Tiff, got more than enough votes to get rid of Tiff and let her stay in the game with the idol that Maria’s #1 spilled the beans to Tiff that they know about the idol.

Vote Tiff to get rid of an idol and a person who put your name up. Vote Q because he’s Tiff’s #1 and leaves her with less alliances and possibly flushes the idol. Why vote Tevin at all, just because a person you’ve never aligned with says so?

Still don't like how they let them huddle up and talk at Tribal....ridiculous
I’ve never really liked that either. Not sure how to stop it and it’s part of the game now. The other thing I don’t like is how sometimes Jeff just asks the quitter if they want to quit and there’s no vote and this time he doesn’t do it. Seems too subjective about people quitting.

The other thing I don’t like is how sometimes Jeff just asks the quitter if they want to quit and there’s no vote and this time he doesn’t do it. Seems too subjective about people quitting.
Or he always does and they just edit it out when the group agrees they want a vote still.

I thought the best line of the episode was from Hunter in the voting booth... "whatever" with a head shake. Summed up the entire episode for me. Many of the players are delusional and several others are bonkers. Heck, some are both.

Didn't Q say in the beginning episode he was the best real estate agent in Arkansas?....or something like that?...I wouldn't buy a candy bar from that lunatic....

The other thing I don’t like is how sometimes Jeff just asks the quitter if they want to quit and there’s no vote and this time he doesn’t do it. Seems too subjective about people quitting.
Or he always does and they just edit it out when the group agrees they want a vote still.
He said on his podcast last season that he "reads the room" as far as whether the players want a vote and acts accordingly. So there is no formula by design.

I thought the best line of the episode was from Hunter in the voting booth... "whatever" with a head shake. Summed up the entire episode for me. Many of the players are delusional and several others are bonkers. Heck, some are both.
The entire series of voting confessionals was gold.

I much prefer a delusional/bonkers cast to the gamebots we got in most of the other new era seasons.

He said on his podcast last season that he "reads the room" as far as whether the players want a vote and acts accordingly. So there is no formula by design.
I’m aware. As I said, I don’t like that it’s treated differently. I feel bad for Tevin going home when someone asked to quit. If the quitter is more interesting for TV then he’s going to let it go. When someone quits, they should be gone, just like medical emergencies. One man’s opinion.

I’m aware. As I said, I don’t like that it’s treated differently. I feel bad for Tevin going home when someone asked to quit. If the quitter is more interesting for TV then he’s going to let it go. When someone quits, they should be gone, just like medical emergencies. One man’s opinion.
He didn't really ask to quit. This wasn't Osten. For all we know, he just wanted to sow crazy amounts of chaos in an attempt to do...something? There's just a very clear difference between whatever the hell Q did and the people who have quit. Vibes were totally different.

He didn't really ask to quit. This wasn't Osten. For all we know, he just wanted to sow crazy amounts of chaos in an attempt to do...something? There's just a very clear difference between whatever the hell Q did and the people who have quit. Vibes were totally different.
Yep, and Jeff said as much on his podcast.

It seems like Q is one of those people who needs complete control over everything, and throws a hissy fit and threatens to quit/abandon things if he doesn't have it.

Last edited:
Q is delusional. In his mind only is he some accountability crusader. He owns nothing, and quits everything. He’s also a walking/talking contradiction re: loyalty. I just wouldn’t have guessed he’d become so unlikable.

Oh Hunter… all that savvy cred keeping an idol secrets for weeks flushed down the toilet blabbering it to everyone before his most exposed tribal. You could have picked the player who left with your own vote by staying silent. Sigh, and a much deserved goodbye.

Q had a right to be angry about the rice. He should have said "Look around, ain't no one beating Hunter in this challenge, so lets have some rice". Poor decision on the group's part.
It was a reflection that they don't trust each other, possibly to an extent not seen in the new era. Given how we've seen them play the game and interact with each other, it made perfect sense.

Probst said during one of his pregame interviews that this was the first cast that had found ways to work around some of the twists and tropes of the new era. This was probably one of the things he was referring to. On his podcast last night he said this is not the last time rice will be brought up during the season.

The players know that production can't and won't let them starve. It's really the one piece of leverage over production that they have, and this "mandatory rice negotiation" twist in the new era is production's way of trying to take it away. In some older seasons, you saw things happen like tribes giving up items won on rewards, or tearing down their shelter and rebuilding it, in exchange for rice. We could see something like that happen.
I haven't seen the latest episode yet. But, I thought it was an interesting last season when Jeff made the "if X number of players sit out this challenge, you get this bag of rice" offer. The players were taking their time deciding who would sit out. So, Jeff stabbed the bag of rice and the players had to decide as the rice poured onto the ground. They decided a lot quicker after that.

Wanted to mention something I heard on a recent podcast. They're not really that hungry anymore. They're fed well enough that the rice reward isn't that motivating. I hadn't really consciously realized this, but, they don't go fishing anymore either. The 26-day game moves so fast that just being away from camp for a couple of hours can jeopardize your place, so, no one tries fishing. They don't have the desperate hunger they used to have in the longer seasons. Plus the producers and/or CBS decided watching people starve didn't make good TV (I guess to see why watch later episodes of "Alone"). And as a result the 'tribe provider' role is kinda gone too. A bag of rice is nice but not really worth much risk.

Oh Hunter, I thought you were different. Starting to think it may be in their contract upon entry that you must, at some point, tell at least one person that you have an idol. Baffling.

I understand that he said he didn't only need to play the idol for himself, but he had to play it in a way that would impact future relationships, game play, etc. But man, what a huge swing and a miss. Panicking and asking everyone "is it me???? is it Q??????, am I good??"...

Such a sad look for a guy who had the power to simply survive to play for immunity (his strong suit) another day. Plus, he could begin looking for the idol again.

If he keeps quiet and just plays it, he finds out who all voted for him and gets a sense of where he stands going forward.

I know, I know, Monday morning QB and all that... and it worked for Tiff. She told everyone she had an idol and no one wrote her name down or even tried to flush hers.

Q is delusional. In his mind only is he some accountability crusader. He owns nothing, and quits everything. He’s also a walking/talking contradiction re: loyalty. I just wouldn’t have guessed he’d become so unlikable.

Oh Hunter… all that savvy cred keeping an idol secrets for weeks flushed down the toilet blabbering it to everyone before his most exposed tribal. You could have picked the player who left with your own vote by staying silent. Sigh, and a much deserved goodbye.
Disagree about the bolded. I think he thought that it would be mainly him and a few votes on Q. Thus, if he saves himself and votes Ben, Q still goes home. I think he tried to get just enough votes to make sure that there was a blindside of Ben. But he tried too many people to do that, including telling them about his idol, and it backfired.

Then I think he thought there was enough people voting Q that he didn't need to. Problem was, all the people that were telling him Q during the live TC actually did vote Q. But, the others did not.

Sure didn't expect those 2 bad moves by Hunter- telling everyone you have an idol an then not playing it.
It cracks me up that Liz and Venus both think they've been running the vote the last couple tribals.
At this point I see Tiff,Maria or Charlie winning it all
So dumb by Hunter. Then you could see him getting set up at the vote.

Great season and good editing. They have gotten really good last couple seasons of editing the show.

Charlie looking really good at the moment to win.

Wanted to mention something I heard on a recent podcast. They're not really that hungry anymore. They're fed well enough that the rice reward isn't that motivating. I hadn't really consciously realized this, but, they don't go fishing anymore either. The 26-day game moves so fast that just being away from camp for a couple of hours can jeopardize your place, so, no one tries fishing. They don't have the desperate hunger they used to have in the longer seasons. Plus the producers and/or CBS decided watching people starve didn't make good TV (I guess to see why watch later episodes of "Alone"). And as a result the 'tribe provider' role is kinda gone too. A bag of rice is nice but not really worth much risk.

I've been wondering for some time about why they never show anyone cooking fish or even attempting to fish. I had incorrectly assumed that it was just much harder to actually catch anything, so that's why they never aired it, but what you said definitely makes sense.

I guess that's just one more reason why I so much prefer AUS Survivor these days.

Sure didn't expect those 2 bad moves by Hunter- telling everyone you have an idol an then not playing it.
It cracks me up that Liz and Venus both think they've been running the vote the last couple tribals.

Great season and good editing. They have gotten really good last couple seasons of editing the show.

Charlie and Moria (sp?) could go far as a pair. Will be interesting to see when/if they every decide to turn on each other.

Disagree about the bolded. I think he thought that it would be mainly him and a few votes on Q. Thus, if he saves himself and votes Ben, Q still goes home. I think he tried to get just enough votes to make sure that there was a blindside of Ben. But he tried too many people to do that, including telling them about his idol, and it backfired.
I might need to rewatch (puke) but thought the edit we saw had alignment on voting out Hunter. Ben-Maria-Charlie determined that on the beach after learning Tiff would play an idol. They included Kenzie, who though it boring but ultimately she agreed. They were not telling Q/Liz. Q was saying he was voting Tiff (to Kenzie at least, though he was also plotting Hunter). I can't recall if Liz said anything about where she was leaning - that may be where my logic failed - but IF the votes were Hunter (other than a Tiff vote by Q), and Tiff said she'd play hers if Hunter played his, all those votes get wiped and only Hunter (and I guess Liz) votes would matter. the 4-4-1 was clearly a consequence of Hunter blabbing.

I might need to rewatch (puke) but thought the edit we saw had alignment on voting out Hunter. Ben-Maria-Charlie determined that on the beach after learning Tiff would play an idol. They included Kenzie, who though it boring but ultimately she agreed. They were not telling Q/Liz. Q was saying he was voting Tiff (to Kenzie at least, though he was also plotting Hunter). I can't recall if Liz said anything about where she was leaning - that may be where my logic failed - but IF the votes were Hunter (other than a Tiff vote by Q), and Tiff said she'd play hers if Hunter played his, all those votes get wiped and only Hunter (and I guess Liz) votes would matter. the 4-4-1 was clearly a consequence of Hunter blabbing.

Yeah, I think I agree with your numbers. I think Hunter really only had to tell Q and get Q to vote with him. I think he screwed up when he told Venus, who then blabbed to Kenzie (or maybe it was the other way around).

But the point is he really only needed 1 more vote in case there was a solo vote by the group. He and Q could have picked who they wanted to get rid of.

Here is the actual voting, fyi:

Q voted for Ben
The 4 votes for Q were Kenzie, Liz, Venus, Hunter
The 4 votes for Hunter were Ben, Charlie, Maria Tiff

On the revote, everyone but Liz voted Hunter. Liz still voted Q.

Oh Hunter, I thought you were different. Starting to think it may be in their contract upon entry that you must, at some point, tell at least one person that you have an idol. Baffling.

I understand that he said he didn't only need to play the idol for himself, but he had to play it in a way that would impact future relationships, game play, etc. But man, what a huge swing and a miss. Panicking and asking everyone "is it me???? is it Q??????, am I good??"...

Such a sad look for a guy who had the power to simply survive to play for immunity (his strong suit) another day. Plus, he could begin looking for the idol again.

If he keeps quiet and just plays it, he finds out who all voted for him and gets a sense of where he stands going forward.

I know, I know, Monday morning QB and all that... and it worked for Tiff. She told everyone she had an idol and no one wrote her name down or even tried to flush hers.
Hunter was 1/3 of a good Survivor player. Great at challenges but bad at strategy and the social game. It seemed like he outsourced strategy and social game to Tevin, then had no idea what to do when Tevin was gone.

Kenzie or Ben could win too, depending on who they are with at the end. They appear to have a genuine alliance, the only one left in the game aside from Maria/Charlie. The only chance Q, Liz and Venus have is to go to the end with each other.

Charlie and Moria (sp?) could go far as a pair. Will be interesting to see when/if they every decide to turn on each other.
I think they would keep their pact to the end and not let people know it's been a thing the whole time. They are both smart about how they talk and keep it tight.

@Pip's Invitation is right, Hunter was one dimensional player, and the challenge beast rarely wins his or her way to the sole survivor prize. He did well keeping his idol quiet...until he didn't. Greed kills. Usually the idols go back in play, Hunter would have had a great chance to find it again. He knew he had to play it when he was vulnerable, and he let himself get talked out of it. Tiff knew that since everyone knew she has an idol, she had to burn it because it just makes your target that much bigger. She was 100% going to burn it, until she looked around at the clowns surrounding her. I think she'll burn it as soon as she doesn't have immunity. Really good player, but she needs to reel in her emotions on Q. Don't let his poor play bait you into making a bad move.

Love Maria and Charlie, would be thrilled with a win from either. Good for Charlie winning that immunity idol. Maria is the picture of calmness and is what Tiff should model. Maria knows Tiff was gunning for her, but instead of letting her emotions dominate, she thoughtfully assessed the situation (still knowing she'll take a shot at Tiff as soon as it makes sense).

I'd be good with Tiff, Kenzie, or Ben winning. All are likable players, and Kenzie really grew on me. I thought she might be constantly flipping or stirring trouble, but she has been a really solid social player and good with strategy. Ben has an airhead vibe to him but still pretty likable if unremarkable. Tiff is a well rounded player who unfortunately got saddled with a nutcase in Q.

Like most everyone else, I'm hoping that none of the goats get dragged to the end. I think Liz is the goat most likely to make it, as people are genuinely angry at Q for being so erratic and it appears Venus is just terrible to be around. Liz has an inflated sense of self worth but doesn't seem to be rubbing people the wrong way nearly as much as Q and Venus.

Basically every time ever anyone shares that they have an idol is bad.

Tiff made the best of the news getting out. Hunter saw that and tried the same...but being a target and then making it bigger when you didn't have to is dumb. You coulda played it, surprised everyone, and Ben (idk why you picked Ben) goes home.

Yep. Sorry to see Hunter go because he was fun to watch during the challenges. He should have just stayed silent and picked his person or at worst just told Q and say Q, votes are on me, vote Ben like I do and we’ll both survive.

Also, I can understand trying to save the idol. He was in a bad situation where the instant he loses an immunity challenge, he’s the vote. In order to go far, he likely did need to keep the idol and get lucky and not get voted out. That said, once Tiff didn’t play her idol, you have to play yours. Only one reason she doesn’t play the idol and that’s if she knows there are enough votes going to Q and him.

You know when Q gets dragged to the final 3 he's going to try to convince everyone that it was all his master plan.
Same thing for Venus.
Unfortunately that is what I see. Venus and Q not getting voted out as everyone thinks they are the easiest to beat in the final 3.

Hopefully it is Charlie that makes it as the overwhelming vote getter. :shrug:
I can’t stand either of them. Venus even less so because Q, while ridiculous, has been a big part of many strategies. Venus actually seems to think she’s leading the tribe now and she still doesn’t get that no one cares about her and she’s just a tag along that they’ll get rid of if she gets too annoying. I actually thought she might learn something/have a redemption arc from not being liked early, but nope, she seems back to her old self.

Tiff made the best of the news getting out. Hunter saw that and tried the same...but being a target and then making it bigger when you didn't have to is dumb. You coulda played it, surprised everyone, and Ben (idk why you picked Ben) goes home.

Yep. Sorry to see Hunter go because he was fun to watch during the challenges. He should have just stayed silent and picked his person or at worst just told Q and say Q, votes are on me, vote Ben like I do and we’ll both survive.

Also, I can understand trying to save the idol. He was in a bad situation where the instant he loses an immunity challenge, he’s the vote. In order to go far, he likely did need to keep the idol and get lucky and not get voted out. That said, once Tiff didn’t play her idol, you have to play yours. Only one reason she doesn’t play the idol and that’s if she knows there are enough votes going to Q and him.
Q voted for Ben. Hunter voted for Q.

@Pip's Invitation is right, Hunter was one dimensional player, and the challenge beast rarely wins his or her way to the sole survivor prize. He did well keeping his idol quiet...until he didn't. Greed kills. Usually the idols go back in play, Hunter would have had a great chance to find it again. He knew he had to play it when he was vulnerable, and he let himself get talked out of it. Tiff knew that since everyone knew she has an idol, she had to burn it because it just makes your target that much bigger. She was 100% going to burn it, until she looked around at the clowns surrounding her. I think she'll burn it as soon as she doesn't have immunity. Really good player, but she needs to reel in her emotions on Q. Don't let his poor play bait you into making a bad move.

Love Maria and Charlie, would be thrilled with a win from either. Good for Charlie winning that immunity idol. Maria is the picture of calmness and is what Tiff should model. Maria knows Tiff was gunning for her, but instead of letting her emotions dominate, she thoughtfully assessed the situation (still knowing she'll take a shot at Tiff as soon as it makes sense).

I'd be good with Tiff, Kenzie, or Ben winning. All are likable players, and Kenzie really grew on me. I thought she might be constantly flipping or stirring trouble, but she has been a really solid social player and good with strategy. Ben has an airhead vibe to him but still pretty likable if unremarkable. Tiff is a well rounded player who unfortunately got saddled with a nutcase in Q.

Like most everyone else, I'm hoping that none of the goats get dragged to the end. I think Liz is the goat most likely to make it, as people are genuinely angry at Q for being so erratic and it appears Venus is just terrible to be around. Liz has an inflated sense of self worth but doesn't seem to be rubbing people the wrong way nearly as much as Q and Venus.
Re reeling in her emotions on Q, her berating of him at tribal council may have inadvertently saved him.

Hunter said in his exit interviews that he knew the three Sigas were voting for him and he, Liz and Venus were voting for Q. He thought Kenzie and Tiff were going to vote Q also but he wasn’t 100% sure. He gleaned that Kenzie was going to vote Q, but going into tribal he was still unsure about Tiff. Then when she argued with Q at Tribal (which was much more intense than what was shown), Hunter convinced himself that she was voting for Q and he didn’t need to play his idol.

Of course he still should have played it because not knowing where the deciding vote is going is enough to pull the trigger. But her vitriol against Q appears to have been a big reason why Hunter kept the idol in his pocket.

yeah but back pre tribal when trying to work with Q he had suggested Ben

Yep, I know but the Ben talk from Hunter was before he let everyone else know and tribal blew up. I was saying he should have said to Q to vote Ben and not mention the idol after that. All of the votes go Hunter and Q and Hunter play the idol and get Ben.

Users who are viewing this thread