What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

State Of The Board - 2018 (1 Viewer)

PSF is the best thing ever.  I'm just sorry I got sucked into it for 4-6 months.  

I don't care if it's full of trolls, or groupthink, it's out of my vision.  

There are plenty of places that can supply right wing groupthink if that is your thing.  

The reason that the Politics subforum is a problem is pretty simple: almost every thread that is started by a Trump supporter is trolling. Almost every thread that attempts to criticize President Trump is eventually dominated by a Trump  supporter or two who, rather than defend the President, troll. Then when they are inevitably ganged up on, they complain about how poorly they are treated. Rinse and repeat. 

At this point 90% of the only intelligent discussions that go on in the subforum are between Trump critics, and they’re usually debates over strategy and tactics. Nobody on the other side bothers to provide anything close to a real and honest opinion. 

Anyhow that’s how I see it. 
Nailed it

The reason that the Politics subforum is a problem is pretty simple: almost every thread that is started by a Trump supporter is trolling. Almost every thread that attempts to criticize President Trump is eventually dominated by a Trump  supporter or two who, rather than defend the President, troll. Then when they are inevitably ganged up on, they complain about how poorly they are treated. Rinse and repeat. 

At this point 90% of the only intelligent discussions that go on in the subforum are between Trump critics, and they’re usually debates over strategy and tactics. Nobody on the other side bothers to provide anything close to a real and honest opinion. 

Well, if the subforum is made up of 95% Trump haters and 5% Trump supporters then I would agree with you that 90% of the intelligent conversation comes from Trump bashers and 10% comes from Trump supporters.  The reason that Trump supporters don't post there often is because it simply isn't worth getting attacked by the angry mob any time you do.

:lmao:  this is hilarious.  How can a Trump supporter dominate any thread when you have 122,000 posts?  

I sure hope this board continues to thrive.  I have been coming here for 15 years and really enjoyed it.  It is where I come for news and laughs.  I live vicariously through some of the posters @Arizona Ron and @Evilgrin 72. I never really posted much but really enjoyed reading. I have noticed that the population of the board is dwindling.  I guess that is because of all the twittering and facebook and the like.  The thing is I don't do either of those.  I know Reddit is real popular but I think this board is head and shoulders above anything I have read there.  I really don't see much of a difference in the two other than Reddit you can curse and be much ruder to folks than you can here.  I get all the rudeness I need in the real world so I would much rather be here.  I hope the FFA  and the rest of the Footballguys boards are a round long into the future.

I sure hope this board continues to thrive.  I have been coming here for 15 years and really enjoyed it.  It is where I come for news and laughs.  I live vicariously through some of the posters @Arizona Ron and @Evilgrin 72. I never really posted much but really enjoyed reading. I have noticed that the population of the board is dwindling.  I guess that is because of all the twittering and facebook and the like.  The thing is I don't do either of those.  I know Reddit is real popular but I think this board is head and shoulders above anything I have read there.  I really don't see much of a difference in the two other than Reddit you can curse and be much ruder to folks than you can here.  I get all the rudeness I need in the real world so I would much rather be here.  I hope the FFA  and the rest of the Footballguys boards are a round long into the future.
Population is dwindling because of the posting rules. Pretty sure eg72, who you mentioned, is gone or close to it. Lost so many good people because their posting style just doesn’t fit whatever Joe wants this place to be. 

I'm surprised Joe didn't ban his local buddy for wearing an Adrian Peterson jersey.  I guess it's okay in real life to celebrate child abusers.

Users who are viewing this thread