What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL1 Draft Thread - Rounds 17 & 18 (1 Viewer)

There was a lot of discussion on the board about late picks. Don't know if it was really targeted at me or others, but to be honest I don't care.

I completely agree with everything Aaron said. Rules were established and we agreed to the rules by joining. If we don't abide by the rules, we are punished. If someone wants to change the rules, feel free and we will individually decide whether to join or not.

As for me, I was called away on work and provided a list for my round 15 pick and assumed that I would have access as I have in the past. Unfortunately I didn't and wasn't able to get Mrs. Punk to make my pick until very late.

Like most, I enter these leagues (and win them ;) ) to have fun and talk some smack. The whining gets a little annoying. People have lives, jobs, kids, emergencies that need to be attended to. I get as annoyed as the next guy when I have to wait, but rather than whining, I give my head a shake and remember that there is life beyond the FBG world.

My $0.02.

Have a good summer all. :thumbup:

ok, Duke had sent me a PM with picks before AP showed and it looks like Duke hit the road, so I am going to post that pick (nice since it was my guy)

18-11 Devery Henderson, WR, NO

I have been debating since my last pick about who to take - essentially whether a WR with bye week help would be better than a second tight end. Given the bye weeks, I think I am going to go with just Cooley at TE - I am fine with his bye week and I am not sure how many weeks a backup would score, so

18-12 Courtney Roby, WR, TEN

ok, Duke had sent me a PM with picks before AP showed and it looks like Duke hit the road, so I am going to post that pick (nice since it was my guy)

18-11 Devery Henderson, WR, NO
This is who I would have taken if I hadn't taken Pope. It was close.

many, many thanks to the "hook man" for putting up with us and keeping the threads up to date. :thumbup:

here's to ya !! :banned: :banned:

Okay, finished at last.

Thanks and good luck to everyone. :D

I will put up a separate thread for discussion of teams/draft/strategy if people want to discuss. Perhaps we can get Jeff to off his anaylsis for an unbiased view.

See some of you later in MBSL or QSL :thumbup:

PS - a BIG thanks for the posted comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
With SSL2 and SSL3 finishing up this week, do people still think the urgency for everyone to pick during their alotted time was as important as it seemed at the time?

Users who are viewing this thread