What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Side bet with a league member (1 Viewer)

Ajsmith732

Footballguy
So I'm 10 rounds through a draft (we're continuing the draft on 9/2) and decided to enter into a side bet with a cocky league member. The winner of the bet is whichever team has a better W-L record at the end of the season. There are obviously a lot of dynamics that can play into this bet over the course of the season, but I'm curious to know which side of the best you all like more. Here are the league settings/scoring and the two rosters:

0.5 PPR, 4 pt passing TD, everything else the usual terms. Starting line up: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE), 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 1K

IDP scoring is: tackle = 1, assist = 0.5, sack = 3.5, FF = 4, FR = 2, PD = 2, INT = 6, TD = 6, safety = 8

Team A: Gurley, Jordan Howard, Amari Cooper, LeSean McCoy, Stafford, Agholor, Joey Bosa, Landon Collins, Jamison Crowder, Zach Ertz

Team B: Zeke, Melvin Gordon, Baldwin, Russel Wilson, Jarvis Landry, Marvin Jones, Mark Ingram, Crabtree, Alex Smith, Jordan Reed

Its probably difficult to judge given we're not done with the draft and one of the teams has taken 2 IDPs and the other has taken zero. Just thought it would be fun to hear y'alls thoughts on the bet. I'll reveal which team is mine after a few responses. 

I'd take team B.  Gurley and Zeke is a wash.  Gurley's ranked a little higher, but really either one could end up with the better year.

I like Gordon better than Jordan Howard.  I like Wilson better than Stafford, especially in a four point passing league.  Cooper is a little ahead of Baldwin (assuming a healthy Baldwin) but not by enough to matter to me.  I like Landry better than Agholor.

Just personal opinion.  I'd take Team B.

Given that half of each team will miss time due to injuries or suspensions it is impossible to know. Depends on how well you play the waiver wire. You don't win a season long bet on draft day unless you are playing best ball.

Given that half of each team will miss time due to injuries or suspensions it is impossible to know. Depends on how well you play the waiver wire. You don't win a season long bet on draft day unless you are playing best ball.
I totally agree. That's why I prefaced the post by saying "there are obviously a lot of dynamics that can play into this bet over the course of the season..." Was just curious on people's initial thoughts. 

Users who are viewing this thread