What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** San Francisco 49ers *** Jauan Jennings signs 2 year deal (11 Viewers)

I'm lovin that EVERYONE is picking KC. When everyone thinks something is gonna happen, it usually doesn't.

Vegas is giving Mahomes points. They're practically BEGGING people to take KC.

Something is up, and I'm here for it.
Yeah, that's for the casual money. The big money is coming in on the Niners. I heard this from a gambling segment I listened to yesterday.
First I've heard of that.

I'm lovin that EVERYONE is picking KC. When everyone thinks something is gonna happen, it usually doesn't.

Yeah, that's for the casual money. The big money is coming in on the Niners. I heard this from a gambling segment I listened to yesterday.
Guy, why are you doing this? The money is on KC, the picks are on KC. I know KC got this, you know KC got this, stop with the charade already. Just own the dynasty, it’ll feel much better!

Guy, why are you doing this? The money is on KC, the picks are on KC. I know KC got this, you know KC got this, stop with the charade already. Just own the dynasty, it’ll feel much better!
Hey, you gotta give props to his willingness to keep this reverse jinx shtick going!

49ers fans are expected to make up 58% of the crowd at the Super Bowl, per @VividSeats

Based on their tracking, 49ers have the highest road-crowd average across all 32 teams, with an average of 48% of the crowd this season 🔥

49ers fans are expected to make up 58% of the crowd at the Super Bowl, per @VividSeats

Based on their tracking, 49ers have the highest road-crowd average across all 32 teams, with an average of 48% of the crowd this season 🔥
Evidently they got to face opponents with pretty crappy fan bases this year

49ers have elevated defensive linemen Alex Barrett and T.Y. McGill from the practice squad.

DL Kalia Davis has been downgraded to OUT per the team.

Sitting here watching a full length Madden simulation with my kids as I begin meal prep :lol:

SF drove down to 25 on their first drive, 3rd & 1 Brock hit Aiyuk in the EZ and he dropped it. Moody kicked the FG on 4th & 1.

For two weeks all we’ve heard about is how the 49ers struggled in the playoffs.

But the Niners are on the doorstep of accomplishing their final goal of the season. That’s all that matters.

“Success doesn’t care which road you take to get to its doorstep.”

- Bill Walsh

Last edited:
It has been 11 months and one day since 49ers QB Brock Purdy underwent surgery to repair the torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow. He was medically cleared on July 25 to participate at the beginning of training camp, and today he starts in Super Bowl LVIII.

What a story.

It has been 11 months and one day since 49ers QB Brock Purdy underwent surgery to repair the torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow. He was medically cleared on July 25 to participate at the beginning of training camp, and today he starts in Super Bowl LVIII.

What a story.
Yehah, people aren’t talking about that and would rather talk about Kelce’s mother or Taylor Swift.

What a story.
Yehah, people aren’t talking about that and would rather talk about Kelce’s mother or Taylor Swift.
Yeah, my favorite team playing and I haven’t watched or read hardly anything on the game. Sooooooo much foolishness this year. Between covering the people who I shall not say their names to pushing gambling, not much info on anything else.

Go Niners!

What a story.
Yeah, my favorite team playing and I haven’t watched or read hardly anything on the game. Sooooooo much foolishness this year. Between covering the people who I shall not say their names to pushing gambling, not much info on anything else.

Go Niners!
I’m pulling for your team

I’m not mad about it, just bummed. It was a minor miracle that Mahomes didn’t win it in regulation. That 3rd and 4 after the two minute warning was the game. Too many passes in critical moments IMO even though Purdy didn’t play poorly. I think that was it for this team.

It was fun flirting with the 6 trophy club, but this franchise isn't worthy.

I'd say maybe next year, but this was the best chance for this team IMO. The window starts closing now.

Yawn. Wake me if we fire Kyle and hire someone with balls.

Sorry guys and you have every reason to be disgusted and angry. The Niners were absolutely dominating that game (just like the Eagles were last year). Shanny lost the game tonight by inexplicably moving away from the run so early.

Kelce (excected)
Rice
Hardman
Pacheco
Watson
MVS

All out pointed Aiyuk, Kittle, and Deebo in receiving (ppr). I think that explains the game.

Shanahan took over the worst team in the league and within three seasons started a run where he presided over arguably the second most successful franchise in the league over a five year period. He’s won a ton of playoff games and had the team in a position to win a Super Bowl with literally the last pick in the draft. You can miss me with all this fire Shanahan nonsense.

Sorry guys and you have every reason to be disgusted and angry. The Niners were absolutely dominating that game (just like the Eagles were last year). Shanny lost the game tonight by inexplicably moving away from the run so early.
I think they should have run a few times when they passed too, but they ran it 28 times excluding Purdy’s rushes today. It wasn’t an absurd game plan or play calling.

It was fun flirting with the 6 trophy club, but this franchise isn't worthy.

I'd say maybe next year, but this was the best chance for this team IMO. The window starts closing now.

Yawn. Wake me if we fire Kyle and hire someone with balls.
You seriously need help.

Fun season. The turnover on the punt was a disaster. Just a bad play on the rookies part. Got to stay away from the ball in those situations.

So close ☹️

Shanahan took over the worst team in the league and within three seasons started a run where he presided over arguably the second most successful franchise in the league over a five year period. He’s won a ton of playoff games and had the team in a position to win a Super Bowl with literally the last pick in the draft. You can miss me with all this fire Shanahan nonsense.
Yeah. Two years to rebuild and has made it to at least the NFC championship game in 4 of the last 5 years.

Wingnut is either a moron or a psychopath.

Who do you hire if you fire Shanahan and drop Purdy? Mahomes and Reid? Did the Niners embarrass themselves? It sucks losing on the biggest stage, but they have at least one more year in this window and that assumes their next draft class sucks

I was rooting for the 49ers to win, but thought that KC would end up winning. Frisco started out the game playing much stronger than KC. I made a post in the game thread where I stated that it felt like Frisco should be up by a lot more than 7 points—and that they needed to extend to a much bigger lead—as Mahomes was not going to play that poor over the course of the entire game. When you give established clutch players like Patrick mahomes, Tom Brady, Steph Curry..etc—chances to stay in games where they are performing poorly—often times you end up playing with fire and losing.

With that said—the Niners are a wonderful team that has talent across the board. I think they clearly have a bright future—and if I have to assess blame—I would put it on Shanahan. He managed to shockingly underutilize a player like C-mac in a game where Deebo was clearly hobbled, Kittle was almost non existent, and Aiyuk was far from his elite self. Patrick Mahomes arguably outperformed CMAC as a rusher today—which shouldn’t happen when you are playing from ahead for a nice portion of the game.

All in all—it probably sucks for 49er fans right now—but I do think that you have a lot to be happy about. The team played hard this season, and there is no reason to think that they won’t be a wonderful team moving forward.

Who do you hire if you fire Shanahan and drop Purdy? Mahomes and Reid? Did the Niners embarrass themselves? It sucks losing on the biggest stage, but they have at least one more year in this window and that assumes their next draft class sucks
They won't fire Shanahan, and that's OK. No titles in 30 years, so now SB losses are the accepted standard.

:lmao:

Someone else start a 2024 thread please. I'm above that **** starting now.

They won't fire Shanahan, and that's OK. No titles in 30 years, so now SB losses are the accepted standard.

You are literally regurgitating the Jed York playbook in 2013, so you have that going for you.

You are literally regurgitating the Jed York playbook in 2013, so you have that going for you.
The f are you taking about now?

Users who are viewing this thread