What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, DAL (2 Viewers)

I have to say I'm impressed with Zeke. He didn't mail it in. Looks to be in the best shape he's ever been. Lean, quick. Looks like a completely different player. And absolutely Dallas could have used him this year. They now realize Pollard is not who they thought he was. Typical change of pace to lead back struggles.
Future HOfer?

i think he needs more numbers.....
Probably but I certainly think he's better than some of the guys nominated in the HOF thread like Tiki, George, and Alexander. Not saying they'll make it.

Watch this guy be a league winner down the stretch. There really is no rhyme or reason. To this hobby

I had reasons in dynasty to hold him, and I benefitted to the tune of 25.50 points (23.50 Half PPR plus one tackle for IDP purposes). I didn't even want to start him against Pittsburgh, so you're half-right. But he's great bench depth to have in case something happened to Stevenson. I don't know that if when Bill Belichick sits down and sees the YPC and the film he'll be overly happy, but he fed Zeke in a big fantasy football game tonight.

He had a killer full PPR night. Like, totally legit.
Not just that, but running down that INT will earn him credit in the locker room. That was a big play.
Dammit! Didn’t watch the game but had underwhelming Pitt defense starting.

Sad to hear Zeke saved a possible TD.
He was the only one who even tried to stop it. Not saying they almost scored, because he caught the guy and tackled him nowhere near goal line. But if he had jogged or given up on the play, or worried about his body over the score, the guy walks in.

I have to say I'm impressed with Zeke. He didn't mail it in. Looks to be in the best shape he's ever been. Lean, quick. Looks like a completely different player. And absolutely Dallas could have used him this year. They now realize Pollard is not who they thought he was. Typical change of pace to lead back struggles.
I'm not sure he would have done much more than Pollard. I see them about the same, which is a disappointment for Pollard. But the "Zeke is washed up" narrative is looking a bit foolish. He can still contribute to a team and earn carries every game.

My teammate and I was doing our cuts today for the FFPC and he suggested dropping Zeke and I said no can't do that maybe he will go back to Dallas. 6 hours later this report comes out.
Also Zeke just helped me win $75,000 and the NFFC cutline championship with his 21 point week 16 so I couldn't drop him just yet.

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports Cowboys and RB Ezekiel Elliott have mutual interest in a reunion.

It’s a move that would make sense for both parties after Dallas let Tony Pollard walk in free agency, particularly considering Elliott played with the Patriots on a one-year contract in 2023. Rico Dowdle currently sits atop the Dallas depth chart at running back, followed by second-year change of pace back Deuce Vaughn, failed between-the-tackles grinder Malik Davis, and former Jaguars retread Snoop Conner. It remains to be seen what comes of the recent rumor, but Zeke proved he can still handle a significant workload after managing 120 touches during the final six games of the 2023 season while in New England.
36m ago
Source: Jeremy Fowler

My teammate and I was doing our cuts today for the FFPC and he suggested dropping Zeke and I said no can't do that maybe he will go back to Dallas. 6 hours later this report comes out.
Also Zeke just helped me win $75,000 and the NFFC cutline championship with his 21 point week 16 so I couldn't drop him just yet.

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports Cowboys and RB Ezekiel Elliott have mutual interest in a reunion.

It’s a move that would make sense for both parties after Dallas let Tony Pollard walk in free agency, particularly considering Elliott played with the Patriots on a one-year contract in 2023. Rico Dowdle currently sits atop the Dallas depth chart at running back, followed by second-year change of pace back Deuce Vaughn, failed between-the-tackles grinder Malik Davis, and former Jaguars retread Snoop Conner. It remains to be seen what comes of the recent rumor, but Zeke proved he can still handle a significant workload after managing 120 touches during the final six games of the 2023 season while in New England.
36m ago
Source: Jeremy Fowler
I saw this topic updated and fully expected it to be @Faust saying he signed in DAL.

They haven’t made any move at the position so it makes perfect sense.

I still expect them to draft a guy too.

5th round RB or an over-the-hill ex-Cowboy. The Cowboys backs are really against the wall.

JK Dobbins? AJ Dillon? Pretty minimal fall-out from the draft. Hubbard? Sanders? James Conner?

Cowboys signed RB Ezekiel Elliott, formerly of the Patriots.

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero and Ian Rapoport were first on the report, stating that the Cowboys and Elliott have agreed to terms on a deal pending a physical. The two sides parted ways last offseason as part of a cap-saving move that cleared $11 million for the Cowboys last offseason. Zeke would eventually land in New England, where he served as a lightly-used backup before turning into a PPR merchant Week 14 after Rhamondre Stevenson was sidelined with a high-ankle injury. Over the final five weeks of the season, Zeke rushed for 72-213-1, while adding another 27-159-2 through the air. He averaged a mere 3.5 YPC on the season, and at almost 29 years old, continues to look like a player who has hit the proverbial wall. Opportunities will be easy to come by in a Dallas backfield that currently features Rico Dowdle, Deuce Vaughn, and Royce Freeman, but Zeke shouldn’t be viewed as a permanent solution to this backfield’s problems. With that said, it wouldn’t be surprising to see Jerry Jones and Mike McCarthy stubbornly deploy him in a lead role early on.

- NFL Network's Tom Pelissero
Rename the thread!

RENAME
THE
THREAD

I might be in the minority here, but I'm actually pretty excited for this unexpected RB depth if no other major moves are made. He didn't look half bad to me when he wasn't banged up in 2022. I know the stat line wasn't pretty for 2023, but what threat did the Patriots offense have to keep defenses honest? It's not like I sat down and watched every carry, but it seemed like most of the assessments from the talking heads I trust was that he looked okay performing in a bad offense.

He'll turn 29 just ahead of the season. I know that's as old of a 29 that you will find at the position for someone without a major injury. However, going strictly off of hive mindset, you would swear that the man is 32 or 33. I have younger RBs with more intriguing upside, but if you're telling me that I have to pencil in my bye week replacements now, and that Zeke is sharing a backfield with Dowdle and Vaughn, I'll take Zeke and the TD potential.

They never should have let him leave given what they’ve done since his departure. They could have really used him last year.

He won’t break the long one but he doesn’t fumble, gets positive yardage and can pass block.

Every team in the league should have tried to get him as their backup.

I might be in the minority here, but I'm actually pretty excited for this unexpected RB depth if no other major moves are made. He didn't look half bad to me when he wasn't banged up in 2022. I know the stat line wasn't pretty for 2023, but what threat did the Patriots offense have to keep defenses honest? It's not like I sat down and watched every carry, but it seemed like most of the assessments from the talking heads I trust was that he looked okay performing in a bad offense.

He'll turn 29 just ahead of the season. I know that's as old of a 29 that you will find at the position for someone without a major injury. However, going strictly off of hive mindset, you would swear that the man is 32 or 33. I have younger RBs with more intriguing upside, but if you're telling me that I have to pencil in my bye week replacements now, and that Zeke is sharing a backfield with Dowdle and Vaughn, I'll take Zeke and the TD potential.
That would be great but Dallas won’t have a rushing TD this year.

I'm not sure if I would be more excited with the O-line of 3 or 4 years ago or the Zeke of 3 or 4 years ago. Dak and Lamb at least give defenses something to account for. 1st round O-lineman selection doesn't hurt either.

This isn't Zeke = championship. This is Zeke = cool, another guy in the mix that might have a matchup against a trash run defense in a week that I need him.

The defense will.

I'm not sure if I would be more excited with the O-line of 3 or 4 years ago or the Zeke of 3 or 4 years ago. Dak and Lamb at least give defenses something to account for. 1st round O-lineman selection doesn't hurt either.

This isn't Zeke = championship. This is Zeke = cool, another guy in the mix that might have a matchup against a trash run defense in a week that I need him.
Every FF team needs a Zeke. Set it and forget it. He might might not get ya 30, but he’ll get ya 10. Might pop for 20. Probably mostly something in between.

I’d plug that in at RB2 or Flex all day.

Users who are viewing this thread