What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Joe Milton, NE (1 Viewer)

LawFitz

Footballguy
- 6'5'' 235
- Bazooka Arm - one of the strongest the NFL has ever seen
- 4.5ish 40

In 14 starts and some mop up duty for Hendon Hooker across his last two years at Tennessee, Milton put up:

- 65% completions on 485 attempts
- 8.8 Y/A, 9.8 AY/A
- 37 TDs (30 passing)
- 5 INT + 2 FL
- 491 yrds rushing on 4.0 YPC

Eye Test - Huge Pass

This dude seems like Anthony Richardson lite. Yet while AR15 went top 5 last year, Milton gets almost zero love this, and is being projected as a 5th rounder?!? I get that he's very raw as a passer. But I still sense a huge diamond in the rough here.

I haven't heard good things.

When people talk of him playing another position, they perk up and are positive.
I've heard more n more of Hooker because of Milton and I really have high expectations for the forgotten Hooker.

I'd rather trade for Malik Willis than draft Milton. Re OP, he's just as freaky athletic as Richardson.

In 14 starts and some mop up duty for Hendon Hooker across his last two years at Tennessee, Milton put up:

- 65% completions on 485 attempts
- 8.8 Y/A, 9.8 AY/A
- 37 TDs (30 passing)
- 5 INT + 2 FL
- 491 yds rushing at 4.0 YPC

Let's compare the above Bazooka stats to AR15's final season at Florida, when he played 12 games as the established starter:

- 54% completions on 327 attempts
- 7.8 Y/A, 7.6 AY/A
- 26 TDs (17 passing)
- 9 INT + 2 FL
- 654 yds rushing at 6.3 YPC

:stalker:

Raw stats without context, Milton was objectively the better passer across all measures, gross and avg. Both played in the SEC, albeit one year apart, so not sure how much strength of opponent played a role. Also, I know Tennessee's system was QB friendly - no idea how Florida's compared, but obviously this could be a huge differentiator.

Either way, given the similarly freakish physical comps, I am super curious to see where and when Milton lands this weekend. And not-so-quietly hoping it's in Vegas somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread